Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

NEWPS! (Lotsa pics)

Mostly new arrivals, but a few that have been laying around buried under piles of crap (actually my entire house is one big pile of crap).

Virtually all slabs, so the photography is iffy.

Lebanon 1 Piastre, 1955. NGC MS66. Got this from Mad Marty's son's first foray into Ebay selling. Not an expensive coin, but a lovely example of the type.

imageimage

Great Britain 1 Penny, 1935. NGC MS65 BN. Lovely dark blue-brown toning. Nice surfaces.

imageimage

U.S. 10 Cents, 1957. PCGS MS66. Eww!!! Icky lightside crap! Ewwww!!! Bought for the toning.

imageimage

U.S. 10 Cents, 1958. PCGS MS66. Ditto.

imageimage

Portugal 5 Reis, 1874. NGC PF63 RB. I'm leaning towards what someone else mentioned when I originally inquired about this, that this is simply a PL specimen rather than an outright proof. Not very much contrast. The mirrors are there, but subtle.

imageimage

Great Britain 1/2 Farthing, 1881. ANACS MS64 RD. About what I expected. Maybe a few shades brighter than the NGC I have.

imageimage

Germany 1 Mark, 1968 F. You know those country "type set" cardboard holders that you find at many dealers? They usually have low-grade and/or ultracommon junk in them. Well I stumbled across this one last weekend, and I really liked the look of the 1 Mark. Some of the other coins in it aren't too bad either. Not bad for $4.

imageimage

And finally one that I think I posted auction pics, but not my own pics. Oddball toning but extremely vibrant!

Canada 5 Cents, 1913. ANACS AU55. I actually think it may be an UNC but was penalized due to ugliness. image Any idea what would have caused those toning patterns?

imageimage

Comments