Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Comments

• Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya think? I'll bet his memory is long re: Darin

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    I recently voiced my opinion in this forum and it didnt do me a lot of good. I think I was almost negd. We eventually worked it out and all is good. Sorry you got the neg.
  • Options
  • Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've followed many of his auctions...I also think he's "ernie" on ebay as well. Consider yourself fortunate. Most of the auctions I've followed were mainly for curiositys' sake. I follow mostly early copper and his coins seemed to be a couple of points over-graded. On the up-side though, he does seem to provide decent enough images and he seems to accurately describe his wares. I just have a difficult time bidding on something described as "VF" when there's obvious corrosion or other problems...L

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    That seller is Ernie--Ebwcoin is how he sells slabbed coins, his raw material is under Ernie--he frequently has two and three coin deals on CBHs that interest me but I always have two of the three and just am interested in only one and have never asked if he'd break up the lot for me--why were you blocked? I haven't bought from him (as I recall)--but I believe he monitors this board. Not sure how good his coins are but as I recall he has a decent return policy. I have nothing positive or negative to say about this seller.

Bill
    Curmudgeon in waiting!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Ya think? I'll bet his memory is long re: Darin >>

Lol ... you wanna start again? >>

I think you did enough damage the first time...

My Ebay Auctions

Currently Listed: Nothing

Take Care, Dave
  • Options
  • Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭
    Just keep hitting the cow bell & everything will be fine. I don't have time for them long post's image
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options
  • Options
    Again--why were you blocked? Not trying to start anything--just curious?
    Curmudgeon in waiting!
  • Options
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coins are cool, it's people who hold grudges image
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Again--why were you blocked? Not trying to start anything--just curious? >>

I don't know ... >>

Ignorance is not a defense. Of course self denial always works-NOT!!

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options

<< <i>Again--why were you blocked? Not trying to start anything--just curious? >>

fletcher, did you ask the seller a question?
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options

<< <i>

fletcher, did you ask the seller a question? >>

I did ask him if there were any major hits on the coin or if it had simply a slight rub. No big deal, a very low dollar item.

I am ignoring coindeuce's jabs until I have another glass of red image

• Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I did ask him if there were any major hits on the coin or if it had simply a slight rub. No big deal, a very low dollar item.

I am ignoring coindeuce's jabs until I have another glass of red image >>

Well, No one can say YOU did'nt try. image have at it.
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    Fletch,
    What are you drinking tonight? About a week ago I found a couple of bottles of 94 Caymus in the bottom of my wine celllar that I had hidden from the ex. She took the other approximately 18 when she moved out. She was suprised as heck that I had it documented well enough to charge her for it in the divorce settlement. I think she gave most of it away or drank it with girlfriends thinking she got it for free...actually she probably got charged for these two...I just thought of that.image

Now I hate to break this to you but this probably wasn't the first time....

--Jerry
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I am ignoring coindeuce's jabs until I have another glass of red image >>

how about a link to the coin?
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Doesn't anyone drink muscatel or Thunderberd anymore?
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
  • Options
    Guinness stout i do confessimageimage
  • Options
    SandhawkSandhawk Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Doesn't anyone drink muscatel or Thunderberd anymore? >>

or MadDog 20/20 or Schlitz 40 ouncers ???

imageimage

• Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ernie hasn't been here since 2005. Several good threads about him here. Got lots of stuff up right now.
  • Options
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    First Time I Have Been Blocked By An Ebay Seller ...

"....did you ask the seller a question? "

//////////////////////////////////////////

I have been blocked for ASQ, and I have blocked others for ASQ.

Some sellers do not want even the slightest indication that
    "grade/condition" might be an issue with their listing. I do
    not mind that kind of ASQ, and would never block somebody
    for asking.

BUT, I do immediately block IDs who:

1. Make a lowball offer, when the best-offer option is NOT featured.

2. Inquire as to why I raised the price of a previously listed item.

3. Write just to tell me that their similar item is better than mine.

4. Inquire as to whether I will reduce the price on a $5.00 item.

Other than those kind of ASQs, I am usually pleased to hear from
    EBAY's shrinking crowd of potential buyers.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My wife got me this birth year bottle for my birthday this year ... do you think that it is ready to drink yet? Notice the name George De LaTour on the label imageimage >>

Very nice. I'm not familiar with that vintage so I don't know if you should drink it or enjoy having it. There is nothing worth drinking from my birthyear (56). I used to have a girlfrind born in 58 which was actually an ok year so I got her a bottle of 58 Inglenook (it was one of the best wineries in the 50's) for her 40th in 98. But she dumped me before her birthday. I still have it and figure I can sell it toward the end of 07 for those celebrating a 50th anniversary. I paid $400. We'll see what ROE i get on it.

--jerry
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I did ask him if there were any major hits on the coin or if it had simply a slight rub. No big deal, a very low dollar item.
    >>

Is that how you ask him? Tell us how you actually worded it.
    What was his answer and how did you reply?
    There must be more to it than you are telling us.
    Larry

• Options
  • Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

or MadDog 20/20 or Schlitz 40 ouncers ???

image >>

Midnight Express , Train keeps a rollin all night long ! image
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"Hi ... are there any major hits on the coin?"

No response. Went to buy it anyway and had been blocked. No biggie ... lets get back to wine talk image >>

Sounds like Ernie must know you.
    Larry

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

or MadDog 20/20 or Schlitz 40 ouncers ??? >>

Why am I being reminded of this site?
  • Options
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Would be interesting to know Ernie's feedback from members here, mine wasn't so good.
    Sounds like members are OK with his slabbed coins, but raw, I'm not so sure.
  • Options
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Would be interesting to know Ernie's feedback from members here, mine wasn't so good.
    Sounds like members are OK with his slabbed coins, but raw, I'm not so sure. >>

Ernie has an impressive collection of Seated coins I look at some times. They all seem to look washed out in the images. I have trouble believing they all look the same in hand, but his images make the coins look lifeless. I think some of his grading is optimistic, but every now and then something is priced fairly with respect to what appears in the image. I know some people have had success cherrying some of his offerings.
  • Options
    OldnewbieOldnewbie Posts: 1,425 ✭✭
    Folks, you do realize you're just feeding the troll.

A rich, intelligent troll, but a troll just the same.
  • Options
    LOL... I've always wished I could find a way to block ernie's listings from showing up because I'm tired of looking at them when browsing for stuff. It's not that they're bad, just a bit overpriced for the grades in almost all cases.
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭

<< <i>Just keep hitting the cow bell & everything will be fine. I don't have time for them long post's image >>

this coming from the genius who posted with a grin that the 20th ann sae's would tank on ebay after xmas.

go wipe the mud off your jowels

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    Ernie is an idiot but consider yourself lucky!!! image
  • Options
    Another reason for NOT posting on boards / ng's using your eBay name image
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭

<< <i>First Time I Have Been Blocked By An Ebay Seller ... >>

• Options
    DD Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    Boone's Farm.

-D
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

-Aristotle

Dum loquimur fugerit invida aetas. Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

-Horace

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file