Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Significant breakout in gold...

Comments

• Options
    All I need, using 30+ years of experience with technical analysis and fundamental indicators is to see 5 things occur.

I bet one of them is the democrats gaining control of congress!!!!............thank God
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>What is the highest gold has ever been at? >>

1980 ~$880 (Uncle Bunky)
    2006 ~$740 >>

It's important to point out that $880 in 1980 dollars is equivalent to about $2200 in today's dollars. Thus, it would be appropriate to say that gold has traded as high as $2200 in real dollars, just 27 years ago. Conversely, the $740 recent high was worth approximately $310 in 1980. So gold's most recent high is less than half of it's all-time high, which occured 27 long years ago. I think gold has plenty of room to wiggle.
  • Options
    Ole uncle bunky lost his butt. They were both crazy men and would dump unbelievable amount of speculation money into oil and commodities. If I remember right Uncle Sam had something to do with killing silvers rise over 50.00 oz.
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • Options
    saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>What is the highest gold has ever been at? >>

1980 ~$880 (Uncle Bunky)
    2006 ~$740 >>

It's important to point out that $880 in 1980 dollars is equivalent to about $2200 in today's dollars. Thus, it would be appropriate to say that gold has traded as high as $2200 in real dollars, just 27 years ago. Conversely, the $740 recent high was worth approximately $310 in 1980. So gold's most recent high is less than half of it's all-time high, which occured 27 long years ago. I think gold has plenty of room to wiggle. >>

Lou Gehrig...The high was $880 as far as any technical analysis goes. An economist would start converting to equivallency, but not a commodity trader/investor. I don't trade gold...I invest, but I don;t see anything even remotely to the theoretical equivallent occuring.

I'll say $800 over the next 2 years and gladly take anything over that.
  • Options
    gold currently trying to break out again... stay tuned.
  • Options
    Here is the bottom line. Anyone who bought ms63 thru ms65 saints, ms63, ms64 five Indians, ms63 thru ms65 ten indians etc etc from 2001 thru 2004 and held on to them have made some serious money on their purchase. And they stand to make a lot more, much more if they dont give up to the naysayers and sell their coins when gold hits a few bumps along the way. What will these coins sell for when gold breaks 1000 an oz. Mucho money. BTW, these same naysayers fought rising gold all the way up from 250 an oz in may of 2001 until now. And they are still bashing gold in the face of huge gains in prices for these same coins listed above. Its still not too late. Even at todays prices, these coins will be an excellent buy when looking back from two years down the road. Of course this is just my opinion on the latter, but the real gain in money on these coins from 2001 til now is fact, not opinion.
    In an insane society, a sane person will appear to be insane.
  • Options
    DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    I dont know about how the gold market works internally and it may be ready for a breakout, however, it is trading right now at 649, one dollar above the level when this thread was created.

The underlying fundamentals may still be the same, I dont know about those. But if gold is getting ready to breakout, I would be interested to understand the technical reasons some people believe it.
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I dont know about how the gold market works internally and it may be ready for a breakout, however, it is trading right now at 649, one dollar above the level when this thread was created.

The underlying fundamentals may still be the same, I dont know about those. But if gold is getting ready to breakout, I would be interested to understand the technical reasons some people believe it. >>

Looks like it's 658 and some change to me........
  • Options

<< <i>I dont know about how the gold market works internally and it may be ready for a breakout, however, it is trading right now at 649, one dollar above the level when this thread was created.

The underlying fundamentals may still be the same, I dont know about those. But if gold is getting ready to breakout, I would be interested to understand the technical reasons some people believe it. >>

Where are you getting 649 from? Spot is currently at 658ish.
    660 (resistance) is proving to be a tough nut to crack thus far.
  • Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the problem is that everyone has been concentrating on the secrecy of the lack of gold in Fort Knox.

They are being misled.

There IS no gold in Fort Knox! It is simply a terrorist DECOY.

Where the gold REALLY is is ..... FORT KNOTTS !!!!!

Named after Don Knotts. You remember Barney Fife, doncha? The sheriff with ONE BULLET?

Well, there is ONE OUNCE of gold in the new Treasury depository at Fort KNOTTS!!!

• Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭

I have 6 super secret indicators that say Gold's going higher.

So there.
  • Options
    I have seven. However those with merely six can ...sometimes.... do okay.

• Options
    Hum, spot market just re-opened. Gold up another $2.50 and is now slightly over $660.image
  • Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    yummmmmmy
  • Options

<< <i>Well, the problem is that everyone has been concentrating on the secrecy of the lack of gold in Fort Knox.

They are being misled.

There IS no gold in Fort Knox! It is simply a terrorist DECOY.

Where the gold REALLY is is ..... FORT KNOTTS !!!!!

Named after Don Knotts. You remember Barney Fife, doncha? The sheriff with ONE BULLET?

Well, there is ONE OUNCE of gold in the new Treasury depository at Fort KNOTTS!!!

image >>

• Options
    $661 ask
  • Options
    Pullback on profit taking tomorrow and then off to the races until next Thursday
    Buy the dips!!!
  • Options
    2bucks2bucks Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Pullback on profit taking tomorrow and then off to the races until next Thursday >>

I agree, this is a selling opportunity short term. Just sold for 662.00/oz, and will purchase asap after the next correction.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Pullback on profit taking tomorrow and then off to the races until next Thursday >>

I agree, this is a selling opportunity short term. Just sold for 662.00/oz, and will purchase asap after the next correction. >>

The weekly correction or the monthly correction??
    Buy the dips!!!
  • Options
    There's something happening here
    What it is ain't exactly clear.
    There's a man some gold over there,
    Telling me I got to beware. ...

Still have doubts? Watch and see....image
  • Options
    jayboxxjayboxx Posts: 1,613 ✭✭
    My 30 barrels of oil are up too.
  • Options
    Man metals on the rise again today....gold $666 if something happens this will skyrocket all the metal pricesimage
  • Options
    DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    Platinum is now over $1200 again. You have to look at the past 5 years to see the trend line as there is too much noise in the smaller aggregated data. Metal seem to be marching together... as is the stock market.
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • Options
    $665+
  • Options

<< <i>There's something happening here
    Telling me I got to beware. ... {quote}

For what it's worth, Buffalo Springfield. Stephen Stills-1969.
    Kudos to Neil Young.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop children. What's that sound ? Everybody look what's going down !

If you are gonna sing the song Jay, sing the whole thing image
  • Options
    $668+

Can I get a $670?

I think if we close strong, the breakout is confirmed.
  • Options
    Oh NO! It will be a complete SURPRISE! Gold is going to 400. I heard it here. I have my money ready for 400. WHEN is 400 coming? I need 400!
    It's just GOTTA git ta 400.
    If it don't, then what'll I do? Just add to what I been buying? Well, that's no fun at all.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KITCO's Friday close: $666.70 Bid/ $668.20 Ask
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    When is St. Swithin's day?
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $666 image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    Mining stocks getting hosed with the rest of the stock market. Oh well.
  • Options
    2bucks2bucks Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Oh NO! It will be a complete SURPRISE! Gold is going to 400. I heard it here. I have my money ready for 400. WHEN is 400 coming? I need 400!
    If it don't, then what'll I do? Just add to what I been buying? Well, that's no fun at all.
    image >>

I usually never say never, but NEVER, $400's a pipe dream now. I believe we will see mid $500's within the next 60 days tho.. image
  • Options
    60 days IS forever.... in gold.
  • Options

<< <i>Mining stocks getting hosed with the rest of the stock market. Oh well. >>

You should be in a Mutual Plan instead of trying to pick one or two. Mine aren't doing great right now but they aren't dogs either. The last bull run they did 400 to 500% better than gold, people were're putting their money on any hole in the ground so hang in there it's coming.image
  • Options

Still have doubts? Watch and see....image >>

No doubts here, pal - just wish I had had free funds when I called this bottom on 1/5/07 image

Hope some folks paid attention
  • Options

<< <i>

No doubts here, pal - just wish I had had free funds when I called this bottom on 1/5/07 image

Hope some folks paid attention >>

Then can you do me a favor and call the next top? Thanks in advance.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Then can you do me a favor and call the next top? Thanks in advance. >>

Sure thing - it's now. Sell me your Saints at spot - get out while you can. image

seriously - I'll take a stab and say a retrace from $676, but it won't be much of one. This is all thrown out the window barring geopolitical events.

What do you say?
  • Options
    rooksmithrooksmith Posts: 972 ✭✭✭✭
    St. Swithin's Day?

$700 GOLD BY ST. SWITHINS' DAY!!!!!!!!

-------------------------
    "Nothing can go worng!"
    “When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished.” - Tommy Smothers
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Then can you do me a favor and call the next top? Thanks in advance. >>

Sure thing - it's now. Sell me your Saints at spot - get out while you can. image

seriously - I'll take a stab and say a retrace from $676, but it won't be much of one. This is all thrown out the window barring geopolitical events.

What do you say? >>

I agree, stocks pulled back today in spite of gold flying , sometimes means a little retracement is due , I thought it would happen today due to a pullback in gold price (profit taking after the runup)but was only half right.
    Buy the dips!!!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Oh NO! It will be a complete SURPRISE! Gold is going to 400. I heard it here. I have my money ready for 400. WHEN is 400 coming? I need 400!
    image >>

I usually never say never, but NEVER, $400's a pipe dream now. I believe we will see mid $500's within the next 60 days tho.. image >>

Not if the ECB raises interest rates and there has been some talk of that maybe happening again soon. If it does the dollar will drop and that usually means gold goes up, when the FED finally lowers rates near the end of this year the dollar will be hurt again which should push gold higher.
  • Options
    ECB nixed the rate rise today. They're still TALKIN hawkish, but it's all a ruse.
    Once it becomes clear that the rate rises are being made to CONTAIN commodity prices, it won't work anymore. Paper is crap. Gold is wealth.

It all runs in cycles and this one ain't even begun.

GOT DEBT?

CYCLES???

• Options
    anymore doubters?

Still not convinced?

Short a few contracts and see how it feels.image
  • Options
    Man is this a breakout in slow motion or what? Silver's doing nicely so far today though.
  • Options
    theumptheump Posts: 634 ✭✭
    Please. This is typical bullsh1t action in the gold market. Run it, take in the bulls then kill it. We were up $6 earlier now up $1. The only saving grace so far is that the gold stocks are not getting killed. image
  • Options

<< <i>Man is this a breakout in slow motion or what? Silver's doing nicely so far today though. >>

By my work this is wave 3 of the bull...it's a LONG, SLOW uptrend and can last over a year. This is not the stampede that wave 2 was....and that's why it remains so sutained. Interesting how we are at $670 and there's no headlines, no talk, nothing. It's like the "stealth" phase of the climb. Gold should slip past the highs within 6 months....maybe sooner, maybe later, but it will happen.

Waves 4 and 5 are more interesting and treacherous.....
  • Options
    $675 and no one is talking....

THAT'S JUST THE WAY I LIKE IT!!!image
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    Quietly breaking and holding above resistance levels.
    The 2006-W gold sets are in the black at around $730/oz.image
  • Options

<< <i>Then can you do me a favor and call the next top? Thanks in advance.

What do you say? >>

Here's your $676 retrace. Just a quickie, I believe.

• Options

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file