Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1993 Refractor PSA 10s on eBay by the dozen

2»

Comments

• Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    I spoke with the man who knows the most about the '93s (Phil G.), and he mentioned it's not as easy as simply placing a coating over, say, a 'non-refractor' card. It involves a little more detail. This certainly made me feel a little bit better about the counterfeiting issue. That's not to say there weren't any 'extra refractor sheets' lying around above and beyond what Topps indicated there were.

Mark
  • Options
    Amazingly the Tony Fernandez PSA 10 which I had the winning bid of $5.00 the day before the auction ended was trumped marginally by another bidder which was then trumped by a bid of over $173 by jtcards. Hmmm....
  • Options
    TFCTFC Posts: 65 ✭✭
    Just a few approximate stats on the 93 refractor PSA 10 auctions just completed.
    137 auctions
    17 total high bidders
    1 bidder was high bidder on 42 auctions
    1 bidder was high bidder on 29 auctions
    1 bidder was high bidder on 25 auctions
    1 bidder was high bidder on 13 auctions
    1 bidder was high bidder on 10 auctions
    12 remaining high bidders on 18 auctions

• Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    JTCards also bid $585 on this PSA 10 from a totally different seller, though. Maybe, he's legit, after all?

Randy Johnson 10
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭

<< <i>JTCards also bid $585 on this PSA 10 from a totally different seller, though. Maybe, he's legit, after all?

Randy Johnson 10 >>

But he knew the reserve was $750, so he knew he wouldn't win it. So why bid $585 then.....I dunno.....still looks fishy to me.
    Capecards
  • Options

<< <i>JTCards also bid $585 on this PSA 10 from a totally different seller, though. Maybe, he's legit, after all?

Randy Johnson 10 >>

NO way, this was a B.S. bid, a lame attempt to "divert attention" from his obvious shilling for wcsports1. Placing a bid on a card that is less than 1/2 the "buy it now" price is weak at best.

I'm not buying it.
  • Options
    Also something that struck me as odd with jtcards is that his feedback is a whopping 7316 and his feedback from sellers(which would make him a buyer of the auction) was a big ZERO.

btw I have followed this thread because I was looking at his 1993 finest maddux refractor for my maddux set but it was a bit too steep for me. It has been fun reading and learning about this neat set. Keep up the good work folks!
    Current Sets:
    1960 Armour Coins
    Greg Maddux Basic
    Greg Maddux Master
    All Time 49ers
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    Well, if anybody kept track of the scans/cert #'s from the previous auctions, Tuttle just auctioned off a bunch of 93 Finest PSA 10's. link

I think the account consignmints is now actually under Andrew Tuttle's name, but they're connected.
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    ttt
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    I have all those scans saved from the previous auctions. I only cross-checked two of the cert #s (on the Clemens and the Ryan) - neither of them matched.

Geordie
  • Options
    DaBigHurtDaBigHurt Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    Bump! image

Well, at least we know why Joe Tuttle broke out his dormant 'JTcards' ebay user ID to bump up the bids on hundreds of 1993 Finest refractors from WCsports.

GO MARLINS! Home of the best fans in baseball!!
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Bump! image

Well, at least we know why Joe Tuttle broke out his dormant 'JTcards' ebay user ID to bump up the bids on hundreds of 1993 Finest refractors from WCsports.

image >>

The 'JTcards' user ID has also come in exceptionally handy for buying nothing but WELL CENTERED vintage PSA 6's and 7's, along with some WELL CENTERED PSA 8 Marino and Elway RC's.

I wonder why Joe's such a stickler for centering?