Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

AHHHH! Help me! Why the sudden plague of problems?! Check this one out!!!

p8ntp8nt Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭
I received this email today.

"Received the coin, thanks.

I sure get upset though when I've purchased a PCGS encapsulated coin and then there's a big scratch across the front of the holder that impairs the appearance of the coin.

I'm not supposed to care about this right?

The photo in your auction doesn't show that there is a scratch across the front of the holder where the coin is, funny how that works.

Had this been an MS68 and I had paid a lot more for the coin I would insist on returning the item.

As it stands I suppose I'll just give the coin away to one of my nieces, but I am seriously contemplating leaving a Negative Feedback.

People (myself included) generally won't leave a negative feedback when they are upset with a Seller because they are virtually guaranteed a retalitory negative in return.

Well, I know longer care about that. If I've got something to say, I'm going to say it.

Cheery bye,
Conway"

Auction in question can be seen here

UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLE!

Comments

• Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    Yep, like I always say.....Buy the plastic, not the coin.image
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Send it in to PCGS for plastic gaurentee!!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If its not too deep you can probably polish the scratch off. Do a search. There have been several threads on how to remove scratches from slabs.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    I would tell him to take that slab and insert it into his....

nevermind.

I'd write him back a nasty email that would make MadMarty blush.
  • Options
    what a bolthole
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570
    Winning bid: US $4.50

That explains it image
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    Thats guarantee! I have used abrasive polishing compounds and then rubbed it out, virtually eliminating any scratches.
    Most of my coin plastic is in great shape, but what really matters is the coin inside.
  • Options
    RegulatedRegulated Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Offer him a full refund, less shipping.

What is now proved was once only imagined. - William Blake
  • Options
    Purple73Purple73 Posts: 2,016
    I would refund his cash and have him send it back. I would be curious to see if there really is a scratch in the slab.

If there is a scratch across the slab I'll buy it from ya for 4.50..........If not .......I'll buy it from ya for 4.50

PURPLE!
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭

He is threatening a NEG over a $5 purchase??? What a LOSER he is, I would think about NEG'in him just for hat STUPID email he sent to ya!

TorinoCobra71

• Options
    Wow! What a bunghole!
    Everything I write is my opinion.

Looking for alot of crap.
  • Options
    Man, you are cursed!! All that over a $4.50 coin!!

The buyer is a real winner --- Feedback Score of 12 (with one neg already), and 7 bid retractions in the last 6 months!!
  • Options
    What a jerk.....
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! What a bunghole!

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭
    I've always heard bad things happen in 3's. Let's see, the lost package, the nutcase complaining about a $4.50 purchase and next.....? image
    Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"
  • Options
    This is the 3rd. The first is Paypal not giving me the refund from the seller that sold me the broken phone.
  • Options
    xbobxbob Posts: 1,979
    p8nt,

Since the auction was under $5, maybe "Conway" is cheap but you might tell the hot-head to buy some Brasso and use a little polish the scratch out (and to drink the rest image )

I looked at you other auctions and can see that many of them are going for less than grading fees. Are you making anything for your time or just unloading some coins you thought would grade higher? I'm just curious.

I feel for you. You've had some lousy luck lately and the rewards don't even seem worth the efforts. Keep your chin up! Hopefully your luck will turn for the better!
    -Bob
    collections: Maryland related coins & exonumia, 7070 Type set, and Video Arcade Tokens.
    The Low Budget Y2K Registry Set
  • Options
    CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    I feel for you. You've had some lousy luck lately and the rewards don't even seem worth the efforts. Keep your chin up! Hopefully your luck will turn for the better! >>

Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"
  • Options
    $5.00 more and recapsulate the damn coin!!!! It would be worth telling him to return the coin insured, priority mail, signature confirmation, etc. and you'll return his money!!!image
    Constellatio Collector sevenoften@hotmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!"
    "If it don't make $"
    "It don't make cents""
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    What a freakin' a-hole......... that's just unacceptable behavior..... image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    BLOCKED!!
  • Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    So, what are you going to do for the guy?
  • Options

<< <i>I looked at your other auctions and can see that many of them are going for less than grading fees. Are you making anything for your time or just unloading some coins you thought would grade higher? I'm just curious. >>

Assuming that you are talking about the most recent ended coins.. say the last 10 or so.. they are coins that a friend thought would grade higher. I am selling them off for him.

Some of the other stuff (besides the recent 10 or so) is stuff that I am unloading to get some money for my type set. Im not losing money because I bought them cheap. Just decided to sell off the small stuff to get some more money.

However, if you feel inclined, you may follow the link in my sig line and help me out sometime imageimage I wont be selling for a bit though while I try to sort out this Paypal junk mess.
  • Options
    It appears as though there possibly is a scratch on the holder. It seems as if a faint line is going accross from about 1 o'clock to 7 o'clock. If so, then the buyer has every right to email you about this, no matter what the final price was. It's possible you didn't see the scratch ( if one were present), before you sent it off.

I would offer a refund less shipping or send him a duplicate.

Sam....
  • Options

<< <i>So, what are you going to do for the guy? >>

I havent heard back from him yet. But on the other hand there is no negative yet...

• Options

<< <i>It appears as though there possibly is a scratch on the holder. It seems as if a faint line is going accross from about 1 o'clock to 7 o'clock. If so, then the buyer has every right to email you about this, no matter what the final price was. >>

I know what youre talking about. Its very very minor and the light just catches the edge of it. These are freshly graded stuff Im selling for a friend. He is the submitter. When they were sent to me nothing was unreasonable. I cant imagine someone being that picky over a small hairline. Im beginning to wonder if its possible that something happened to it in the mail? Someone posted a picture of a slab the mailman slammed in the door of his truck and it was all cracked up. Same thing maybe?
  • Options
    How can you sell a coin for 4.50 does it cost muchg more to get in a slab..like $18 for a modern economy....????
  • Options
    $14 for modern. Sometimes you have to take a loss. If I set a reserve of $14 on that.. the (future) buyer would need to be stoned or drunk before they bid.

Take a loss on some you were hoping for higher grades on. Reuse the money for more grading! image
  • Options
    carlcarl Posts: 2,054
    This complaint is really something. Gas around here is over $3.25/gallon. Orange Juice is about $3.50/half gallon and even a loaf of bread is about $2 to $3. Millions of people are homeless because of several natural disasters. And someone is worried about a scratch on a piece of plastic. Strange sence of priorities.
    Carl
  • Options
    Some people want matching holders. Some care about the label, some about the plastic and a few actually care about the coin. I mention holder problems in my ads. I would politely reply to this person that Brasso can rub out part of the scratch or you will take the coin back for a full refund.

Why either party would get into a pissing match over such a small thing is beyond me.
  • Options

There's only One
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If so, then the buyer has every right to email you about this, no matter what the final price was. >>

Get real. This buyer is a dick.

p8nt,

Unfortunately, there are plenty of morons like this oozing around eBay and, as Relayer noted, it's usually the cheap ass buyers that are the biggest losers. Thanks for the heads up, this guy is now blocked.

Russ, NCNE

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file