Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1999-W MS Eagles question

None currently listed on Teletrade.

At Heritage, they have 3 available, but when looking at the pics, the obverse seems to have some weird coloring on both the PCGS MS69 and the NGC MS70.

NGC MS70

PCGS MS69

Is this common for this issue? Or just bad pictures? Thanks.

FloridaBill

Comments

• Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    I have own two MS-69's in the past. These are just bad pictures I believe.
  • Options
    Jimmy Gerstel is selling them as we type. They look hazy.
  • Options
    Who is Jimmy G?
  • Options
    Oh he's a treat - if you have DirecTV he's on 239. Celebrity Shopping Home.

Coin Vault type overpriced crap, but he's funny in an annoying way. And I think his blonde sidekick Laura burns down before every show.
  • Options
    Wow, I just saw that a lot of 129 of the $10 version at FUN last year for $87,400.

Buy 129 at once!

And a lot of 158 of the $5 version went for $83,375.

Buy 159 at once!

I'd say someone out there has quite a vested interest in this issue!

FloridaBill
  • Options
    Florida Bill,

The best place to buy the 1999-w is (RMtrading) Richard Marusak p# 313-584-7211. He has $10 and $5 coins and most of them are very nice. Look up his asking price on the bay and then call and offer him $50-100 less than he wants on ebay. He more than likely will take it because there are no sellers fee or paypal fee. Tell him Eric sent you. Thats where I got most of mine when I had some money.

Richard is as fine and honest a dealer as any I know.

:-)

Eric
  • Options
    BigE2BigE2 Posts: 1,037

<< <i>Oh he's a treat - if you have DirecTV he's on 239. Celebrity Shopping Home.

Coin Vault type overpriced crap, but he's funny in an annoying way. And I think his blonde sidekick Laura burns down before every show. >>

image That makes me laugh
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Oh he's a treat - if you have DirecTV he's on 239. Celebrity Shopping Home.

Coin Vault type overpriced crap, but he's funny in an annoying way. And I think his blonde sidekick Laura burns down before every show. >>

image That makes me laugh >>

Have you seen them? It's true, isn't it? image
  • Options
    I have two available if you are interested.

1999 w MS69 PCGS
    1999 w MS68 PCGS

Both for $1,300.00

If you desire pics I will send by email to you
    Jim Chandler
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>None currently listed on Teletrade.

At Heritage, they have 3 available, but when looking at the pics, the obverse seems to have some weird coloring on both the PCGS MS69 and the NGC MS70.

NGC MS70

PCGS MS69

Is this common for this issue? Or just bad pictures? Thanks.

FloridaBill >>

They look fine to me.
    FWIW, I own one of each.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have these escalated in price so much due the mintage figures? Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is that economic principle about the price of the substitute good affecting classic supply vs. demand curve. If the 2006w gold and platinums are going to escalate to levels that they will, they likely will drag the '99w coins with them. I remember when they - the '99w's - came out a few people (well known dealers) were trying to scalp the heck out of them...
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file