c) 3 months
d) 6 months
e) one year
f) 3 years
g) other (please specify)

Comments

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way it's going.... $750 by the end of the year.
    ----- kj
  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 8,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2-3 months IMO
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options

<< <i>When will Gold hit $700? >>

Not soon enough. But since there are options... I will say next month at this rate.

Freak
  • Options
    At the rate shorts are currently getting squeezed, I'd say tomorrow at 1:35 PM, EST.
  • Options
    Tommorrow
    Mike Bottos
    coinpage.com
  • Options
    eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    Before Tuesday close of market.
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    Thursday, April 27, 2006.
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

No one knows
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    DeadhorseDeadhorse Posts: 3,720
    High side, $750 by June 10th of this year.

Low side, by end of September. Summer is traditionally a time of little movement. OTOH, tradition may be out the window these days.

$700 could come as early and mid March, so about 3 weeks at the current rate of expansion.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options

<< <i>Tommorrow >>

Well,maybe not tommorrow.
    Mike Bottos
    coinpage.com
  • Options
    One thing is for sure...............It won't be today !!!!

Dan
    Fishing is not a matter of life and death.......It's much more important than that........
  • Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel very good about my call on silver....as I posted many weeks ago on the boards....I advised to sell if silver approached the $15 mark....yesterday it did, and I advised to sell since silver can shoot down very quickly....right now that seems to be the case with silver down almost $2 oz
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I feel very good about my call on silver....as I posted many weeks ago on the boards....I advised to sell if silver approached the $15 mark....yesterday it did, and I advised to sell since silver can shoot down very quickly....right now that seems to be the case with silver down almost $2 oz >>

Good call there. Were you able to sell any yourself at $14.80?
  • Options
    Im glad to see gold and silver down today. I hope it goes down tommorrow.

I want to buy on Sunday. Wonder if the gold and silver will magically disappear from the dealers tables at the show this week end? image

A small correction was due.
    "Marc with a C but call me MAX.
  • Options
    It will not take long, two months and the ride is not over. I look for it topping it's
    previous high in the $800's and an unsteady climb to over $1000 in a year to two years.
    My reasoning is linked primarily to deficits, debt, dollar worries and less linked to oil, the war,etc.

Interest in coin collecting in general should pick up speed as a result.
    "location, location, location...eye appeal, eye appeal, eye appeal"
    My website
  • Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

It definitely tanked, but I don't think the rides over.

Healthy pull back, unless you bought at $640 and $14.75.

• Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭
    Six Months!

TC71

• Options
    500Bay500Bay Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭
    It'll be in the $500's again before $700.
    Finem Respice
  • Options
    TarmacTarmac Posts: 394
    $700 will be nothing but a memory by year end and that's assuming NOTHING 'happens'.

Between now and then we need to dodge Iran's N. Korean impression, Katrina Redux, Iraq melt down, 'other', etc. If any of these happen, gold could spike to $1,000.

Far fetched? So was $70/bbl oil ! Anything's possible.

The real enemy? Stealth inflation, weakening dollar and a lack luster economy people are pretending to be healthy.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could very well be $575 in the next several weeks, but $700 would still be in the cards within 6-12 months. And it will likely come even faster than the move to $640 did.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    Venezuela is threatening to blow their oil wells to spite Bush. Russia is selling anti-aircraft equipment to Iran, so blowing the Nuclear facilities in Iran will be more difficult. Iran blocking the Strait of Hormuz would push oil to double current prices. The current push by the Feds to punish employers of illegals will put the illegals out on the streets of the USA without any means of support---higher crime rates to follow.

I would not be surprised to see $700 gold by the end of 2006, but I am definitely not a current gold buyer.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • Options
    MrKelsoMrKelso Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭
    The 10 Timeless Truths of Gold Investing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Acquire Gold for long-term profits.
    Acquire Gold to diversify your other investments.
    Acquire Gold to protect your constitutional right to personal privacy.
    Acquire Gold as your timeless shield against inflation and deflation.
    Acquire Gold to assure a valuable legacy for your children.

Do Not forget that all major governments own Gold in their reserves because Gold is real money.
    Do Not trust un-backed paper money.
    Do Not forget how inflation silently steals your savings decade after decade.
    Do Not believe those who say “this time it’s different” and you don’t need Gold.
    Do Not acquire Gold assets for short term speculation.
    Gold is mankind’s timeless money. An ounce of gold bought a good man’s suit 100 years ago and will buy a good man’s suit today.
    The United States dollar has lost more than 90% of its value since 1913.

"The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD GOD Almighty."
  • Options
    kalch23kalch23 Posts: 312
    Started this thread two weeks ago half as a joke. Now, I actually think it's going to get there.

This market is crazy. I think it's time to start selling my generic 62-64 stuff.
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,762 ✭✭✭✭
    3 months
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    About May 8th.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The forces driving gold higher are very long term so it should be under pressure for a long time. It stands
    to reason that it can't continue this pace for many years under the current or any foreseeable conditions.
    There are also strong forces (ie central banks) who will want to arrest this move at the first opportunity.
    When it reaches a level that it can be halted, it will be halted. It has already slightly exceeded the point
    that I expected a pullback. It will require time and more inflation to make another run after a drop.

Price movements are reflective of psychology much more than underlying fundamentals. No matter how
    scarce or valuable something is it requires demand to push up the price and demand is the result of many
    individuals reaching a similar conclusion which usually is the result of underlying fundamentals and trends.
    People tend to reach such conclusions in tandem resulting in price swings. The change in the case of gold
    has been much more widespread than I foresaw but at some point the last potential buyer will be aboard.
    Granted that there is sufficient wealth that if every investor got 10% invested in gold then prices would be
    far higher than current levels. This, however, flies in the face of current trends toward financial assets and
    this can only reverse in time.

There is almost certain to be a major pullback in gold in the not distant future.

While the silver price is still explosive, there is still no evidence of the change in sentiment to cause strato-
    spheric price moves. The increases at the current time are the result of more mundane trends.

Enjoy these increases. The long term will remain upward for many years and surprises should be in that
    direction.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    how about choice:
    G. when we invade Iran (oh joy)
  • Options
    CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139
    Not today ..... but soon enough.
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While you assume that it will hit $700 again, I don't have a clue if your assumption is true, and if so, when it will be. Cladking did a a very good summary. What I do know is that people that try to time the market usually come out on the short end of it,.
    "Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options
    CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139
    I wouldn't suggest timing it. These 25 year headlines are rubbbish though. The price of gold is only relevant in conext of inflation. Based on anyone's measure of inflation over the past 25 years, we are still well off any high. This is not going into any unclaimed territory by pushing $700.
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options
    How many ton's of gold are being held by the Chinese government ?

How many billions of American greenback dollars have they stashed away ??

Gold's going to over 1000$ an ounce by the next summer Olympic's .......
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We came within $10 of the $685 trip point today. Once through that there is no real resistance all the way to the previous high of $850-$875. And it could get there very quickly just as it did in 1980.

It'll be in the $500's again before $700.

Bay500. you could probably find a dozen or more takers on that bet here.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    DeadhorseDeadhorse Posts: 3,720

<< <i>How many ton's of gold are being held by the Chinese government ?

How many billions of American greenback dollars have they stashed away ??

Gold's going to over 1000$ an ounce by the next summer Olympic's ....... >>

There are no Olympics next summer. There are the World Games this year, the next summer Olympics are in 2008 in Red China.

I wouldn't bet on the US sending a team to that one.

Gold will break $1000 before this year's end.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file