Done !
  • Options
    Signed, #161. Great Idea. Paul
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    Signed... #163
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    Signed #165
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    Great Idea cosmic...glad to sign up and help to get rid of the scammers and deceivers.
    A thing of beauty is a joy for ever
  • Options
    TayTayTayTay Posts: 465 ✭✭
    #174 image
    "What are you putting that tape on your nose for?"
    "Exactly."

• Options
    good idea. thank you.

• Options
    I'am In.....
  • Options
    nederveitnederveit Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭
    totally approve, #181
  • Options
    MrLeeMrLee Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭
    Excellent petition.

Signed.
  • Options
    I'm on board. image
  • Options
    Signed. Great idea Cosmic. image
    Hamsters oy! Why collect they the taco.
  • Options
    #200. I'm in.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

Katrina
  • Options

Chris
  • Options

DAN
    United States Air Force Retired And Would Do It Again.

My first tassa slap 3/3/04

My shiny cents

imageThe half I am getting rid of and me, forever and always Taken in about 1959
  • Options
    I'm on. GOOOD idea!image
    Just Learning!
    Thank You
    SilverDollar
  • Options
    UncleJoeUncleJoe Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Please don't hate me.

While I applaud the concept of what you are trying to do, I disagree with the solution.

The solution IMO is to have a separate category for copies, reproductions etc. The category that these items are typically listed is: US Coins. Since copies etc. are NOT US coins they should not be listed there and should be considered OT.

This way if someone sells a "phony" coin listed under US Coins it would be a case closed decision for eBay to make. No subjective decision as to whether one could tell from the description that it was not a "real" coin and none of those "I am not sure if this is real" etc.

If the coin is not "real" and listed as a US Coin, sale is void and seller gets his "coin" back and buyer gets his money back, no subjective decision, no discussion. IMO.

Joe.
  • Options

Works for me.... Why wouldn't everybody want it????? I was # 213...
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The solution IMO is to have a separate category for copies, reproductions etc. >>

I like that idea! image

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    #219....Great idea Cos!!

imageimage
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on; I don't do these things to other people, I require the same from them."
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree a seperate category for 'copies' is ideal. What cosmic is annoyed with I think is an auction like this. The coin listed is a copy but it doesn't state so in the title of the auction. This is a bigger problem with world coins from what I noticed, but also with those many Trade Dollar copies coming out of China.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    Yes Ajaan is correct, auctions like the one he linked to really piss me off. image
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Truth in advertising, what a unique thought.

Yes, if it's a copy it should clearly state this in the auction title.
    And it should be required to repeat this in bold print several times in the auction description!!!
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Done!

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    Thanks for the support everbody.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    excellent idea, hope my signiture helps
    They say you need to pray if you want to go to heaven.... but they don't tell you what to say when your whole life has gone to hell.
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    'eBay has zillions of auctions running at once, and therefore they cannot monitor everything! They count on users like you to point things out to them." The following
    link is as far as your petition will go.
    Sure, they could require a seller to follow the suit of the petition but then again we're back to square one, who is going to read through every auction to monitor such?
    If ebay were able to monitor every kind of item that's prohibited for sales through their website what expertise would ebay use to make the decisions neccesary to pull an auction? In other words, how would they know whether an item was fake or real. It's common sense to assume that ebay has countered this problem many times before especially from those buyers who have been misled into thinking that an item was real but later learn that it's a fake. Ebay's only answer to this petition will not be any different from the answer they have given before to thousands of similar complaints, 'they can't monitor everything, that they depend on you, the custumer, to report any kind of fraud and illegal items for sale on their website.
    I'd imagine, coming up with a foolproof solution for such problems would go much futher then to inform ebay about something they could right volumes on!

Not to turn this thread into something of my own agenda but let's send these TGC's the message that MS65 and higher graded coins must be fully struck! lol

Later, Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    i don't quite agree. i think "copy" should appear in the title OR DESCRIPTION.

K S
  • Options
    Just great!!!!!!! You try to do something you believe and this is the damn thanks I get. Afew infantile idiots psot some crap to the petition I got start gettting email like this:

MY NAME IS PAM DONNELLY,YOU HAVE FALSELY SIGNED MY NAME TO YOUR DOCUMENT AND SLANDERED ME.I WILL REPORT THIS TO EBAY NAD MY ATTORNEY IF THIS IS NOT REMOVED AT ONCE!

Grow up whoever did this. By the way your IP address is documented when you sign these petitions.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    time to bring back to top
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monday November 29, 2004 5:45 PM (NEW!)

time to bring back to top

That's odd. The time stamp on the last post is wrong. This one is 10:21 PM CDST 12-18-04

edited to add oops. Fortunately this post didn't bring it to the top because the time of the last post probably is right.

Apparently this is now one of those rare coin forum cheat threads.

TTB
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So long as someone replies to this every twenty days it should stay on the bottom.image

TTB
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    ccexccex Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭
    I was brave enough (or bored enough) to check out the eBay coin discussion board tonight. The thread with this petition is still near the top of topics there. The eBay representative said on 12/8 and 12/17 that eBay will consider this requirement, but won't make any announcement for "a few weeks". I guess the Secret Service and Postal Inspectors are not threatening eBay this winter.
    "Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity" - Hanlon's Razor

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file