13»

Comments

• Options
    Gold up $17 right now. Got breakout?
  • Options
    saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Gold up $17 right now. Got breakout? >>

Had breakout on the first post here.

I made the call when it actually happened on the technicals.

NOW the doubters will start buying. I'm up $25/oz. image
  • Options

<< <i>

NOW the doubters will start buying. I'm up $25/oz. image >>

Let's just say the breakout needed confirmation, and today's action is doing just that.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Gold up $17 right now. >>

Bad news on inflation will do that.
  • Options
    Let's say that when you've been doing this for 30 years, you act when the signal is given.

Then you watch as the "confirmation-needers" pile in. image

• Options

<< <i>

Bad news on inflation will do that. >>

Shorts getting chased, no doubt about it.
  • Options

<< <i>

Bad news on inflation will do that. >>

This is NOT about inflation. Hell, inflation is about as low as it was when gold was at $270.

It's about a primary commodity breaking out after a 21 year bear market. It's not abouot oil, the $$, inflation, global unrest.....we had all of that in the 90's and it did nothing to the price of gold.

The simple reason is that you have no Central Bank selling like you did all through the 80's until the very late 1990's. I believe the last CB's to sell were the stalwarts Great Britain, Switzerland and Germany. Talk about the biggest bulls doing the big puke. image

This trend will last for another 3-5 years. Target $850. I'll wait before I ever say $1000. It's a bad mojo like "beans in the teens!". You know, that NEVER happened, yet the cry emits from the bean pit every 5 years or so for the last 100 years. image
  • Options

<< <i>This is NOT about inflation. Hell, inflation is about as low as it was when gold was at $270. >>

You don't think today's inflation report led to a short-covering rally?

In the long term the upward trend isn't specifically about inflation (at least not directly). Today's action, on the other hand, is surely influenced by it.
  • Options
  • Options
    elwoodelwood Posts: 2,414
    +24
    Please visit my website prehistoricamerica.com www.visitiowa.org/pinecreekcabins
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1
  • Options
    No I don't think so. Gold was absolutely unchanged when the report came out...and for an hour and a half after that.

TheCPI wasn't that bad. It came in at .3% vs. expectations of .2%. We've seen much bigger surprises.

Wave 3 is alive and well.
  • Options

<< <i>
    TheCPI wasn't that bad. It came in at .3% vs. expectations of .2%. We've seen much bigger surprises.
    >>

The CPI is fiction, in case you guys didn't notice.
  • Options
    Kitco's website is HELLA slow right now. Why would people be buying right now?
  • Options

<< <i>The CPI is fiction, in case you guys didn't notice. >>

It's engineered to look more benign than it is. How many people really feel like their expenses are rising only 3% a year?

The weaker they make inflation look, the more confident they hope to make us feel about fiat currency, AND the less they have to pay out for interest on TIPS and the less they have to pay out in COLAs for Social Security and public pensions.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The CPI is fiction, in case you guys didn't notice. >>

It's engineered to look more benign than it is. How many people really feel like their expenses are rising only 3% a year?

The weaker they make inflation look, the more confident they hope to make us feel about fiat currency, AND the less they have to pay out for interest on TIPS and the less they have to pay out in COLAs for Social Security and public pensions. >>

Bingo. Give that man a prize.
  • Options

<< <i>

NOW the doubters will start buying. I'm up $25/oz. image >>

check the posts, buddy..I called bottom at $605 and a brief retrace at $676.

I am the shizznit. image
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the last several years...................
    the smart money has been buying gold. But the mensa money has been buying silver.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No reflection on you Darin, but Mensa is the biggest bunch of elitist snobs I have ever associated with... and quite frankly, their IQ's, for the most part, are not reflected in their real world accomplishments... Socially, they are a disaster. That being said, precious metals will continue to rise, albeit on a slower, but steady pace. SG is correct, there are minor blips due to market news.. but look at the overall trend. Darin is right about the percentage increase in relation to Gold/Silver. The trick is to have owned a large quantity before all the rise in price. image Yes, I am smiling. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have they fixed monetary and price inflation yet? No? Okay, I didn't think so.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Tis much more difficult to keep $10,000 in silver than it is in gold.
  • Options
    HELLO!!

$690.....
  • Options

<< <i>HELLO!!

$690..... >>

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights