Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

NEWPS! (Lotsa pics)

Mostly new arrivals, but a few that have been laying around buried under piles of crap (actually my entire house is one big pile of crap).

Virtually all slabs, so the photography is iffy.

Lebanon 1 Piastre, 1955. NGC MS66. Got this from Mad Marty's son's first foray into Ebay selling. Not an expensive coin, but a lovely example of the type.

imageimage

Great Britain 1 Penny, 1935. NGC MS65 BN. Lovely dark blue-brown toning. Nice surfaces.

imageimage

U.S. 10 Cents, 1957. PCGS MS66. Eww!!! Icky lightside crap! Ewwww!!! Bought for the toning.

imageimage

U.S. 10 Cents, 1958. PCGS MS66. Ditto.

imageimage

Portugal 5 Reis, 1874. NGC PF63 RB. I'm leaning towards what someone else mentioned when I originally inquired about this, that this is simply a PL specimen rather than an outright proof. Not very much contrast. The mirrors are there, but subtle.

imageimage

Great Britain 1/2 Farthing, 1881. ANACS MS64 RD. About what I expected. Maybe a few shades brighter than the NGC I have.

imageimage

Germany 1 Mark, 1968 F. You know those country "type set" cardboard holders that you find at many dealers? They usually have low-grade and/or ultracommon junk in them. Well I stumbled across this one last weekend, and I really liked the look of the 1 Mark. Some of the other coins in it aren't too bad either. Not bad for $4.

imageimage

And finally one that I think I posted auction pics, but not my own pics. Oddball toning but extremely vibrant!

Canada 5 Cents, 1913. ANACS AU55. I actually think it may be an UNC but was penalized due to ugliness. image Any idea what would have caused those toning patterns?

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    oldshepoldshep Posts: 3,240
    Wow -The British penny and the toned Canadian 5 cent are beautiful!!!
    Your photos are,once again, excellent.
    Shep
  • Options
    AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭
    The '35 Penny is a stunner image

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    Allegedly, some of the pennies dated 1935 ended up in the toning pot (the entire 1934 issue did as well). This could be an example of that type unless you see any red on it. There's no price differential from the red ones, but I would think at some point there would be (a la 1918 farthings).
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    The 1913 Canadian 5c is a beauty. Gonna love the color.

Nice images.
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    I like that 1874 5 Reis (looks better than a PF63). "actually my entire house is one big pile of crap;" I know the feeling.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    Nice'uns..... image
  • Options
    WWWWWW Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    Nice NEWPS. The 5 center is especially nice.