Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Peace Dollar VAM question.

What is the rarity.......and approximate value, of the 1922 D VAM 12A.

And is there a place to look this stuff up online? (my VAM book is old)

Comments

• Options
    Vamlink

There should be smoething in here.
  • Options
    PutTogetherPutTogether Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭
    Only seem to be able to find the "top 50" there. Unless im doing something wrong.
  • Options
    After searching the link all I could find was this on 12A.

<< <i>"Moustache" variety. Die Break that runs from Liberty's nose down cheek. Formerly VAM 2B. >>

No pricing or rarity.

Oh well,I tried.

• Options
    I have a January 2005 SSDC Peace Dollar Value Guide (Certified) and can look up the price at grade vs. common. What is the grade of your coin?

And yes there is a place to look it up but the update there is not as current as the recent SSDC news letter.

Ashmore.com -Top50 Peace Dollar Price Guide from 10/04

Then click on "VAM UPDATE" on the left side bar. You will then see the link on the top left of the page.

If I only had a dollar for every VAM I have...err...nevermind...I do!! image

My "Fun With 21D" Die State Collection - QX5 Pics Attached
    -----
    Proud Owner of
    2 –DAMMIT BOY!!! ® Awards
  • Options
    PutTogetherPutTogether Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭

<< <i>After searching the link all I could find was this on 12A.

<< <i>"Moustache" variety. Die Break that runs from Liberty's nose down cheek. Formerly VAM 2B. >>

No pricing or rarity.

Oh well,I tried.

image >>

Thats not it. This one has a die break starting at the rim to the left of the Y, going through the Y, and then back to the rim.

found out its an R-6

But will still be neat to know pricing in all the different conditions.
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the 1922-D VAM 12A is not a Top 50 variety, it'll be tough to give a guess as to the value. I recently sold a circulated 1922 VAM 2L on eBay for about $35, and it has a similar die break to yours.

John
  • Options
    Here's the description of the coin.

12A(Formerly VAM 1C) II 1 · B1c (Doubled Reverse Rays, Die Break Y) R-6. Obverse II 1– Die break from rim at left of Y in LIBERTY thru top of Y and extending to right in field.

Not much premium in it. Anything not in the top 50 is sometimes difficult to "unload" unless it's a R-7. There's only 1-2 buyer's purchasing VAM's out of the top 50....... for now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file