October 22 around 4 PMish

1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
is when axtell will recognize the power of the Eagles
collecting various PSA and SGC cards

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>is when axtell will recognize the power of the Eagles >>

You mean the power to stink up the stadium?

Look, the Bucs have owned the eagles in recent history...from the way the old stadium was shut down to the way the new one was broken in by the Bucs, it's always the same story:

"BUCS WIN....BUCS WIN!!'

This time will be no different.
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

I live 135 miles south of Tampa and am sure we will feel the breeze when the air is let out of the Bucs balloon on that day.
  • Options
    are you guys giving up on baseball season after only 3 games?
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>are you guys giving up on baseball season after only 3 games? >>

Phils at 0 - 3 image

• Options

<< <i>is when axtell will recognize the power of the Eagles >>

Axtell will learn to bow down to the Philadelphia Eagles.
  • Options
    just messing with you steve... i was flipping around mlb.tv at work and i heard the phillies fans booing david bell with his 2 errors and 5 left of base.

october 22 should be a good day - falcons beat the steelers on my birthday image
  • Options
    Please, bow down to the Eagles?

Do you think McNabb will make it to October before coming up lame again? Will he get a booboo the week before, and see the monstrous Tampa D, and sit it out?

Caddy will be in his second season, Clayton will be strong, and Simms will be more confident with more playing time under his belt. The new trio is here.

Meanwhile, you're saying Westbrook is the answer, you're hoping (praying? worshipping to the sun god?) that you get Javon Walker as your new #1 (even though he's a good 2), and you'll have no one opposite him to draw coverage, and McNabb is yet another year older. Huh?

Do I smell a sig line bet coming on?
  • Options
    I'll bet more than a sigline ... fan of the losing team doesn't POST for a week.

Caddy - will he be banged up and "boo-boo'd"
    Simms - whatever

Walker a #2? how do you figure that?
  • Options
    <<< just messing with you steve >>>

No...You've got a point. I'm so sick & tired of this - year after stinkin' year after stinkin' year the losing. I mean 3 friggin' games into the season and already it's basically hopeless - I'm not kidding. Granted the 3 losses were against the Cardinals but realistically if understanding odds and trends, and I know you do, a longshot team like the Phillies really has to get off to a good start to have a chance to win a pennant. A team like the Braves or the Cardinals can start off a season slow and they have the talent to come back and possibly win. Phils better start winning and real quick, or it's gonna be an extremely long summer for them. Well...it sure unfortunately won't be my first long summer rooting for the Phillies image
  • Options
    <<< Do I smell a sig line bet coming on? >>>

Of course! I have a feeling it's going to be a nasty, brutal, upcoming smacktalk NFL season here at SportsTalk. My advice would be to keep the women and children away - LOL

• Options
    I'll bet more than a sigline ... fan of the losing team doesn't POST for a week.

Still waiting for axguement to agree.

• Options
    I see you are posting, so I will move this to the top ...

how bout no posting for TWO weeks? put your money where your mouth is
  • Options
    You are that afraid of flying the Bucs colors that you'd prefer not to post for a week?
  • Options
    spin it that way if you'd like ... bigger than a sig line, and I think others will be watching to see if you take this bet.

TWO WEEKS OF POSTING ON THE LINE .... DO YOU ACCEPT?
  • Options
    No I won't take your bet.

I will take the sig line bet, which has been the de facto bet for a long time here.

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    I have two favorite memories in recent times. The first was the 02 NFC Championship game when the Eagles scored in the first
    few minutes. The place was freaking going wild. The bucs had had trouble there and had only won one game in the cold and
    that was against a sorry sorry Bears team on the last day of the season.

I can still remember Gruden's face..he had confidence...Brad Johnson went out and moved the ball and Martina kicked a beautiful
    field goal to bring it to 7-3. The bucs then proceeded to pluck the Eagles, feather by feather and throw McNad around like a rag
    doll. The camera panning around to all the Eagles fans....who had looked like they just lost their dogs. Such hope, such promise...how
    could this happen..they had home field, the had McNad, they had a defense.....NOT

of course the second memory was the opening MNF game the next year. The bucs were screwed that whole season and it started
    by making them (the super bowl champs) go on the ROAD to play the first game of the season, I have never seen a defending
    champ have to start on the road the next season, none the less, the bucs started right where they left off..this time, it was total
    domination right from the beginning. Rocky was there, and so were like 80,000.....it was a new year and a new stadium, but there
    was one thing not new....the old bucs! McNad, has never rebounded from that game. That was his big game, and he was owned.

The Eagles have NO chance to win at Tampa, they will be lucky to win one game in the division, not to mention winning at a playoff
    team's home stadium.

At least the Phillies are good.................................LOL

JS
  • Options

<< <i>Simms will be more confident with more playing time under his belt. >>

Yeah, he'll play like a bonafide Arena League vet next season! image

He is the chink in the Sucs armor.

Watch him go down boys. Then who?

Josh McCown?

Please. Get a real QB, then you can leave the porch.
  • Options
    And who's behind McNabb? We all saw how fantastic your team played with him, and just how abysmal they were without him.

Leave the porch? I would think the Eagles, fresh off a 6-10 season, and having NEVER won a super bowl, has no smack talking right until they actually win the big game (which, due to their negative karma, will never happen).

So, let me sum up for you:

Bucs, 11-5 last year, division champs, super bowl win
    Eagles, 6-10 last year, division chumps (last year AND this year), NO SUPER BOWL WINS.

So, Eagle fans, keep your sorry angry asses on the porch and watch a real team play.

• Options

<< <i>And who's behind McNabb? We all saw how fantastic your team played with him, and just how abysmal they were without him.

Leave the porch? I would think the Eagles, fresh off a 6-10 season, and having NEVER won a super bowl, has no smack talking right until they actually win the big game (which, due to their negative karma, will never happen).

So, let me sum up for you:

Bucs, 11-5 last year, division champs, super bowl win
    Eagles, 6-10 last year, division chumps (last year AND this year), NO SUPER BOWL WINS.

So, Eagle fans, keep your sorry angry asses on the porch and watch a real team play. >>

Garcia is behind McNabb now and better than any Hookerneer back up. A better O line is ready and here they go.

Let's talk consistency. Say, 5-10 years. Where were the Sucs. Nowhere.

Get a ring...hit the tank.

Meanwhile the negative karma in Philly resulted in numerous playoff appearances, multiple NFC Champ Games, and a visit to the Super Bowl.

I'll take it, along with the fans.

Most Tampa fans moved there and gave up whatever allegiance they had to the Packers, Browns, Lions or other particular Midwest city they came from.

Kind of like you JesterAxtell. Give up the home town. You couldn't hold a Philly fans jock, nor could any Sucs fan.

Now, zipper up your creamsicle throwback gay pirate jacket and get ready for a cold winter.
  • Options

<< <i>
    Garcia is behind McNabb now and better than any Hookerneer back up. A better O line is ready and here they go.
    >>

Hah Garcia is your hope? We see how well he did in Detroit, with superior receivers to anyone the Eagles have.

<< <i>

>>

YOU want to talk consistency? Would you believe that since 1997, the Bucs have a BETTER record than your precious Eagles? Bucs in that span are 83-61, the Eagles are 79-64-1. WOW! Can you believe that!!! Talk about consistency! In that span, the Bucs have 2 losing seasons, the Eagles have 4. WOW!

<< <i>Meanwhile the negative karma in Philly resulted in numerous playoff appearances, multiple NFC Champ Games, and a visit to the Super Bowl.

>>

So you're ok with never closing escrow? 'Close' is good enough for you?

<< <i>Most Tampa fans moved there and gave up whatever allegiance they had to the Packers, Browns, Lions or other particular Midwest city they came from.
    >>

And they're among the most rabid in all of football. Sold out every Sunday, long waiting list for season tickets.

<< <i>Kind of like you JesterAxtell. Give up the home town. You couldn't hold a Philly fans jock, nor could any Sucs fan.
    >>

You're right, Bucs fans are INFINITELY better. Now that you've been schooled like the petulant child you are, get your cheesesteak eatin ass back on the porch you clown.

<< <i>Now, zipper up your creamsicle throwback gay pirate jacket and get ready for a cold winter. >>

Another winter in which we dominate? Sure, I'll take 11-5 over 6-10 any day of the week!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    >>

Hah Garcia is your hope? We see how well he did in Detroit, with superior receivers to anyone the Eagles have.

<< <i>

>>

YOU want to talk consistency? Would you believe that since 1997, the Bucs have a BETTER record than your precious Eagles? Bucs in that span are 83-61, the Eagles are 79-64-1. WOW! Can you believe that!!! Talk about consistency! In that span, the Bucs have 2 losing seasons, the Eagles have 4. WOW!

<< <i>Meanwhile the negative karma in Philly resulted in numerous playoff appearances, multiple NFC Champ Games, and a visit to the Super Bowl.

>>

So you're ok with never closing escrow? 'Close' is good enough for you?

<< <i>Most Tampa fans moved there and gave up whatever allegiance they had to the Packers, Browns, Lions or other particular Midwest city they came from.
    >>

And they're among the most rabid in all of football. Sold out every Sunday, long waiting list for season tickets.

<< <i>Kind of like you JesterAxtell. Give up the home town. You couldn't hold a Philly fans jock, nor could any Sucs fan.
    >>

You're right, Bucs fans are INFINITELY better. Now that you've been schooled like the petulant child you are, get your cheesesteak eatin ass back on the porch you clown.

<< <i>Now, zipper up your creamsicle throwback gay pirate jacket and get ready for a cold winter. >>

Another winter in which we dominate? Sure, I'll take 11-5 over 6-10 any day of the week! >>

You'll need more than that Brokeback.

What did the Bucs do with the record? Win, then tank for several years.

Enjoy the gay orange jacket. This winter you'll need a matching scarf to wipe your runny nose.

Sorry, Tampa fans are not close to Philly fans and once again I'll mention that these are fans who gave up their home town allegiance. That seems to be a problem with you. What happened, did Daddy make you move every two years? Still bitter over that?

Schooled? Not even close. I have been to Bucs games. Often the Bucs fans are shown up by the opposing teams truly rabid fans such as visitors from Wisconsin. Of course you wouldn't take the time to come to Tampa would you?

No. Why - you are not a true fan.

Oh, guess what. Bucs tickets were readily available last year. Once again their fans can't hold a candle to Philly fans. The Eagles closed the season ticket waiting list because it was too long. They just reopened it again.

Why don't you take up something readily available to you there in Cali, like wine tasting. It fits. The sports tout thing is not for you.

• Options

<< <i>You'll need more than that Brokeback.

What did the Bucs do with the record? Win, then tank for several years.
    >>

Several? 2 years in which they had no first or second round draft picks of 7-9 and 5-11, then rebounding to 11-5? Yeah, I can handle that. AT LEAST THEY WON THE BIG GAME. Something you Eagle nuts can't say.

<< <i>
    Enjoy the gay orange jacket. This winter you'll need a matching scarf to wipe your runny nose.
    >>

What are you talking about? This is your big comeback? You were sitting there, typing away, had plenty of time to edit your response, and THIS is the best you can come up with? Good god you're sad.

<< <i>Sorry, Tampa fans are not close to Philly fans and once again I'll mention that these are fans who gave up their home town allegiance. That seems to be a problem with you. What happened, did Daddy make you move every two years? Still bitter over that?
    >>

Actually always lived in relatively the same area...at least I know who my dad is.

So, are you going to address the FACTS of the situation?

You wanted to talk consistency...I PROVED that over the past 9 years, the Bucs:

-have a better winning percentage than the Eagles
    -have a super bowl ring which the Eagles do not

So, what do you have to say to that? How can you sit there and say the Eagles have been more consistent when they have fewer super bowl wins (NONE to TB's one) and twice as many losing seasons in that span (4 to TB's 2). What do you have to say? Can you address the FACTS of the situation instead of trying to insult? Is that possible, or are you the typical Philly fan, when faced with the FACTS you turn your nose and try (emphasis on 'try') to be a bully?

get lost punk...you're too easy to crush.
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    COMPUTER TYPING TUFF GUYS LOL image
  • Options

<< <i>Actually always lived in relatively the same area...at least I know who my dad is. >>

Now see, you had to break that barrier didn't you. Moving frequently as a younster and illegitimacy are far too different for you to go there. I suggest that you not approach that line again.

I certainly know who my father is moron. He is a man who worked in service to his country for 40+ years and I have now followed in his footsteps as a federal employee. He lives with my mother in the Philly area, in the house where I grew up. I'll add that my federal service involves quick response and extended travel to assist those who suffer after natural disasters and terrorist attacks. Dad, well he just worked for the Defense Department. Stick that in your pipe.

What happened to the sensitive Cali persona who just recently asked another board member about being a "hater?"

Can't take it can you?

Go down to Penny's and pick out a nice skirt to go with the jacket.
  • Options
    Well I see you can't stick to the facts.

I guess it must SUCK to call out the Bucs for not being 'consistent', then to have your own team's flawed recent history brought to light must just burn your ass.

What, do you pull a Stuart Smalley when you think of the Eagles? 'That you're good enough, and smart enough, and gosh darn it people like me?'

You aren't just sad, you're PATHETIC.

• Options

Axtell, I believe if we took a poll we would find that most people think you are the pathetic one.

We punk you because it is entertaining. You are baited by board members on a regular basis just to see how quickly you will use words like "sparky," "idiot," etc.

Debating a team's merits and razzing their fans is all in good fun. Resorting to name calling and insulting a person's heritage, well you seem to stoop that low on a regular basis.

Add to that your continuous and obvious hate for anything New York or Northeast US for that matter, and you find yourself surrounded by those who will always fight back.

BTW - remember last year when we traded some 05 Heritage? At the time you were delving into the 85 Topps Football set. I had bought a pack or two of the 85s and sent you a few to help out. You never did acknowledge that gracious gesture.

But then again that is probably just you isn't it.
  • Options
    Debating a team's merits and razzing their fans is all in good fun. Resorting to name calling and insulting a person's heritage, well you seem to stoop that low on a regular basis.

true ... the latter seems to be the m.o. for axtell and a few cowboy fans

I think it is apparent that there are several posters on this board that are probably not held in high esteem by others or their own self.
  • Options
    Please show me where I've ever insulted someone's heritage - please.

And you are as baited by my posts as I am by you, that's supposed to be the spirit of a good debate. I find it humorous that it was you, soflphilly, who started with the 'couldn't hold a eagle's fan jock' and 'gay' remarks...or did you forget?

But when I bring out facts (like the Bucs' higher winning percentage over the last 9 years, Eagles 4 losing seasons to the Bucs' two), that suddenly YOU get your feelings hurt and cry?

Sorry that YOU can dish it out, but YOU can't take it.

• Options
    Resorting to name calling and insulting a person's heritage, well you seem to stoop that low on a regular basis.

<< true ... the latter seems to be the m.o. for axtell and a few cowboy fans >>

Looks like some Eagle fans revert to name calling as well huh image

lets hear it for the morons ...

Eagles will have a pass rush this season, and that will flow back to the secondary. Like it did the previous season. Dallas has no running game, a poor offensive line, and major holes on defense.

The Eagles have a nice position in the draft, and will add several more players. Maybe Javon Walker even ...

Axtell is 100% accurate this time - TO has ZERO weaknesses (besides ego and attitude) and he will perform. He is the BEST receiver in football (by a good margin) and TO will score on the Eagles, I am already counting on that. I think that is all that TO will care about. If the Eagles beat em, then who cares. I know he won't care.

BTW, you cowboy fans are basing your team's success on TO. Philly and San Fran did as well. I don't think that he will "act out" like he has this season, but with TO one never knows. Parcells was against his signing (although the CU cowboys fans won't admit it) and it could very well blow up in Jerry Jones face(lift)
  • Options
    Some eagles fans are having a hard time accepting that their team went 0-6 in the division. They are living in the past. Most NFL teams have a run of 4 to 6 seasons before it is time to start over. The NFC East is an improved division no longer for the Eagles taking. The Eagles are a middle of the pack team instead of the front runners. That would go to the GIants who won the East last year.
    Go Cowboys!!!!!!!!!! image
  • Options

<< <i> Please show me where I've ever insulted someone's heritage - please. >>

Actually always lived in relatively the same area...at least I know who my dad is.

Gentleman, I rest my case.
  • Options
    The only resumes you see with

-Super Bowl Appearance

and

-Division titles

in it, are those that didn't have the muscle to win the super bowl. The Eagles are averaging a super bowl appearance every 25 years...considering
    that there are only 32 teams in the league, that ratio sucks, as do the Ealges. At least our back up QB isn't a fairy!

...and we are about to get the best O linemen in the country come draft time.......Simms won't be making the dumb mistakes this year with
    a solid O line in front of him. Heck if Caddy played in Denver or KC this past year the guy might of rushed for 3000 yards!! A few more blockers
    could make this guy go wild!

JS
  • Options

Did someone break wind?

A foul odor has just entered the room.
  • Options
    I think one of the old urinals from the vet washed up on shore!

JS
  • Options

<< <i>

Gentleman, I rest my case. >>

Oh, you mean after you said this?

<< <i> What happened, did Daddy make you move every two years? Still bitter over that? >>

Sorry you brought dads into it now, aren't you?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Gentleman, I rest my case. >>

Oh, you mean after you said this?

<< <i> What happened, did Daddy make you move every two years? Still bitter over that? >>

Sorry you brought dads into it now, aren't you? >>

Yes I am truly sorry....for you.

• Options
    I find the hyporisy of this entire thread to be quite humorous.

You bring up Bucs consistency, to which I reply with facts showing the Bucs have a higher winning percentage over the past decade, you dissolve into a bubbling pile of jello, foaming at the mouth, completely pissy that the 'lowly' Bucs would have a higher winning percentage, fewer 10 loss seasons, and more super bowl wins than your beloved Eagles.

You bring up dads, to which I reply, then suddenly I am insulting someone's 'heritage'.

Look, you got taken out behind the shed, beaten down with a reed...you only have yourself to blame for bring up points to which you would get owned on.

Now, on to the next topic, shall we?
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is so humorous the way Axtell blasts NY, Philly fans for being obnoxious yet he/she is without a doubt worse than ANY NY or Philly fan that ever walked the Earth image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options

Survey says....

you lose.

Here's something really humorous.

You have to vote for yourself in the poll thread to see how many people have voted for you. image

Bet you did.
  • Options
    Of course I did, love to give you the satisfaction of it....but, unlike you, once I step away from the computer, I don't give this board and its contents a single thought.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Of course I did, love to give you the satisfaction of it....but, unlike you, once I step away from the computer, I don't give this board and its contents a single thought. >>

yeah right! If Axtell really didn't get all bothered by this forum when he leaves the screen he wouldn't feel the need to ANNOUNCE it image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options

• Options
    Check your book again.

Keep the SB win. I'll take this record any day. The Eagles have not only been more consistent than the Bucs over the last 10 years, they have been able to stay in the playoffs until the title game more often.

Own that.

1995-2005

Eagles - 7 years in playoffs
    4 Division titles
    5 NFC Champ Games

Bucs - - 6 years in playoffs
    3 Division titles
    1 (?) NFC Champ Game, maybe 2. Haven't the Bucs played in only 2 NFC Champ games in their entire history?

1995 National Conference

Eastern Division W L T Pct. Pts. OP
    Dallas# 12 4 0 .750 435 291
    Philadelphia* 10 6 0 .625 318 338
    Washington 6 10 0 .375 326 359
    N.Y. Giants 5 11 0 .313 290 340
    Arizona 4 12 0 .250 275 422

Central Division W L T Pct. Pts. OP
    Green Bay 11 5 0 .688 404 314
    Detroit* 10 6 0 .625 436 336
    Chicago 9 7 0 .563 392 360
    Minnesota 8 8 0 .500 412 385
    Tampa Bay 7 9 0 .438 238 335

1996 National Conference
    Dallas 10 6 0 .625 286 250
    Philadelphia* 10 6 0 .625 363 341
    Washington 9 7 0 .563 364 312
    Arizona 7 9 0 .438 300 397
    N.Y. Giants 6 10 0 .375 242 297

Green Bay# 13 3 0 .813 456 210
    Minnesota* 9 7 0 .563 298 315
    Chicago 7 9 0 .438 283 305
    Tampa Bay 6 10 0 .375 221 293
    Detroit 5 11 0 .313 302 368

1997 National Conference
    N.Y. Giants 10 5 1 .656 307 265
    Washington 8 7 1 .531 327 289
    Philadelphia 6 9 1 .406 317 372
    Dallas 6 10 0 .375 304 314
    Arizona 4 12 0 .250 283 379

Green Bay 13 3 0 .813 422 282
    Tampa Bay* 10 6 0 .625 299 263
    Detroit* 9 7 0 .563 379 306
    Minnesota* 9 7 0 .563 354 359
    Chicago 4 12 0 .250 263 421

1998 National Conference

Dallas 10 6 0 .625 381 275
    Arizona* 9 7 0 .563 325 378
    N.Y. Giants 8 8 0 .500 287 309
    Washington 6 10 0 .375 319 421
    Philadelphia 3 13 0 .188 161 344

Minnesota# 15 1 0 .938 556 296
    Green Bay* 11 5 0 .688 408 319
    Tampa Bay 8 8 0 .500 314 295
    Detroit 5 11 0 .313 306 378
    Chicago 4 12 0 .250 276 368

1999 National Conference

Washington 10 6 0 .625 443 377
    Dallas* 8 8 0 .500 352 276
    N.Y. Giants 7 9 0 .438 299 358
    Arizona 6 10 0 .375 245 382
    Philadelphia 5 11 0 .313 272 357

Tampa Bay 11 5 0 .688 270 235
    Minnesota* 10 6 0 .625 399 335
    Detroit* 8 8 0 .500 322 323
    Green Bay 8 8 0 .500 357 341
    Chicago 6 10 0 .375 272 341

2000 National Conference

N.Y. Giants# 12 4 0 .750 328 246
    Philadelphia* 11 5 0 .688 351 245
    Washington 8 8 0 .500 281 269
    Dallas 5 11 0 .313 294 361
    Arizona 3 13 0 .188 210 443

Minnesota 11 5 0 .688 397 371
    Tampa Bay* 10 6 0 .625 388 269
    Green Bay 9 7 0 .563 353 323
    Detroit 9 7 0 .563 307 307
    Chicago 5 11 0 .313 216 355

Philadelphia 11 5 0 .688 343 208
    Washington 8 8 0 .500 256 303
    N.Y. Giants 7 9 0 .438 294 321
    Arizona 7 9 0 .438 295 343
    Dallas 5 11 0 .312 246 338

Chicago 13 3 0 .812 338 203
    Green Bay* 12 4 0 .750 390 266
    Tampa Bay* 9 7 0 .562 324 280
    Minnesota 5 11 0 .312 290 390
    Detroit 2 14 0 .125 270 424

2002 National Conference

Philadelphia# 12 4 0 .750 415 241
    N.Y. Giants* 10 6 0 .625 320 279
    Washington 7 9 0 .438 307 365
    Dallas 5 11 0 .312 217 329

Northern Division W L T Pct. Pts. OP
    Green Bay 12 4 0 .750 398 328
    Minnesota 6 10 0 .375 390 442
    Chicago 4 12 0 .250 281 379
    Detroit 3 13 0 .188 306 451

Southern Division W L T Pct. Pts. OP
    Tampa Bay 12 4 0 .750 346 196
    Atlanta* 9 6 1 .594 402 314
    New Orleans 9 7 0 .562 432 388
    Carolina 7 9 0 .438 258 302

2003 National Conference

Philadelphia# 12 4 0 .750 374 287
    Dallas* 10 6 0 .625 289 260
    Washington 5 11 0 .312 287 372
    N.Y. Giants 4 12 0 .250 243 387

Green Bay 10 6 0 .625 442 307
    Minnesota 9 7 0 .562 416 353
    Chicago 7 9 0 .438 283 346
    Detroit 5 11 0 .312 270 379

Carolina 11 5 0 .688 325 304
    New Orleans 8 8 0 .500 340 326
    Tampa Bay 7 9 0 .438 301 264
    Atlanta 5 11 0 .312 299 422

2004 National Conference
    Philadelphia# 13 3 0 .812 386 260
    N.Y. Giants 6 10 0 .375 303 347
    Dallas 6 10 0 .375 293 405
    Washington 6 10 0 .375 240 265

Green Bay 10 6 0 .625 424 380
    Minnesota* 8 8 0 .500 405 395
    Detroit 6 10 0 .375 296 350
    Chicago 5 11 0 .312 231 331

Atlanta 11 5 0 .688 340 337
    New Orleans 8 8 0 .500 348 405
    Carolina 7 9 0 .438 355 339
    Tampa Bay 5 11 0 .312 301 304

NFC East
    Team W L T PCT PF PA Home Road AFC NFC DIV Streak
    y-N.Y. Giants 11 5 0 .688 422 314 7-1 4-4 3-1 8-4 4-2 Won 1
    x-Washington 10 6 0 .625 359 293 6-2 4-4 0-4 10-2 5-1 Won 5
    Dallas 9 7 0 .562 325 308 5-3 4-4 2-2 7-5 3-3 Lost 1
    Philadelphia 6 10 0 .375 310 388 4-4 2-6 3-1 3-9 0-6 Lost 2

NFC North
    yz-Chicago 11 5 0 .688 260 202 7-1 4-4 1-3 10-2 5-1 Lost 1
    Minnesota 9 7 0 .562 306 344 6-2 3-5 1-3 8-4 5-1 Won 1
    Detroit 5 11 0 .312 254 345 3-5 2-6 2-2 3-9 1-5 Lost 1
    Green Bay 4 12 0 .250 298 344 3-5 1-7 0-4 4-8 1-5 Won 1

NFC South
    y-Tampa Bay 11 5 0 .688 300 274 6-2 5-3 2-2 9-3 5-1 Won 2
    x-Carolina 11 5 0 .688 391 259 5-3 6-2 3-1 8-4 4-2 Won 1
    Atlanta 8 8 0 .500 351 341 4-4 4-4 3-1 5-7 2-4 Lost 3
    New Orleans 3 13 0 .188 235 398 1-7 2-6 2-2 1-11 1-5 Lost 5
  • Options
    Look, spin it however you want.

From 1997-2005, the Bucs have a higher winning percentage the Eagles, a super bowl win compared to none for the eagles, and half as many 10+ loss seasons.

I am sure ALL fans would rather have more NFC championship game appearances over a super bowl win....SURE they do.
  • Options

You are the spinmeister and have not been more incorrect since you tried to tell us all how to play baseball.

The Eagles have been to the playoffs more often than the Bucs, and used that chance to consistently reach deeper into the playoff rounds.

Why do you think Dungy is not there anymore? They did not reach the playoffs enough and when they did it was choke time.

Read 'em and weep.

One SB win does not make a decade.

• Options

<< <i>You are the spinmeister and have not been more incorrect since you tried to tell us all how to play baseball. >>

Please answer something for me...which team has the higher winning percentage over the last decade?

<< <i>The Eagles have been to the playoffs more often than the Bucs, and used that chance to consistently reach deeper into the playoff rounds.
    >>

So you're happy with playoff appearances, but no super bowl win. Ok got it.

<< <i>Why do you think Dungy is not there anymore? They did not reach the playoffs enough and when they did it was choke time.
    >>

And how's Dungy been in Indy? How many super bowls has he won? Wouldn't his ability to win the big game in Tampa (which Gruden was able to do) nor him being able to in Indy (despite having the best team and record last year) tell you something?

<< <i>Read 'em and weep. >>

I am sure you are used to crying, year after year of CHOKING and no super bowl wins EVER?

Isn't the ULTIMATE determination of a team's success the ability to win the title?
  • Options

Isn't Dungy's record in Indy better than Gruden's in Tampa? Again consistently better over the same period.

Think you lost it even worse there.

Add that Gruden played with Dungy's team and Tony comes out even better.

I'll take the consistent wins and the occassional visit to the SB.

Would you rather have a team that tanks nine years out of ten, missing the playoffs each year, then winning a title? That's fine but nine years out of ten you'll sit during the post season.

Sorry, forgot. You are already a Mariners fan.

• Options

<< <i>Isn't Dungy's record in Indy better than Gruden's in Tampa? Again consistently better over the same period.
    >>

Of course he has...he's had a better team. Peyton, Edge, Harrison...3 sure fire hall of famers? Of COURSE he's going to have a better record ya dope!

<< <i>Think you lost it even worse there.

Add that Gruden played with Dungy's team and Tony comes out even better.
    >>

Hmm if that's the case, why didn't Dungy win the title? If the team truly was the same, and Dungy is the better coach, why didn't Dungy win a super bowl?

<< <i>I'll take the consistent wins and the occassional visit to the SB.
    >>

So by occasional you mean once every 25 years? Uhm ok, if that floats your boat, sure.

<< <i>Would you rather have a team that tanks nine years out of ten, missing the playoffs each year, then winning a title? That's fine but nine years out of ten you'll sit during the post season. >>

But the Bucs haven't missed 9 out of 10 postseasons. There you go spinning again. When you plan on speaking in truths instead of falsehoods, perhaps we can have a meaningful discussion. I've proved the Bucs have had the better winning percentage over the past decade, yet you continue to say 'postseason appearances!' as if you are happy the Eagles haven't won it all, instead preferring to be happy 'just being there'.

• Options
    The only stat you need:

JS
  • Options
    Eagles win this game by two touchdowns.