Home PSA Set Registry Forum

PSA vs. GAI - 1950 Bowman Jackie Robinson

Now looking for a 1950 Bowman Baseball Box as pictured below.

Comments

• Total reasoning behind the phrase, "buy the card, not the holder". Take the GAI (probably going to be cheaper) & hope it crosses over. The Gai card is gorgeous. The PSA is 7++ at best. Just one man's opinion.

Whatever you decide, that is all that matters.
    Orioles cards from 1960 to today.

Be good my brothers.
  • i've got the images blown up side by side on my other screen.. the borders look a little whiter on the psa card in my opinion, but that could just be the quality of the scan.. the gai appears to be ever so slightly better centered and the top right corner on the psa card looks a bit soft and the top edge of the psa card also looks a bit fuzzy.. both cards are gorgeous but i do agree with the splendid splinter that the gai card looks slightly better aesthetically, apart from the psa card appearing brighter..... the problem is that the scans/photos can vary greatly depending on the quality of the scanner or camera, the lighting, etc.. if i get a vote, i cast it for the GAI.
  • sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    Here are the cards.

• kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    The GAI card is better than the PSA card. Still it would not surprise me to see someone buy the holder rather than the card.
  • The Gai card appears to be a bit narrower than the PSA copy.
    I love candy cards
  • aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    Apparently the holder won out. The PSA 8 sold for $800 more. Legacysportsrarities always does extremely well on their auctions.
  • aconteaconte Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭
    Both cards are horrible 8's to me. That Psa copy is terrible. Just goes to prove a lot of blind buyers of
    Psa cards or certs I guess....heehee...

aconte
  • packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    the psa card looks like it was dropped on the upper corner. ugly 8 for sure , the gai looks the corners are the only thing it has going for it and it is pretty skinny. both cards are ugly and a complete waste of 2k imo
  • 1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Both overgraded and both should be a 7 with the PSA possiby being a 6. The GAI card presents poorly, as the color seems out of whack.

collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • 19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    The one on the left has been trimmed. The right side has a wave to it and probably was rejected by PSA or SGC at some point. Anyone can clearly see that the borders are different than the PSA card. Neither one of these look that nice to me.

Shane
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • gmoneystylesgmoneystyles Posts: 349 ✭✭
    edited March 21, 2019 2:32PM

Bought this one 12 years later. Better late than never right.

Now looking for a 1950 Bowman Baseball Box as pictured below.
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

great card! I love to see the conclusion to these old threads. glad you got your card

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gmoneystyles said:
    Bought this one 12 years later. Better late than never right.

PayPal takes forever to clear, huh?

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest