Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

GOTTA LOVE GOLD BULLION...

when it comes in this form. I paid spot price for this. Even though there is slightly less than an ounce AGW, when figured against buying a Gold American Eagle and my coinguy's $25 over spot premium, I still paid $5.00 less for the gold by weight.

imageimage
J.C.

imageimageSee ya on the other side, Dudes. image

Comments

• Options
    nice!
  • Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    Outstanding!
  • Options
    Of course...spot has dropped $20 an ounce since then. I obviously control the precious metals market.

I understand that the "No motto" 1908 is an attractive item as far as it being a type coin goes, but don't understand why the "With motto" isn't on par as far as value goes since there's way fewer of them.
    J.C.
    *******************************************************************************

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    I BIN'd this one for about $30 over melt. It first listed at about $70 over melt but after gold made a nice move this was still available at the original price...

imageimage
  • Options
    An 1908 Saint hardly qualifies as bullion. Although I understand your point.
    Curmudgeon in waiting!
  • Options

<< <i>I BIN'd this one for about $30 over melt. It first listed at about $70 over melt but after gold made a nice move this was still available at the original price... >>

Nice score!!!
    J.C.

• Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    Very nice... Even though I love gold (I mean who doesn't) I still have trouble understanding how it's going to "Save us" when the dollar goes to poop...

image I love the history.

Ray
  • Options
    jpkinlajpkinla Posts: 822 ✭✭✭
    You may also want to look at MS63 certified Saints at roughly $780-$790. The premium you will pay over melt will be preserved and when gold runs higher the premium actually expands as more people scramble to buy them. Remember that quality tends to hold its value.

Good luck and stock up on gold and silver while you can.....
  • Options

<< <i>You may also want to look at MS63 certified Saints at roughly $780-$790. The premium you will pay over melt will be preserved and when gold runs higher the premium actually expands as more people scramble to buy them. Remember that quality tends to hold its value.

Good luck and stock up on gold and silver while you can..... >>

Thanks for the input. I'm silver heavy, and had told myself that I'd stay away from gold since it's risen so much in the past year and a half...but...sometimes a coin just reaches out and grabs me by the wallet.
    J.C.

• Options
    410a410a Posts: 1,325
    That's the way to do it. Get the history and the value all in one.
    Now, if you can score 20 more you might make the "You suck" list.

Which by the way around here is some kind of honor.
  • Options
    jpkinlajpkinla Posts: 822 ✭✭✭
    I just bought my first bag of $1000 silver coins so I obviously like silver too. I understand the bag is going to weigh close to 50 lbs and storage becomes a problem so gold is preferred. Just stay away from stuff that is heavily promoted and gets away from the main objective which is to own as much bullion content as possible!
  • Options
    Buying gold or silver bullion gives the opportunity to make some
    money or to lose some money . Same for precious metals mining
    stocks , or any other form of investment for that matter .
    On this topic I join "mrpaseo" and wonder: the dollar goes down
    a lot . What will a roll of silver quarters , or two 1/10 oz gold bullion
    coins do for me? Is it enough? How much is enough?
    Will I be able to purchase a tank of gas and a twelve pack of beer
    at the corner 7/11 and get change back for my 1/10 th oz eagle?
    Will I get US currency , store credit?, or a 1/20 oz australian kangaroo?
    How about two gold buffalo's to my bank for monthly mortgage!
    If only I knew.....
    Home of quality widgets
  • Options
    <<You may also want to look at MS63 certified Saints at roughly $780-$790. The premium you will pay over melt will be preserved and when gold runs higher the premium actually expands as more people scramble to buy them>>

exactly... some people stay away from premiums at all costs, not realizing that the premium is there when you sell too. I'm talking about fairly small premiums that are consistent. Perfect example is ASE's. If you need some money and someone offers you a roll of American silver eagles to sell, or 20 oz. in 90% silver coins to sell of course you will want the roll of eagles. Also, if the price of silver skyrockets, who knows what will happen - maybe the US Mint will stop producing the ASEs. Imagine the premium they will have then.

In any case the MS63 common date certified Saints are a great buy when the Bullion to Saint spread is at historic lows. The Gold Buffalos might have put a little dent in this equation, at least temporarily.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file