Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Warning to Ebayers: Bad Buyer (Update)

2»

Comments

• Options
    numonebuyernumonebuyer Posts: 2,136
    I have followed this thread closely...

Allow me to add that I do offer returns on all of my eBay auctions, however the buyer must pay return shipping (in the same manner that I shipped which always includes insurance) and I must receive the coin prior to reimbursement of the money.

Good luck to you.
  • Options
    TrinkettsTrinketts Posts: 1,699

<< <i>Ebay Customer Service: 800-343-0405

May The Force be with you! >>

Hmmm that's a number for Satellite TV image
    Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about. -Benjamin Franklin-
  • Options
    EvilMCTEvilMCT Posts: 799 ✭✭✭
    Could it be for a deceptive description?

<< <i>This coin was hand picked because of it's beauty >>

There's no way you can call a franky a beauty; it'll never hold up. image

<< <i>I just wanted to say to everyone for the support here.... I was talking to my wife about this today... Are there people out in this world that bitter and hateful? >>

You never did take me up on that music offer. I can show you plenty. . .

my knuckles, they bleed, on your front door
  • Options

<< <i>Could it be for a deceptive description?

<< <i>This coin was hand picked because of it's beauty >>

There's no way you can call a franky a beauty; it'll never hold up. image

<< <i>I just wanted to say to everyone for the support here.... I was talking to my wife about this today... Are there people out in this world that bitter and hateful? >>

You never did take me up on that music offer. I can show you plenty. . . >>

I think I sold their leader a coin image
    Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about. -Benjamin Franklin-
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Main eBay number:

1-800-322-9266

Power Screwer number:

1-866-515-3229

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    joefrojoefro Posts: 1,872 ✭✭
    Trinketts: Did you inform the buyer that it is common practice for the buyer to return the coin BEFORE any kind of refund is given? This seems like common sense, it would be funny to hear the buyer's excuse for why he want's to keep the coin too for now. Definitely seems like a scammer. *Blocked* Thanks.
    Lincoln Cent & Libertad Collector
  • Options
    If he doesn't like it, give him a refund.
  • Options
    The only thing that will prevent people from trying to return a coin is the fact that they will have to pay shipping and insurance both ways. What poe58 NEVER figured out was:

Don't try to stick smoeone with smoething they don't want. Smoe one wants it if he doesn't. Tis better that the person who will cherish it have it, no?

I have a feeling that in this case, the buyer's remorse was exacerbated by the fact that there was a no return policy.
    If you had a three or five day return policy, he might not be thinking he was "had"... But I could be wayyyyy off.

FWIW, the few relists I had to do netted me more than the original auction.

Also FWIW, the bidder is quite rectally insane.

Anyway, if you offer a return of 3 days, you *might* have to take the occaisional return... Which would arguably be an improvement over the present situation, IMHO...

It is none of my biz, tho. image

G/L
  • Options

In this case, I think the bidder is running a scam. He wants his refund before he returns the coin. And look at his feedback and bidding history. He has no feedback but is bidding on lots of items. Sounds fishy.
    www.jaderarecoin.com - Updated 6/8/06. Many new coins added!

Our eBay auctions - TRUE auctions: start at $0.01, no reserve, 30 day unconditional return privilege & free shipping!
  • Options

<< <i>The only thing that will prevent people from trying to return a coin is the fact that they will have to pay shipping and insurance both ways. What poe58 NEVER figured out was:

Don't try to stick smoeone with smoething they don't want. Smoe one wants it if he doesn't. Tis better that the person who will cherish it have it, no?

I have a feeling that in this case, the buyer's remorse was exacerbated by the fact that there was a no return policy.
    If you had a three or five day return policy, he might not be thinking he was "had"... But I could be wayyyyy off.

Anyway, if you offer a return of 3 days, you *might* have to take the occaisional return... Which would arguably be an improvement over the present situation, IMHO...

G/L >>

You must not have read his msgs to me... Respectable people don't open a letter accusing you of photo manipulation.
  • Options

<< <i>The only thing that will prevent people from trying to return a coin is the fact that they will have to pay shipping and insurance both ways. What poe58 NEVER figured out was:

G/L >>

I don't have any problem with offering a generous return policy. (I offer a 7 day return policy on mine, when I sell.) But I would require the coin be returned before a refund was issued. Refunding money before getting the coin back is just a recipe for disaster.
    If you haven't noticed, I'm single and miserable and I've got four albums of bitching about it that I would offer as proof.

-- Adam Duritz, of Counting Crows

My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You must not have read his msgs to me... Respectable people don't open a letter accusing you of photo manipulation.

Nunzio,

The bidder is anything but respectable. That said, I agree with MBT and Stiffy. Offer a full refund, except postage upon return of the coin. No need to have the hassle and threats going forward. Consider balancing the potential for higher bids with a stated return policy vs. the lack of return policy for certified coins going forward. It might be win-win.

Robert
  • Options
    I use 7 day no questions return less shipping. With the couple of returns I have had I receive goods back before issuing refund. This person is just being an azz from the start so to give him a refund now would be like admitting you did something wrong.
    I've never been scamed but chargebacks scare me. I may have to rethink using PayPal.

He's blocked here as well
  • Options
    pharmerpharmer Posts: 8,355

G/L >>

Hey, poe58 was long gone by the time you showed up. How do you know about he/she/it?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Options
    morgannut2morgannut2 Posts: 4,293
    You said no returns for certified coins--that settles it--Just neg him and move on. His dispute is with the PCGS opinion, not you. You took poor photos???--so what!!image
    morgannut2

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file