Home U.S. Coin Forum

NJ Residents: Help w/ a Store Name?

Hi, Everyone.

I'm hoping some of the NJ residents here can help me with this. There's a coin shop I pass on the way home from work every day. I take a cabs back and forth to work, so I haven't been able to stop, but I'd like to take a look if I could. It's on Route 22 East in a strip mall area, somewhere between Scotch Plains and Somerville (but probably in the Plainfield/Bound Brook/Green Brook area). Can anyone help me out? I've tried Googling it, but to no avail.
If you haven't noticed, I'm single and miserable and I've got four albums of bitching about it that I would offer as proof.

-- Adam Duritz, of Counting Crows

My Ebay Auctions

Comments

• Is this it?

Stone House Coin Shop 401 Park Ave.
    Scotch Plains, NJ 07076 908-322-2188 908-322-4079 stonehouse401@comcast.net
    Bob

• << <i>Is this it?

Stone House Coin Shop 401 Park Ave.
    Scotch Plains, NJ 07076 908-322-2188 908-322-4079 stonehouse401@comcast.net >>

Hi, Bob.

Actually, the Stone House Coin Shop is right down the street from me. Unfortunately, I can't get in there, because the place has steps. ( image )

The place I'm thinking of is a little strip mall type place on the highway, near where the House of Lights is (I think), if you know where that is.
    If you haven't noticed, I'm single and miserable and I've got four albums of bitching about it that I would offer as proof.

My Ebay Auctions
  • TavernTreasuresTavernTreasures Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    I have also seen that shop, but have not had the chance to stop in. Only noticed it a few months ago, so it must be a new business. It is in either Greenbrook or Middlesex on US22 Eastbound.
    Advanced collector of BREWERIANA. Early beer advertising (beer cans, tap knobs, foam scrapers, trays, tin signs, lithos, paper, etc)....My first love...U.S. COINS!

• << <i>I have also seen that shop, but have not had the chance to stop in. Only noticed it a few months ago, so it must be a new business. It is in either Greenbrook or Middlesex on US22 Eastbound. >>

I'm fairly certain it's in Green Brook. At least I know I'm not hallucinating now. Thanks! image

My Ebay Auctions
  • 410a410a Posts: 1,325
    Central Jersey Rare coins is on Rt 28 in Bound Brook.
  • TavernTreasuresTavernTreasures Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Central Jersey Rare coins is on Rt 28 in Bound Brook. >>

Central Jersey Rare Coins is a different shop. The shop in question is on Rt 22.
    Advanced collector of BREWERIANA. Early beer advertising (beer cans, tap knobs, foam scrapers, trays, tin signs, lithos, paper, etc)....My first love...U.S. COINS!

• << <i>

Central Jersey Rare Coins is a different shop. The shop in question is on Rt 22. >>

Thanks for the info. Knowing that there's a Central Jersey Rare Coins in Bound Brook actually helps. Maybe I can hit there too. image

My Ebay Auctions

• << <i>Actually, the Stone House Coin Shop is right down the street from me. >>

I grew up in Scotch Plains. Graduated SPFHS in '76. I was up there last month for our 30th reunion. Next time in the area I'll drop you a line.image

• << <i>

<< <i>

Central Jersey Rare Coins is a different shop. The shop in question is on Rt 22. >>

Thanks for the info. Knowing that there's a Central Jersey Rare Coins in Bound Brook actually helps. Maybe I can hit there too. image >>

I've been there a few times and have bought a few coins there. The owner, Bob Minichino, is very friendly and knowlegable. Nice shop to spend time and browse.

Central Jersey Rare Coins
    FULL Heads RULE!
  • I checked out Central Jersey Rare Coins on the Web. I don't know if the inventory online is just their most expensive stuff, but it looked way too rich for my blood.

I was able to find the Coin Shop on Google Maps. Here's the info:

357 US Highway 22
    Green Brook, NJ 08812
    (732) 805-9100

(I feel okay posting the phone number since it's listed online.)

The reason I didn't find it initally was because I was (stupidly, it turns out) searching for "Rt. 22" or "Route 22".

Hopefully I can check it out this weekend. image

Google Maps Link

My Ebay Auctions
  • mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    Is the Stone House Coin Shop still owned by Richard Hooker?
    I believe Dick still owns the shop. Stonehouse.
  • mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I believe Dick still owns the shop. Stonehouse. >>

Wow!
    WOW! Are you making sport of me? I will call for you if you like
    and ask if you like. Last time I mentioned to Bob M. approx.
    5 months ago he was still the owner.
  • I'll probably be going to the Coin Shop in Green Brook tomorrow (assuming it's open). The guy seems to have pretty strange hours. He's open 9-5 on Mondays, 9-6 Tues-Fri., and 9-3 on Saturday. That doesn't leave a lot of time to see him on weekdays. Do a lot of coin shops have these kinds of hours? It's been ~ 20 years since I set wheel in a coin shop, but I know I've been to them at night...

FatMan: Definitely let me know when you're in town. image I'm down the street from the Stone House Coin Shop on Park Ave. image

My Ebay Auctions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file