Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

A 1972 MS66FB Roosie sells on eBay.....UPDATED PLEASE READ!

StoogeStooge Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
Yes...A 1972 MS66FB Roosie sells for $271.00 and I am very thrilled for the new owner, but what I find very interesting is that there was a lot of 6 MS66FB's on teletrade about 10 days ago in which there was a 1968-D, 1971, (2) 1972's, and I believe a pair of P/D 1984's, all in MS66FB and that lot went for $230.

Why such a price flux between 2 company's selling the same kind of coins?

You could have bought this lot, sold your extra 72 and got paid about $40 to buy 5 coins. I wish I could have been so lucky, but thats the way the slab crumbles!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.

Comments

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paul: Excellent example of someone who appears to have "given away" their clad dimes in a bulk lot. Like you, I missed that sale too, which was bad news for that Teletrade consignor and great news for the winning bidder image
    And, it goes both ways with the various auction companies. I have noticed TT prices are strong in some other areas.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭✭
    Paul, The group on Teletrade had a 72D 66FB in it and the eBay coin was a 72P 66FB. Big difference.
    Its all about the pops and not just the pops for the grade. The 72D 66FB in TT has a pop of 9/1
    with 18 designated for all grades. The 72P on eBay has a pop of 5/0 and these are the only five
    that have ever been designated FB for all grades. Just 60 days ago the pop for the 72P 66FB
    was 2/0. The 72P is far rarer then the 72D in FB.

I received an e-mail about the eBay coin as to its value. I placed it at $250 - $350 and recently sold
    one in-between those numbers. The TT dimes sold for under there value but not by a wide margin
    and the eBay coin sold for what it was worth. I had a snipe bid placed at $200 for the eBay coin
    just in case it went cheap. The program never got the opportunity to place the bid. I also had bids
    in on the TT dimes to see if I could steal them, I didn't win any of those lots.

Nick

• Options
    Nick/Paul: So, the TT lot didn't have a 71(p) either, as Paul originally mentioned?

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭
    Nick is right I had both coins on my watch list, and they both sold for about what they were worth. If there was a chance at picking up some great full bands cheap, I would have been there. I need some upgrades but funds are limited right now, so I have no choice but to bottom feed
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭
    Gee, I thought I was the only "bottom feeder" here right now. I'm hopeful you won't be down here long Fred, there is only so much muck to be had down here. Get back up there where you belong fellow. image
    Dan
  • Options
    Dan, Thanks for the chuckle. I have a lot of people who need my extra money right now, but I will be back with a vengence in about four years.
  • Options
    Lets have a little Roosie fun...I have hidden a 1986P MS66FB Roosie pop 6/2 in a thread.
    First one to find it and e-mail me the password (no PM) gets it FREE delievered to there door. Lets put a
    48 hour dead line on this starting now......6:00 PM July 6th, 2004

Have Fun
    Nick

P.S. this should really only take an hour or so. It will probably depend on who reopens this
    thread.

P.P.S. By the way,, I put a $200 value on this coin and dealers are disqualified.
  • Options
    JrGMan2004JrGMan2004 Posts: 7,557
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    George is the winner. I made that one to easy since George found it in 90 minutes
    from when I posted this. There will be others so keep watching.

Nick
  • Options
    JrGMan2004JrGMan2004 Posts: 7,557
    image Thank you Nick... image
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    The Teletrade auction #1899 Monday June 21st 2004 lot #1279 had 6 coins/dimes of the following:

1968-D PCGS MS66FB
    1971 PCGS MS66FB
    1972 PCGS MS66FB
    1972 PCGS MS66FB
    1984-P PCGS MS66FB
    1988-D PCGS MS66FB

Now someone is mistaken and its everyone but ME!image

Later, Paul.

P.S. I know what the blinkity blink I"M talkin about! image

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    So, who bought the TT lot? Nick? I need the 71(p) dime. image

Wondercoin
  • Options
    bushmaster8bushmaster8 Posts: 5,616
    Wow! That was a real bargain then! The consignor got raped.
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    Paul, I stand corrected. You are absolutely right. I thought you were talking about
    auction #1902. Here is how TT listed the auction.

1968D Various Dates, FB PCGS 66 (6 Items)
    Including PCGS M66FB Dimes of 1968-D, 1971, 1972 (2), 1984-P, and 1988-D.

I was bidding in that auction and never saw this. I skimmed over it as a 1968D.
    There's over $1000 worth of coins there. I don't know if TT grouped them or the
    consignor. I'd like to know who bought them, I'd pay $1000 right now for the group.

Nick
  • Options
    numonebuyernumonebuyer Posts: 2,136
    What does this post have to do with PCGS Set Registry?

Am I missing something?
  • Options
    Actually, this was one of the most educational and interesting posts on the board this week - thanks Paul image

Wondercoin
  • Options
    "What does this post have to do with PCGS Set Registry?"

One of the coins we're discussing is a pop 1/0 and one the top
    registry set owners would want to know about.
  • Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭

<< <i>Actually, this was one of the most educational and interesting posts on the board this week - thanks Paul >>

Agreed!

Thanks to Paul for the informative post. image

Thanks to Nick for promoting the hobby with a generous giveaway. image

Dan
  • Options
    Wow.. I missed out on a chance for a nice DIME?? I guess I'll have to start living on the board. image
    Dan
  • Options
    Paul, We all must of slept on that Monday, It was the day after father's day!
  • Options
    bushmaster8bushmaster8 Posts: 5,616

<< <i>What does this post have to do with PCGS Set Registry?

Am I missing something? >>

In case you missed it, the Set Registry forum has been renamed the Set Registry/ Roosie forum, since the Roosie guys are so instrumental in keeping the reg.forum lively.

Onlyroosies, in my experience, it is always Teletrade that groups the lots together in such a way. Unfortunately, the consignor has almost no control over that aspect. It's a real disservice TT offers, and as we see here, it can be very costly to the consignor when good coins get buried in a lot that is easily overlooked when skimming an auction.
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    Evidently I do not know my Roosies that well. I put a bid in on that lot with 1 minute to go at $250 and TT said that I would need to bump it to $260 because I tied the Max high bid. I only wanted to go $250 because of finances. I sometimes do not have what it takes to step up to the plate.

I'm still kicking myself for not buying that lot!

It will be different in the future.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

<< <i>Actually, this was one of the most educational and interesting posts on the board this week - thanks Paul image

Wondercoin >>

Wondercoin, I appreciate the very kind words. 99.9% of your comments are worth reading too.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Actually, this was one of the most educational and interesting posts on the board this week - thanks Paul image

Wondercoin >>

Wondercoin, I appreciate the very kind words. 99.9% of your comments are worth reading too.

Later, Paul. >>

I only understand about 99.9% of Mitch's comments and always assumed the rest was worth reading to everyone else.image
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    I had a snipe bid placed at $200 for the eBay coin
    just in case it went cheap. The program never got the opportunity to place the bid.

WHERE COULD A PERSON GET A PROGRAM THAT PLACES A SNIPE BID.??????????????
    LITTLEJOHN
  • Options
    LITTLEJOHN, Check out esnipe

Nick
  • Options
    HI
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
    LITTLE JOHN
  • Options
    Paul .. The same goes here. After two nice Roosie's I bought from Nick I'm shucked for awhile. But I did see the TT auction and noticed the deal. Wish now I had said something on the boards before they sold. Mitch could have had the one he needed, and maybe I could have talked him into holding that 72 for me. image
    Dan