Home Stamps Forum
Options

ebay sales of mint sheets

ad4400ad4400 Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
In the course of my research, at least for the sheets of 10 and 13 cent stamps, multiple BIN Ebay sellers have listing for each issue, ranging from more or less face to two to three times face, say from $6 to $15.

So I guess the most important question is does the inventory move?

The second question is more Ebay general, but of a hypothetical $10 sale, how much is eaten up by Ebay listing fees and PayPal fees. If an item is sold on Ebay I also assume the tax man wants his cut.

Comments

• Options
    dougwtxdougwtx Posts: 566 ✭✭
    It would be better to look at closed auctions instead of open ones. Also, its hard to gauge on eBay as some buyers will overpay for an item and other times, there are very knowledgeable buyers. Also, you have to take in account for possible shillers. Best way is just to put a couple out there and start them for 1/2 of face and see what happens. I've also noticed in some of my recent auctions, that European collectors pay more than US collectors. Of course you take the risk of international buyers if you open your auctions to worldwide; so nothing is ever just cut and dry.

You will not be responsible for taxes on eBay; unless you have a tax cert and sell within your home state.