Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

DEALER REVIEW: Silver Eagle Coin Company

NOTE: This is the second of what I hope will be a useful series of threads describing my opinions of full time coin dealers based on recent purchases. The opinions are mine alone and are based only on the transaction described. In posting these opinions I make no guarantee as to the outcome of any other transaction with the firm in question. This should not be viewed as a recommendation of any kind on my part and I disclaim any and all responsibility for any actions either taken or not taken as a result of this review. No mention of a particular numismatic product constitutes a recommendation to buy, sell, or hold that or any other item.

DEALER: Silver Eagle Coin Company

SPECIALTY: US and World silver bullion coins

YEARS IN BUSINESS: 6

COIN(s) ORDERED: 2001 Silver Britannia Proof Set and set of BU Britannia coins

SHIPPING CHARGE: $0 Sent via Priority insured US Mail with signature required.

TURNAROUND TIME: About six business days.

CUSTOMER SERVICE: Superb, answered two e-mails each in less than 24 hours.

OVERVIEW: My experience with Silver Eagle Coin Company was excellent, I was pleased with their selection, ease of use of their website and response to my order. While at their site, I noticed no pop-ups, banner ads or annoying graphics and the pages loaded quickly. Orders are placed using e-mail rather than by a shopping cart system. As a general rule I prefer this method as it not only feels more "personal," but also allows a collector to list alternate choices or inquire about other coins. I received a confirmation that the coins I wanted were avaliable in less than 24 hours! I sent a reply letting them know when I had sent payment and to my suprise received an e-mail thanking me for my business! The coins arrived well packaged with an invoice and a personal note again thanking me for using them. The coins were of superb quality as was the box that the 2001 proof set was in.

I can't think of anything that I wish had been done different with this order and I will use SECC again!
If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
1987-C Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com

Comments

• CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭

I've had nothing but good experiences with SECC. Since 1998 set, I have collected their 5 coin world silver set (except I pay the difference to have the ASE switched out for a Britannia) and have had wonderful service and the product is always trouble free. image

Plus he has great giveaways! image
    Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"
  • I have also had only great experiencies with them.

I am now expecting delivery of my third order from them any day now.

I wish more dealers were like them.

Keep up the great customer service!!!!

Bob
    I like Ikes!! But I especially like Viking Ships, Swedish Plate Money, and all coins Scandinavian.
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • LouisCampLouisCamp Posts: 468 ✭✭✭
    I bought some British Silver Coins from SECC and sold him some PCGS Eagles. No complaint on either transaction.

Lou
    lchobbyco
    ANA Life-Member
  • StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have also had only great experiencies with them. >>

Ditto...my choice for silver bullion.

edited to add...Dealer Review #1 image

• I have to chime in here with a big thumbs up for Silver Eagle Coins. Always great to deal with.
    Shep
  • wybritwybrit Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭
    SECC is top notch and professional.image
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    imageimageimage
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • <<Orders are placed using e-mail rather than by a shopping cart system. >> ?????????????image

I used his shopping cart and payed instantly with PayPal. The way I like it. image

John is excellent to buy fromimage
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    I just received my order of a few Britannia coins today from Siller Eagle. All of them would be MS-70s! image Add me to the list of happy customers please.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the review, Æthelred image
    I think this is a terrific idea, and I now know where to shop. Please DO keep this up image

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • For anyone looking for a place to buy a few silver coins, this company has very competitive prices and free shipping in March.
  • AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    I need to do more of these "Dealer Review" threads!
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • the silver coin he gave me (in the only giveaway I ever won) was great. Nice guy. image