Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What is a fair price for these two Gaudens

My friend has two St. Gaudens that he is lookign to sell, a 1914 and a 1909. Each coin is graded a 61 by NGC.

What is a fair price to pay him for these keeping in mind that I would like to be able to make a small profit of no more than 5% if decide to sell it.
Buyer of all vintage Silver Bars. PM me
Cashback from Mr. Rebates

Comments

• Options

(sarcasm)

$50 bucks

oh yeah

each

(/sarcasm)
    Ding! There's your Post of the Week, folks.

• Options
    jpkinlajpkinla Posts: 822 ✭✭✭
    I would suggest you pay $650 each, maybe $700 and no more. In 61 grade, they are not really premium coins but they are clearly worth a couple dollars more than a common date BUT NOT MUCH MORE.

• Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    check APMEX for comparable (comprable?) pricing
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to the Gray Sheet the 1914 double eagle had a bid of $1,150.00 in MS-60. That was BEFORE the latest round of decreases in the gold price. The 1909 has a minor premium over the most common dates, but not enough to get anyone excited. The numbers were $680 vs. $635 for the most common dates.

Another factor is, are these ugly MS-61 graded coins, or do they have some eye appeal. If they are ugly, you need to think in terms of selling them at a discount, at least for the better date. The more common coins do have a bullion "floor."
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    hiijackerhiijacker Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭
    Thanks I will offer 1,100.
    Buyer of all vintage Silver Bars. PM me
    Cashback from Mr. Rebates
  • Options
    The best advice I can give you is take them to a coin dealer and see what the dealer is offering you should be able to pay the same or slightly more and still make a profit....Unless the dealer has no knowldege wo what they are looking at.....
  • Options

<< <i>My friend has two St. Gaudens that he is lookign to sell, a 1914 and a 1909. Each coin is graded a 61 by NGC.

What is a fair price to pay him for these keeping in mind that I would like to be able to make a small profit of no more than 5% if decide to sell it. >>

If all else fails look em up on the bay (ebay)....
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell him to get an offer from Derek2100 and that you will pay him 50% more. You'll still be getting it for less than melt.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file