Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What would you do with a case of, TRIPLE THREADS BASEBALL

Question of the week

What would you do?
NEW! TRIPLE THREADS BASEBALL CARDS! Every Relic Card is a Triple Relic Featuring Low Sequential Numbering*!

http://www.topps.com/Sellsheet/ProductSellSheet.aspx?sportsid=1&Product_Id=1144&ReleaseNo=81

If you happened to purchase a case of the hottest thing going early on before it got hot. What would you do, now?

Say you bought a case of Topps TRIPLE THREADS BASEBALL at $2,250 ($125 a box) and now it's selling for close to $200 a box.

Would you:

Sell the boxes, now?
Hold the boxes and see if they get hotter as they dry up?
Have fun and open them up? (That was the plan)
Or something else?

Another question:

Sould you buy a case or 2 of Topps next Baseball product which appears to be on the rise just like TRIPLE THREADS BASEBALL, before it gets real hot too?

2006 TOPPS CO-SIGNERS BASEBALL HOBBY

12 PACKS PER BOX AND 6 CARDS PER PACK!

Topps is proud to introduce the ultimate Autograph collector's set-2006 Topps Co-Signers Baseball. Every boxis guaranteed 1 Co-Signers Dual Autographed Cardand 2 Single Autographed Cards-that's 4 Signaturesper box! AND every 24-box case is guaranteed 1 Co-Signers Dual Cut-Signature Card, featuring pairings of huge names from on and off the field, many of which are 1 of 1! Co-Signers also features Changing Faces Parallel Cards, the perfect Parallel setfor team collectors. Every base card is paralleled nine different ways - all sequentially numberedto 150 or less - and each of the nine parallels appears in three different versions, each featuringa different teammate of the player on the card!

ADDITIONAL 2006 TOPPS CO-SIGNERS BASEBALLFEATURES:

1 CO-SIGNERS DUAL CUT SIGNATURE CARD PER 24 BX CASE!
1 CO-SIGNERS DUAL AUTOGRAPHED CARD PER 12-PACK BOX!
2 SINGLE AUTOGRAPHED CARDS PER BOX!
AN AUTOGRAPHED CARDOR NUMBERED* PARALLEL CARD IN EVERY PACK!
EVERY ROOKIE BASE CARD IS AUTOGRAPHED!
ALL CHANGING FORCES PARALLEL CARDS ARE #'D TO 150 OR LESS - 9 PER BOX!
TOPPS EXCLUSIVE MICKEY MANTLE, BARRY BONDS AND ALEX RODRIGUEZ CARDS!
ANDIT'S ALL HOBBY EXCLUSIVE!

BASE CARDS (115 subjects) - EVERY ROOKIE CARD IS AUTOGRAPHED!
Veterans (100)
Autographed Rookie Base Cards (15) - 15 Rookies sign their base cards!

DUAL CUT SIGNATURE CARDS (55 cards/47subjects) - ONE PER 24 BOX CASE!
Co-Signers Dual Cuts (55 cards/47 subjects) -Many are 1 of 1! Two authentic cut signatures of 47 of the biggest names in baseball and elsewhere are featuredon 55 dual cut signature cards. Includes unbelievable Mickey Mantle/Ted Williams and JFK/RFK cards!

AUTOGRAPHED CARDS (130 cards) - 3 PER BOX!
Co-Signers Dual Autographs (80 cards/88 players) - ONE PER BOX!
Single Sig Autographs (50) - TWO PER BOX!

PARALLEL CARDS (2700 variations) - 9 PER BOX!
Changing Faces Red (100 subs/300 versions) - seq #'d to 150
Changing Faces Blue (100 subs/300 versions) - seq #'d to 125
Changing Faces Gold (100subs/300 versions) - seq #'d to 115
Changing Faces Silver - Red (100 subs/300 versions) - seq#'d to 100
Changing Faces Silver - Blue (100 subs/300 versions) - seq #'d to 75
Changing Faces Silver - Gold (100 subs/300 versions) - seq #'d to 50
Changing Faces Hyper Silver - Red (100 subs/300 versions) - seq #'d to 25
Changing Faces Hyper Silver - Blue (100 subs/300 versions) - seq #'d to 10
Changing Faces HyperSilver - Gold (100 subs/300 versions) - seq #'d to 5
The Proud Owner of THE CARDBOARD VILLAGE

Comments

• Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    I would probably sell the boxes now and buy some nice older stuff, like a 53 Topps mantle or a vg t206 ty Cobb. Or maybe even upgrade my reg sets.

• Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    In the first scenario, my vote would be "something else"

If you paid $2250 for a case and that's $125 a box, then by my math you have 18 boxes.

If they are selling for $200 a box now, I would sell 12 boxes for $2400.

I could then tell myself I made a $150 profit and have 6 boxes of a hot product to open for "free".

shawn
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    Shawn's idea is the way to go. Some cash in the pocket and free cards!
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭

<< <i>I could then tell myself I made a $150 profit and have 6 boxes of a hot product to open for "free". >>

What he said!

Except I would only keep a box or two for myself, and put the rest twords a killer older card. image
    Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    Or you could sell all the boxes and buy something nice for a loved one for Easter. Failing that you get yourself a very classy hooker.....

Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    Cases of Triple Threads were pre-selling at $2,000 and now they are in the $3,500 range. As much fun as I had with my five packs I would sell at today's prices. I think it will still climb as Topps did not make much of it.
    The Co-Signers looks like a cool one as well but cases are at $3,000 already so I would probably pass on a case. A lot of it depends on who's in there. You get the one big case hit with would help make some of your money back but if the rest of it is filled with Mike Schmidt and Brooks Robinson auto's you can forget it. I wasn't watching that one so I'm not sure how much the price has gone up. Might be a good one to buy a box or two and see how you do.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    I agree, triple threads is benifiting from the release date. There isn't another high end product out right now. If DLP was in the mix, triple
    threads would be dead. The design is ugly, sticker autos are ugly, and the price is way to high to actually get your money back. I
    can guarentee you that once there is another great product out, TT will be going down......of course when that is I don't know. UD
    is really gun shy now, it seems like they are trying to put all their efforts into fleer's name, and is forgetting about high end UD.

If Triple Threads was a good product I would say keep it longer, but it isn't. I would sell now, reap the profit.

As far as co-signers.....is this a sticker product? If so, no thanks.....remember for every Triple Threads, there are 5 Topps Originals!

Kevin

• Options
    The hype has got the best of me, I'll be opening atleast a pack a day till they all are opened or till all the the 3 main cards are pulled the 1/1 auto, 1/1 game used and triple autos. No biggie was in the first box, maybe Friday.

Thanks, Mike

Box one:
    Base:
    Veterans & Retired Players
    3 Roger Clemens Houston Astros
    29 Scott Rolen St. Louis Cardinals
    2x 51 Chipper Jones Atlanta Braves
    2x 80 Gary Carter Montreal Expos

Parallel Versions
    Sepia Tone 96 Jose Contreras Chicago White Sox 119/150
    Emerald 51 Chipper Jones Atlanta Braves 53/99

Parallel Versions Rookies/Rising Stars Autographed Triple Relics
    Emerald 105 Huston Street Oakland Athletics 54/75

Triple Threads Heroes
    TTH67-CY8 Carl Yastrzemski Boston Red Sox
    TTH56-MM6 Mickey Mantle New York Yankees

TRIPLE RELIC CARD
    TTR-53 Carl Yastrzemski Boston Red Sox 04/18

• Options
    Box 2 I'm very pleased with. Can't wait to see what Saturday brings.

Thanks, Mike

Box two:
    Base:
    23 Don Mattingly New York Yankees
    43 Alfonso Soriano Washington Nationals
    58 Aramis Ramirez Chicago Cubs
    75 Barry Zito Oakland Athletics
    79 Jeff Kent Los Angeles Dodgers
    82 Johan Santana Minnesota Twins

Parallel Versions
    Sepia 51 Chipper Jones Atlanta Braves 077/150
    Emerald 82 Johan Santana Minnesota Twins 94/99

Autographed Triple Threads Relics Gold Parallel
    Gold TTRA-96 Pedro Martinez New York Mets 3/9

Triple Threads Heroes
    TTH56-MM5 Mickey Mantle New York Yankees
    TTH66-FR5 Frank Robinson Baltimore Orioles

?White Whale? Relics TRIPLE RELIC CARD
    WW-570 Felix Hernandez/ Ale Rodriguez/ Sin-So Choo Seattle Mariners 1/1

• Options
    Box 3 I'm very pleased with. I could not wait for Saturday to open another pack. Still planning to break another one in the morning.

Thanks, Mike

Box three:
    Base:
    Veterans &Retired Players
    8 Yogi Berra New York Yankees
    27 Chris Carpenter St. Louis Cardinals
    42 Ted Williams Boston Red Sox
    52 Nomar Garciaparra Los Angeles Dodgers
    61 Carlos Delgado New York Mets
    83 Magglio Ordonez Detroit Tigers

Parallel Versions
    Sepia 75 Barry Zito Oakland Athletics 126/150
    Emerald 57 Michael Young Texas Rangers 73/99

Triple Threads Heroes
    TTH47-TW3 Ted Williams Boston Red Sox
    TTH66-FR1 Frank Robinson Baltimore Orioles
    Rising Stars Autographed Triple Threads Relics
    107 Jason Bay Pittsburgh Pirates 013/225

Triple Threads Relic Combos
    TTRC-172 Albert Pujols/ Barry Bonds/ Alex Rodriguez Cardinals/ Giants/ Yankees

• Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Go throw it in the local river as years from now it will all be worthless.
  • Options

<< <i>Go throw it in the local river as years from now it will all be worthless. >>

Thanks for p*ssing down the guy's back and telling him it's raining!
  • Options
    Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    Nice breaks! That Yaz rocks! image

The Bonds, ARod and Pujols isn't too shabby either! image

Enjoy the thrill! Good luck with the rest. image
    Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    I don't collect modern anthing, so fun to see what you're busting.

Some people pay for golden showers, but I suppose our fellow board members provide complimentary services around here huh?

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    Carew29, You may be right, I don't have a crystal ball. Time will tell.

brianwintersfan, I have survived many rain storms, but the sun has always come back, for a beautiful day.

Tedw9, Thanks I'm very pleased on the pulls. and my favorite is the Bonds, ARod and Pujols. close second is pedro. Also very excited about the upcoming packs and will use your good luck, I sure do appreciate it.

julen23, Thanks I'm enjoying sharing my break with other. I remember when I was not able to buy a pack much less a box or case. And I enjoyed seeing others breaks, could feel the pain when the got a pile of junk and feel the thrill when they hit the jackpot.

Box 4 , I guess this is one of the so called dead boxes, but I know a few White Sox fan. Planning to break another one in the morning. Happy Easter!!!

Thanks, Mike

Box four:
    Base:
    3 Roger Clemens Houston Astros
    5 Brooks Robinson Baltimore Orioles
    14 Ernie Banks Chicago Cubs
    34 Nolan Ryan Texas Rangers
    54 David Ortiz Boston Red Sox
    88 Cal Ripken, Jr. Baltimore Orioles

Parallel Versions
    Sepia 82 Johan Santana Minnesota Twins 035/150
    Gold 78 Ivan Rodriguez Detroit Tigers 27/50

Triple Threads Heroes
    TTH56-MM2 Mickey Mantle New York Yankees
    TTH67-CY6 Carl Yastrzemski Boston Red Sox

Rookie Autographed Triple Threads Relics
    115 Francisco Liriano Minnesota Twins 023/225

TTRC-119 Tadahito Iguchi/ Paul Konerko/ Jermaine Dye Chicago White Sox

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Hey Mike, thanks for sharing the breaks of this product. Good luck with the rest, and keep posting what you pull.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Go throw it in the local river as years from now it will all be worthless. >>

Unlike, of course, all those dime a dozen PSA 10 Carew discs you have, which I'm sure will pay for a new home on a golf course 20 years from now.
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

Good luck with the breaks, but I would have to echo everyone else.

If you wanted, or want to make a profit sell the boxes while they are hot.

Don't go into the light!

At least sell the good cards now. Don't know what they are going for but in my one year leap into case breaks I learned that time is of the essence.

Again, best of luck. It's fun busting the new stuff but the sphincter factor gets a little high at times.

Keith
  • Options
    ctsoxfan, Thanks.

SoFLPhillyFan, Thanks for the luck and advise and after the last 2 boxes I'm debating on opening many more , but what is the sphincter factor?

Box 5 , No biggie today. Opened second pack today. Planning to break another one in the morning. Happy Easter!!!

Thank you Jeff at http://www.shortporch.com/ , My first deal with these fine folks, but I'm sure there will be more.
    Thanks, Mike

Sorry Scanner is not working, but will add scans when I get it working.

Box five:
    Base:
    15 Ichiro Seattle Mariners
    29 Scott Rolen St. Louis Cardinals
    40 Todd Helton Colorado Rockies
    92 Jason Giambi New York Yankees
    97 Victor Martinez Cleveland Indians

Parallel Versions
    Emerald 44 Reggie Jackson Oakland Athletics 47/99
    Gold 97 Victor Martinez Cleveland Indians 42/50

Triple Threads Heroes
    TTH42-TH4Ted Williams Boston Red Sox
    TTH67-CY6 Carl Yastrzemski Boston Red Sox

Rookie Autographed Triple Threads Relics
    Sepia 118 Craig Hansen Boston Red Sox 099/125

TTRC-238 Barry Bonds/ Juan Marichal/ Moises Alou San Francisco Giants 04/18

• Options
    So far you have pulled about 40 dollars in autographs (miuns Pedro). If you had low numbered game used of Pujols, Bonds and Arod seperatly you
    would have another 100 dollars perhaps....that isn't very impressive. That 1/1 has to have the worst selection of players on it..I mean
    what Mariner fan wants Arod on their stuff? Sin Choo....who???

Topps did an excellent job with this product..actually the products sucks, but people are still buying it, even after many many bad
    reviews and rips. Im not sure what people are looking for here...it just isn't here. The starting price for this stuff was way
    more than any of it was worth....I mean I can see what the excitment would be after that Pujols/Bonds/Arod, but its only three
    swatches of jersey..they aren't even patches........if topps can't get you patches in a 150/pack product, when are they going to
    give it to us? Didn't DLP already do the everything is low numbered thing like 3 years ago? At least most of their cards are patches.

Mike, I really appreciate your break here, you take a lot of time on scans and posts, I offer no disrepect, but I don't see anything I would
    be excited about after spending that much money. If this came from an 8 or 10 dollar product, I would say yes very nice, but this
    just isn't worth the money, especially 4/5 of those autos...I mean 225 Jason Bay's...225 Hansen's.....thats just easy money for topps

Kevin
  • Options

<< <i>So far you have pulled about 40 dollars in autographs (miuns Pedro). If you had low numbered game used of Pujols, Bonds and Arod seperatly you
    would have another 100 dollars perhaps....that isn't very impressive. That 1/1 has to have the worst selection of players on it..I mean
    what Mariner fan wants Arod on their stuff? Sin Choo....who???

Topps did an excellent job with this product..actually the products sucks, but people are still buying it, even after many many bad
    reviews and rips. Im not sure what people are looking for here...it just isn't here. The starting price for this stuff was way
    more than any of it was worth....I mean I can see what the excitment would be after that Pujols/Bonds/Arod, but its only three
    swatches of jersey..they aren't even patches........if topps can't get you patches in a 150/pack product, when are they going to
    give it to us? Didn't DLP already do the everything is low numbered thing like 3 years ago? At least most of their cards are patches.

Mike, I really appreciate your break here, you take a lot of time on scans and posts, I offer no disrepect, but I don't see anything I would
    be excited about after spending that much money. If this came from an 8 or 10 dollar product, I would say yes very nice, but this
    just isn't worth the money, especially 4/5 of those autos...I mean 225 Jason Bay's...225 Hansen's.....thats just easy money for topps

Kevin >>

One thing I'll say is that I think it's absolutely criminal to put sticker auto's in a 150$ a pack product. There's just no excuse for that. And I'm sick of this BS argument that 'it helps us increase the player selection'. For God's sake, plan ahead a little bit. If the product is coming out in 2008 then start setting up the auto sessions now. If there's some rookie stud you have to add at the last minute then fine-- use the stickers. But Stan Musial? Pedro Martinez? C'mon.
  • Options

<< <i>Unlike, of course, all those dime a dozen PSA 10 Carew discs you have, which I'm sure will pay for a new home on a golf course 20 years from now. >>

Zing!
  • Options
    It looks like both topps and upper deck could care less what we think. We vote with our wallets. If we buy and buy and buy products like
    05 bowman chrome football, and if idiots over at beckett put those cards #1 on the hot list, then why not use stickers? They are way
    cheaper and when was how a card looked ever part of the equation?

If we buy it, they will continue to use stickers.

JS
  • Options

<< <i>It looks like both topps and upper deck could care less what we think. We vote with our wallets. If we buy and buy and buy products like
    05 bowman chrome football, and if idiots over at beckett put those cards #1 on the hot list, then why not use stickers? They are way
    cheaper and when was how a card looked ever part of the equation?

If we buy it, they will continue to use stickers.

JS >>

I've heard this too, but how much cheaper can it really be? I mean, what's really the difference between sending a guy a sheet of stickers or sending him a stack of cards? I've never figured that out.
  • Options
    LWMMLWMM Posts: 471

<< <i>I've heard this too, but how much cheaper can it really be? I mean, what's really the difference between sending a guy a sheet of stickers or sending him a stack of cards? I've never figured that out. >>

Condition, perhaps? For instance, if the signer dropped any card(s), pack fresh cards could have bumped corners, etc....
    Looking for Jonny Gomes cards, especially Triple Threads and printing plates. Will consider all cards, though. Got something? Contact me at c_u_l_1@yahoo.com
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

I agree that in this high priced issue the sticker autos really cheapen the product.

They could at least make it a die cut land put the sticker in the card rather than on the surface.

A simulated cut auto would look much better.
  • Options
    joestalin, You maybe right, but Todays pull, you will have to say is special. Also as a Bonds and yankees collecter this box has produced 3 of each of their hits. I agree it's diassapointing arod's 1/1 is shared with the other 2 and as a Mariner, but that's life and have had a very tempting offer for it.

Boopotts, I agree.

LWMM, True but what Topps and all the other companies makes off them, seem like they could have a person go take care of at least their exclusive stars.

SoFLPhillyFan,
    I agree.

Box 6 I'm very pleased with pulls. First I'd like to wish all the best during this very special time of year Happy Easter, all. Second I want to apologize for not having a working scanner, I'll try to get one of my scanners working or will ask my daughter to take a pitcher of this sweet auto, I can't wait to show it off. With ONLY 1/3 of the case busted, at least for my standards, This case and product has been very rewarding and has surpassed any of my expectations, even if I hit blanks here on out, this stuff is a winner in my book.

Thanks, Mike

Box 6:
    Base:
    24 Joe Mauer Minnesota Twins
    26 Johnny Damon New York Yankees
    38 Sammy Sosa Baltimore Orioles
    62 Mike Sweeney Kansas City Royals
    67 Carl Yastrzemski Boston Red Sox
    98 Jeremy Bonderman Detroit Tigers

Parallel Versions
    Sepia 73 Roy Oswalt Houston Astros 036/150
    Emerald 53 Richie Sexson Seattle Mariners 22/99

Triple Threads Heroes
    TTH47-TW3 Ted Williams Boston Red Sox
    TTH66-FR2 Frank Robinson Baltimore Orioles

Gold TTRC-185 Brett/Bench/Schmidt Kansas City/Cincinnati/Philadelphia all bats 7/9
    Autographed Triple Threads Relic Combos
    TTRCA-1 Pujols/ Bonds/ Alex Rodriguez Cardinals/ Giants/Yankees all jerseys 08/18

Thank you Jeff at http://www.shortporch.com/ , My first deal with these fine folks, but I'm sure there will be more.
    Thanks, Mike

Here's one for sale on Ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8793649344

• Options
    nice pull!
  • Options
    damn nice pull on the Pujols/Bonds/A-Rod triple auto relic. too bad you didn't open just that box and sell the rest.
  • Options
    There ya go Mike, nice pull, actually epic pull. Is that ebay materila or permanant collection material?

Kevin
  • Options
    NBAFanNBAFan Posts: 744
    Well, that looks like it will cover half the cost of the case or more alone. Might as well bust the rest of the case and hope for a good 1/1 or other good stuff.
  • Options
    NBAFanNBAFan Posts: 744
    Or you could sell the rest of the boxes now and get all your money back and keep what you already pulled for free. I'm a gambler and if I ever buy another case, I'd bust it all, because what is the fun of buying a box and not opening it? I did make the mistake of getting rid of some UD Authentics boxes to someone I used to know for cheap, because I had pulled the supposed 2 redemptions per case and I let him know that. He ended up getting 2 more in the 4 boxes I sold him, so who knows what you may end up losing out on if you do pull the big ones and sell.
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    Good going Mike. I don't know much about new cards but occasionally I will buy a box hoping for a big pull, and while I seldom have much luck I am pleased that you have done well. What will a card like that get on ebay anyway?

Dibs on any older Blue Jay memorabilia/auto cards.....

Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Wow - nice job getting that Pujols Bonds A-Rod card! image
  • Options
    bsfastball , Thanks.

oddball , Thanks, But I'd be crying if I had sold a box with that one. I'd be very happy for the buyer.

joestalin, Thanks, That's a keeper not going to Ebay, at least not now, may showcase it on Naxcon, to see if any interested in it more then me.

NBAFan, Thanks, I'm gonna finish off the first 9 box case. Then I may reconsider what to do with the other 9 box case. It's gonna be hard to stop busting for sure.

eyebone, Thanks, Right now the same card is a little over a grand on Ebay.

ctsoxfan, Thanks.

Box 7 No biggie, hard to get excited after yesterday packs, but pleased with another Yankee in Clemens.

Thanks, Mike

Box 7:
    Base:
    30 Tim Hudson Atlanta Braves
    65 Hank Blalock Texas Rangers
    73 Roy Oswalt Houston Astros
    76 Derrek Lee Chicago Cubs
    88 Cal Ripken, Jr. Baltimore Orioles
    92 Jason Giambi New York Yankees

Parallel Versions
    Sepia 98 Jeremy Bonderman Detroit Tigers 118/150
    Emerald 80 Gary Carter Montreal Expos 91/99

Triple Threads Heroes
    TTH47-TW5 Ted Williams Boston Red Sox
    TTH66-FR6 Frank Robinson Baltimore Orioles

TTR-200 Roger Clemens Boston Red Sox/ Houston Astros/ New York Yankees 13/18
    Autographed Triple Threads Relic Combos
    109 Ervin Santana Angels 030/225

• Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    Mike- Thanks for sticking with this entertaining thread. There are always detractors with modern cards (I'm often in that group) but you have kept it fun. Of course most importantly it's your money/hobby and you can do what you want!
  • Options
    I guess maybe I'm in the minority here but I actually like those cards a lot. I think they are one of the nicer Topps high end sets in many years. I opened five packs and had a blast doing it. And I know people hate the stickers for the autos but they are here to stay so get used to it.
  • Options
    LWMMLWMM Posts: 471
    I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I just recieved this (ebay), and it is actually stunning--the sticker actually accents the gold on black (both are reflexive), and is inserted into the card, not just placed on top. The picture is from ebay, and isn't great, as it looks a lot better in person.

Looking for Jonny Gomes cards, especially Triple Threads and printing plates. Will consider all cards, though. Got something? Contact me at c_u_l_1@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Another question of the week.

I will be raffling off a box of this at the site I'm the proud owner of, but what should I do with the others 8 boxes (16 packs)? I have had my thrill from the case and would love to see some other get excited about this awesome product from Topps. Get me some ideas. I'll be selling at my cost $125 PLUS $10 for costs for shipping and fees total will be $135 a box or 68 a pack. Should I have a lottery to find the buyers, should I sale by the packs to get more in on it?

sagard, Thanks, I'm ejoying it.

brianwintersfan, Yes we STUCK with them.

LWMM, Thanks for sharing, very nice.

Box 8 Another Yankee, Ford. This is too much fun this is also a special number card, which I collect, last serial number. I'm sharing this break on 6 different sites and this has been fun only one more box from the first 9 box case. But there is another 9 box unopened case, I know I have pulled the triple auto card and the 1/1 relic card, so should at least be another 1/1 card that is autographed, unless it in the pack I'm opening tonight or Wednesday. I'm planning on raffling off a box at the site I'm the proud owner of, but what should I do with the others 8 boxes? I have had my thrill from the case and would love to see some other get excited about this awesome product from Topps. Get me some ideas.

Thanks, Mike

6 Stan Musial St. Louis Cardinals
    27 Chris Carpenter St. Louis Cardinals
    33 Miguel Tejada Baltimore Orioles
    97 Victor Martinez Cleveland Indians

Numbered Parallel
    Sepia 11 Gary Sheffield New York Yankees 128/150
    Emerald 88 Cal Ripken, Jr. Baltimore Orioles 90/99

Rookies Autographed Triple Relics Numbered Parallel
    Gold 115 Francisco Liriano Minnesota Twins 42/50
    /
    Triple Threads Heroes
    TTH66-FR2 Frank Robinson Baltimore Orioles
    TTH42-TW5 Ted Williams Boston Red Sox

Triple Threads Relics
    Gold TTRC-123 Ryan/ Randy Johnson/ Ford Astros/ Diamondbocks/ Yankees 9/9

• Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    You might want to put the Liriano away for a while. He has an incredible arm and when the Twins finally put him in the rotation he will pitch like Santana. At least that is how I want him to pitch. image
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice Ervin Santana! If you would like to give it a new home ....
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    I'd just bust the rest of the boxes Mike. Just think if you end up selling the big one like the quad cut? That would really hurt.
  • Options
    sagard, Thanks

halosfan, Thanks, I'll have to double check on him.

NBAFan, Thanks you twisted my arm, I'll continue opening, but will put one aside for a raffle.

Box 9, I'm very pleased, very sweet Mantle, but have a problem with the Ripken, I have so many friends that collect him and hope whatever I do with it all will understand. Also my arm has been twisted to not sale at least not at cost, the reasoning. Why let others make at least $50 a box, that really don't bother me they may make that off cards too. Also told if I sold now, since I hit the chase card, I'd be called a Case Searcher seller. That the rest of the boxes are dead and would not be fair to sale any, we will see if they are only dead boxes, now. But the main reason I have decided to open the rest except one that is being raffled off is if some sold them on Ebay/Naxcom we may never know how this case played out. Only down side is you are stuck with me for a few more breaks.

Thanks, Mike

28 Garret Anderson Angels
    35 Mark Buehrle Chicago White Sox
    52 Nomar Garciaparra Los Angeles Dodgers
    86 Vernon Wells Toronto Blue Jays
    94 Carl Crawford Tampa Bay Devil Rays

Numbered Parallel Cards
    - Sepia Tone -56 Mickey Mantle New York Yankees 049/150
    - Gold - 29 Scott Rolen St. Louis Cardinals 15/50

Triple Threads Heroes
    TTH66-FR8 Frank Robinson Baltimore Orioles

Triple Threads Heroes Die-Cut Parallel
    TTH67-CY2 Carl Yastrzemski Boston Red Sox

Rising Stars Autographed Triple Relics
    - Emerald - 107 Jason Bay Pittsburgh Pirates 28/75

Triple Relic Cards
    TTRC-85 Ripken/ Miguel Tejada/ Brian Roberts Baltimore Orioles 16/18

• Options
    Pack 10 nothing big but did get a special serial number for the collection, Nelson Cruz 001/225 auto Rookie Card, I also like the Vladdy. We'll break another one tonite or in the morning.

Pack 10:
    9 John Smoltz Atlanta Braves
    20 Jason Schmidt San Francisco Giants
    23 Don Mattingly New York Yankees
    34 Nolan Ryan Texas Rangers
    64 Mike Mussina New York Yankees
    93 Albert Pujols St. Louis Cardinals

Numbered Parallel
    Sepia Tone - 88 Cal Ripken, Jr. Baltimore Orioles 139/150
    Emerald - 52 Nomar Garciaparra Los Angeles Dodgers 61/99

Triple Threads Heroes
    TTH56-MM4 Mickey Mantle New York Yankees
    TTHA66-FR7 Frank Robinson Baltimore Orioles

Triple Relic Cards
    TTRC-18 Sheffield/ Ivan Rodriguez/ Vladamir Guerrero Milwaukee Brewers/ Rangers/ Expos 05/18

Rookies/Rising Stars Autographed Triple Relics
    114 Nelson Cruz Milwaukee Brewers 001/225

• Options
    Box 11, A Aaron auto and a Yankee triple game used. Not Hank or Micky, but I'm pleased. Maybe in Saturday's box?

24 Joe Mauer Minnesota Twins
    55 Derek Jeter New York Yankees
    56 Mickey Mantle New York Yankees
    84 Mark Prior Chicago Cubs
    99 Lance Berkman Houston Astros

Numbered Parallel Cards
    Sepia Tone 84 Mark Prior Chicago Cubs 120/150
    Sapphire 60 Troy Glaus Toronto Blue Jays 08/25

Rising Stars Autographed Triple Relics
    Emerald 111 Aaron Hill Toronto Blue Jays 69/75

Triple Threads Heroes
    TTHA66-FR4 Frank Robinson Baltimore Orioles
    TTH47-TW4 Ted Williams Boston Red Sox

Triple Relic Cards
    TTR-143 Mariano Rivera New York Yankees 10/18

• Options
    Yeah, hopefully there is something still decent left in the case. Besides the Triple auto, there really wasn't anything that "sticks out" which is a bummer.

The Pedro was nice though.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    What's the market value of that Pujols combo auto?
  • Options
    Very well made thread! Thanks!
  • Options
    You can recap all the scans of this break here:
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v97/mIKEFROMCHESTER/?sc=1&multi=2&addtype=local&media=images

NBAFan, it's gonna be tuff to top or even come close to the triple auto, but I'll keep trying, but for what I was looking for when I purchased this case, it has passed any expectation I had going in.

gosteelers, I'd say around a grand now, but may need to "Go throw it in the local river as years from now it will all be worthless". JUST PLAYING with Carew29.
    From Ebay:
    06 TRIPLE THREADS PUJOLS BONDS &AROD TRIPLE AUTO 17/18 sold for $1,026.

TRIPLE THREAD PUJOLS/BONDS/AROD AUTO JERSEY /18 $1,129. beng offered

PUJOLS BONDS RODRIGUEZ Triple threads Combo Auto # 6/9 $1,234.09 ends Apr-22-06 18:04:28 PDT

FRNAllStar, Thanks, My pleasure.

Box 12, Another nice 01/25 of Mike Sweeney for the special number collection. But also yielded one of my favorite non auto card form the case. Lumber from 3 of the best hitters to swing a bat including the best Ted Williams. Also the Rookie from this box is the one which Topps used to replaced Alex Gordan with, Hong-Chin Kuo on card # 116. What does the next box have in store?

Thanks,
    Mike

14 Ernie Banks Chicago Cubs
    32 Steve Carlton Philadelphia Phillies
    59 Bartolo Colon Angels
    78 Ivan Rodriguez Detroit Tigers

Numbered Parallel Cards
    - Gold 26 Johnny Damon New York Yankees 28/50
    - Sapphire 62 Mike Sweeney Kansas City Royals 01/25

Rookies
    Autograph and 2 Relics per card, plus the new MLB? Rookie logo medallion.
    116 Hong-Chin Kuo Los Angeles Dodgers 209/225

Triple Threads Heroes
    TTH56-MM9 Mickey Mantle New York Yankees
    TTH66-FR3 Frank Robinson Baltimore Orioles

Triple Relic Cards
    THE TRIPLE THREADS RELIC COMBO CARDS FEATURE 3 PLAYERS WITH 3 RELICS.
    TTRC-19 Hank Greenberg/ Musial/ Ted Williams Tigers/ Cardinals/ Red Sox 04/18

• Options
    You may want to sell the Hong Chin auto and offer it up internationally.

I sold a Japanese player auto last year for over $200 to a guy in Japan. For the life of me I can't remember the name. Not Choy or Park. The guy hasn't done much but obviously they love him there.

It wasn't even a card from a really premium series. Fleer National Pastime, 1/10 I think.

Remembered the guy. It was Nomo.

Keith