Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Are your coins Democratic or Republican....

Saints...definately Republican.

Comissioned by Teddy Roosevelt, the greatest President ever, in my opinion!

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,808 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bull-Moose!

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    tmot99tmot99 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭
    What do you think?image

• Options
    saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Bull-Moose! >>

Republican FIRST! He hated Taft so he split from the Elephants to unseat him. He lost to Woody Wilson, but he sure stirred stuff up.image
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saint... right on... I am sure you have read history and biography... an amazing man. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    My best coins were commissioned when George Washington was president. But I too am a fan of Teddy Roosevelt.

• Options

<< <i>Democratic or Republican >>

:zippered lips;

FULL Heads RULE!
  • Options
    I think my coin pre-dates those parties. Whig? Federalist?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,808 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am well aware of the fact that TR was a Republican... image

edited to add: Taft was TR's hand picked successor in 1908. Taft did not handle the Presidency in the same vain as TR.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options

<< <i>Teddy Roosevelt, the greatest President ever, in my opinion! >>

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” - Theodore Roosevelt

imageimage

FULL Heads RULE!
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TR also gets "credit" for the Lincoln cent. It was modified to the new design
    in 1959 during Ike's presidency and then changed to a copper coated zinc coin
    during Reagan's presidency.

Here is a coin that wastes tax payer and consumer money everytime it is used
    or thrown in the trash.

It wouldn't seem there are any political parties who can be held blameless for
    past or current coins just as it might not be fair to credit either party with the
    successes.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    a039a039 Posts: 1,546
    I think TDN is a staunch republican...image
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Libertarian - less Government intervention when I sell 'em image
  • Options
    I think Libertarians are disenfranchised Repubs at heart. Unsatisfied wth the new influences and "morality" that has infringed on the concept of small Federal government, it's become a safe haven for the right to live your life in private without government interference.

I could say that I'm a Libertarian, because I hate the moral Right, as did Goldwater, and he was considered an extremist in his day. Today he'd be a moderate...although ne never played party politics.

The Repubs will get rid of these big government meddling moralists...they aren't thrue Repubs because they want to dictate their religious ideals in the political platform. That doesn't fly in the small Fed, states-rights belief in old line conservatism.

Until then, I adhere to the AuH2O line. image
  • Options
    For all of you toned coin lovers...this thread might also be called "do you prefer RED coins...or BLUE coins!

• Options
    Dang Jay, right on all points. We have to get the moralists of the religious right out. Say, the dems really did themselves proud today, didn't they? "Run away! Run away"
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    "Until then, I adhere to the AuH2O line. "

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    Republican, at least the Republicans who became the Democrats. These are the coins of Jefferson, and were replaced by the man Jefferson hired.

• Options

<< <i>Dang Jay, right on all points. We have to get the moralists of the religious right out. Say, the dems really did themselves proud today, didn't they? "Run away! Run away" >>

The fundamentalists scared their way into the party. Pharm.

For the record, and a surprise to many, Goldwater was pro-choice, anti right-wing religious moralists and defended gays rights. He saw any legislation against women and gays as BIG government entering the pur homes...a strict taboo to true ideal conservatives.

Keep the Feds out of my home regarding social issues. Don't tell me that morality calls should be legislated so long as no crimes or constitutionality is breached. I see nothing in the Constitution about abortion, gays, sex-laws...and the BIGGIE...stem-cell research. When the executive branch starts dictating what science can and can not do, that when I get off the bus and say "sayonara".

That is the most appaling and inane position I have ever seen. The big tittied $20 gold lady would use that torch on the neocons homes!" image

imageimage
  • Options
    dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭
    Mine are a bunch of insurrectionist rebels.image
    image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • Options
    PreTurbPreTurb Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭
    slummy, thar' you go again showing off yore big 'uns
  • Options
  • Options
    My is an antiestablishmentarianist Peacenik. This is " Java Jane ". image

imageimage >>

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My coins are for the most part independent. They can speak for themselves regardless of their plastic surroundings.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file