Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

So, did anyone see JT STanton at the ANA show?

goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
Besides Chuck...??

If so, did you ask him for my refund?

He's got the money to travel out there but has yet to make good on anything.

I wish I had seen him.

Sorry but I think it takes a lot of balls to show your face after this (NOW OVER 3 YEAR) fiasco when there are still people that have yet to receive their book or refund.

Comments

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was kind of hoping that by now I would see the CPG I bought from JT in 2004.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    don't feel bad...I paid in June or July of 2003.
  • Options
    I'm still waiting.
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    What's the cliff notes version of this?
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    imageimage
    steve

myCCset
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What's the cliff notes version of this? >>

Prepay, no receive.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    You got hosed™
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    What was he selling?
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What was he selling? >>

CPG vol 4, part 2.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am glad I did not pre order. Last week me Dad went to the Denver ANA show, bought a copy of Cherrypickers, Vol. 2 and Fed Exed it to me on Friday. I received it this morning.

Going to be spending some time with it and some coins tonight to see if I can find me some rare varieties.

I will post tommrow my thoughts about the book after I have a chence to look through it.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    It would take some brass ones to show up selling this when you still haven't delivered to people who preordered 2-3 years ago...
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has a notice at least been sent out to those pre-paid customers as to when they will get their copy?
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭

<< <i>don't feel bad...I paid in June or July of 2003. >>

my money was instantly transferrd in august 03.

I saw chucks post, and I edited my reply only out of respect for chuck. I have not one good thing to say about mr. stanton, but I will add my disgust to the whole deal, and seriously john, if he was there and you missed him, your slacking/getting old image

*in your defence, the wife did look tired/bored in rubber's picture/show reportimage

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    Bill

exactly why I started this thread.

didn't want to pollute Chuck's.
  • Options

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options

<< <i>Has a notice at least been sent out to those pre-paid customers as to when they will get their copy? >>

NOPEimage

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    email dated 07/31/2006

Greetings,

The Cherrypickers' Guide 4-2 will be ready for mailing within the next 10-14 days, possibly sooner. In order to facilitate the mailing of your copy (or copies), please send me a current mailing address, and the book number for your Volume One, if it is numbered.

I sincerely apologize for the delays. Thanks in part to a publishing agreement with Whitman, the book is far better than we would have imagined.

Again, please send me your current mailing address and book number (if available) as soon as possible, preferably by Tuesday, August 1st. Don't worry, if I receive the information after August 1 your book will be mailed promptly.

Sincerely,

JT

Stillllllll waiting.

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I saw him, he and Bill were doing book signings at the Whitman booth directly across from my table.
  • Options

<< <i>email dated 07/31/2006

Greetings,

The Cherrypickers' Guide 4-2 will be ready for mailing within the next 10-14 days, possibly sooner. In order to facilitate the mailing of your copy (or copies), please send me a current mailing address, and the book number for your Volume One, if it is numbered.

I sincerely apologize for the delays. Thanks in part to a publishing agreement with Whitman, the book is far better than we would have imagined.

Again, please send me your current mailing address and book number (if available) as soon as possible, preferably by Tuesday, August 1st. Don't worry, if I receive the information after August 1 your book will be mailed promptly.

Sincerely,

JT

Stillllllll waiting.

Herb >>

when you originally posted this herb, I wanted to say "don't hold your breath" but again I was trying to be nice.

time for mr stanton to as mr T says on his new commercial "quit your jibber jabber, quit you flibber flabber" and step up to the plate.

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options

<< <i>I saw him, he and Bill were doing book signings at the Whitman booth directly across from my table. >>

how many people walked up and smacked him?

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options

<< <i>how many people walked up and smacked him? >>

No smacks were seen. They seemed to be getting an enthusiastic response, I got my signed copy. image
  • Options
    <<when you originally posted this herb, I wanted to say "don't hold your breath" but again I was trying to be nice.>>

I can read between the lines.image..image

Herb

Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Options

I never got that email. I've had the same email for several years.
  • Options

<< <i>I never got that email. I've had the same email for several years. >>

so have I john

im getting aggrevated here, so Im off...have fun

oh wait, this isnt the OF Carry on image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    VamGuyVamGuy Posts: 1,624
    I paid in full for volumes 1 & 2 together on 2/19/05.

This is the last e-mail I've received...

Dear Laurence Galbraith,

We have concluded our investigation of your Buyer Complaint. The details of
    this claim are listed below.

We have decided in your favor, and as a result, have attempted to recover
    funds from the seller.
    The maximum amount we were able to recover was $7.07 USD. This amount has
    been credited to your PayPal account. Please allow up to five business days
    for this adjustment to be reflected in your PayPal account.

If you are due any additional amount from the seller, we will make our best
    effort to recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
    to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
    seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
    privileges.

-------------------------------
    Details of Disputed Transaction
    -------------------------------
    Transaction Date: Feb 19, 2005
    Transaction Amount: -$56.00 USD
    Transaction ID: 2WL42087F07563229
    Case Number: PP-074-618-668
    Seller's Name: Stanton Books & Supplies, Inc.
    Seller's Email: jtstanton@aol.com

---------------
    What to Do Next
    ---------------
    No further action is required by you at this time.

-------------------------
    Other Details
    -------------------------
    To make sure future transactions proceed smoothly, we suggest you visit the
    PayPal site and click the Security Center link located at the bottom of any
    page. There you will find tips on how to avoid fraudulent sellers in the
    "Fraud Prevention Tips for Buyers" section.

To learn more about PayPal's Buyer Protection Program, go to the PayPal
    website and click the Security Center link located at the bottom of any
    page.

Sincerely,

PayPal Protection Services Department

The pathetic little bitc* still owes me $48.93.

• Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I never got that email. I've had the same email for several years. >>

so have I john
    >>

Same here. Same email address since 1996, no email from JT. Now I did confirm my info with Whitman so I expect I will be getting a book, but the chances of it being signed and numbered to match my Volume 1 (as I originally ordered it) must be nil.

I've read several accounts from people who saw him there, and he sounds like he has his life back together. I commend him for that, but I do wish he'd been a little more proactive about cleaning up the mess he left behind.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You received only $7.07 back from a $56 transaction?!?!?! Is it possible to file some sort of class action lawsuit against this behavior?
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forum member "Dentuck", who I believe works for Whitman, posted that everyone who pre-ordered from JT will have a copy mailed to them by Whitman.
  • Options

<< <i>Sorry but I think it takes a lot of balls to show your face after this (NOW OVER 3 YEAR) fiasco when there are still people that have yet to receive their book or refund. >>

Maybe he is just waiting to give you a refund until the claim is finalized with the post office image

• Options
    a039a039 Posts: 1,546

<< <i>

<< <i>Sorry but I think it takes a lot of balls to show your face after this (NOW OVER 3 YEAR) fiasco when there are still people that have yet to receive their book or refund. >>

Maybe he is just waiting to give you a refund until the claim is finalized with the post office image >>

Member Profile: jonracross (132)

Feedback Score: 132
    Positive Feedback: 95.8%

Members who left a positive: 138
    Members who left a negative: 6

All positive feedback received: 162

Yup we believe everything you say felcher.....
  • Options
    FletcherFletcher Posts: 3,294

<< <i>Yup we believe everything you say felcher..... >>

• Options
    Q: you a and jonracross are trying to rip people off , beware iam going to report this to ebay. trust department
  • Options
    FletcherFletcher Posts: 3,294

<< <i>Q: you a and jonracross are trying to rip people off , beware iam going to report this to ebay. trust department >>

Step away from the meth ... Cucamonga. We can't understand you image

• Options
    Alameda is better than Cucamonga?
  • Options

<< <i>Forum member "Dentuck", who I believe works for Whitman, posted that everyone who pre-ordered from JT will have a copy mailed to them by Whitman. >>

another grims fairy tale written by the powers that be.

<<You received only $7.07 back from a $56 transaction?!?!?! Is it possible to file some sort of class action lawsuit against this behavior? >>

hey TomB, always good to see you around image

7 bucks back on a 56.00 order is wack, but it seems paypal doesnt have to play by the rules when they do not want to. I do not think I will be using them anymore

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    I filed a complaint with the AG's office in Georgia and in my complaint made it very clear that there were potentially hundreds of people and Thousands of dollars involved.

They did nothing.

rec·tum (rĕk'təm)n., pl. -tums or -ta .

The terminal portion of the large intestine, extending from the sigmoid colon to the anal canal.

[Middle English, from Latin (intestīnum) rēctum, straight (intestine), neuter of rēctus.] See also, FLETCHER.
  • Options
    yep, he scammed me as well.
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    I bought Vol. 1 a few years back and have enjoyed it. That being said, after reading all about this mess I'm sure glad I didn't pre-order Vol. 2!! image That's a real joke they didn't send off the pre-orders first and foremost, before taking a bunch to Denver to sell in person. Sorry to hear about what so many other forum members are going through. Whitman ought to throw a freebie of some sort to the people who pre-paid up to 3 years ago.
  • Options

<< <i>rec·tum (rĕk'təm)n., pl. -tums or -ta .

The terminal portion of the large intestine, extending from the sigmoid colon to the anal canal.

[Middle English, from Latin (intestînum) rçctum, straight (intestine), neuter of rçctus.] See also, FLETCHER. >>

thats being nice john, you mustve slept well image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    Rectum? Heck, if I had gone to the ANA I probably would have done more than rectum, I woulda killedum!
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To answer the original question, yes, I saw him there at the SSDC meeting. He was in good spirits and happy to be physically able to attend the show. He knew everyone knew that a lot of people were pissed about the CPG. He also said that he has started working on the 5th edition. Having Whitman involved should prevent the disaster that was the release of Ed. 4, Vol. 2.
  • Options
    bigtonydallasbigtonydallas Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭
    Like I said before. I think Whitman wanted to sell a few to oay for the ones they are going to have to donate to us preorder customers. I am sure they sold a lot to dealers as well.
    Big Tony from Texas! Cherrypicking fool!!!!!!
  • Options
    bigtonydallasbigtonydallas Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭
    5th edition. I say 2015 is when it will come out!!! lol
    Big Tony from Texas! Cherrypicking fool!!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>5th edition. I say 2015 is when it will come out!!! lol >>

can I please put in my pre-order now?? image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>. >>

oh no you didnt

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    fletch what happened, that was kinda funny, I wouldve liked to see johns reaction

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options

<< <i>fletch what happened, that was kinda funny, I wouldve liked to see johns reaction >>

I prefer to talk about collecting coins and coin-related business ... the Circle-Jerk of Trust likes to make personal attacks on people they know nothing about. I am making a conscious decision to TRY to not go down that road image

• Options

<< <i>rec·tum (r?k't?m)n., pl. -tums or -ta .

[Middle English, from Latin (intest?num) r?ctum, straight (intestine), neuter of r?ctus.] See also, FLETCHER. >>

That is nice goose ... 3rd grade dictionary? Now you be a good boy and search through every post I have made to this date and find something questionable to bring back up ... hmmm ... how about the time when I didn't pay for that "unsearched" $15k pile of crap that I won at auction on my first day as a coin collector. I am sure that we haven't heard about that one enough times. I can point you to a few other mistakes that I have made if you would like. Or remember when I lived in the Channel Islands and was using that as my screen name??? Look there!

Try spelling my name felcher as well ... that always gets a laugh!

• Options
    well at least i got to see it image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file