Home U.S. Coin Forum

Goodbye Mr. President...

13»

Comments

• 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    >>

Lucy, I was not arguing that Reagan had accepted Jesus into his heart. I was arguing that Reagan was a lousy President. Those are two entirely different things. >>

Here is your exact qoute from your first response SS:

No offense Lucy, but I do not think that the King of Kings is going to be rolling out the red carpet.

Here you are in fact stating that Reagan did not accept Jesus Christ as saviour.

As your Catholic upbringing has taught you the "red carpet" is based on a merit basis.

If this be the case we all will not see a "red carpet" welcome.

Thanks be to GOD it is not on a merit basis but on a faith basis: of which Ronald reagan has many times testified of his faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. THEREFORE RONALD REAGAN DID INDEED RECEIVE A "RED CARPET" WELCOME.

Rom 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
    Rom 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ

Today, his family and friends (myself included) are comforted by the knowledge that Ronald Reagan is at peace (with GOD).
    And is enjoying the great benefits of his faith in Jesus Christ.

Until we meet in the clouds Ron--Enjoy the fruits of your faith. May God bless and keep you Nancy and your family.

SS, you would do wise to learn the truth of the Christian faith and one day may know a little of what Reagan knew.

KUDOS to you Lucy.
    You will always be tops in my book.

Rookie Joe

• ClausUrchClausUrch Posts: 1,278
    Keets:

When was the last time a Democrat left office and the Country has been "improved"?

Improved monetarily...

Improved spiritually...

Improved morally...

• razorface1027razorface1027 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭
    Go to the OPEN forum or whatever.

Which is where this thread should've been in the first place. No offense to Lucielle.image
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • ddbirdddbird Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭
    But you guys can make exceptions...she was just saying what she felt. She wanted it here, if she had wanted it on open, she would have put it there! I am truly shocked by the way some of you are behaving...Even if you disagree with what Lucy said, the day of his funeral was not the time for it. This discussion should have waited! Shame on all of you!
    Lucy, I apologize for the way people acted, keep writing what you feel.
    ~Dan~
  • MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Smoke more dope and watch Farenheit 911 backlit and silouhetted on a giant batique of Che so as to be able to view and understand Reality. >>

imageimageimage Very witty, Claus. Methinks Ronnie is smiling at that one!!

Mr. EG, please go to the Test Forum and figure out how to post your 'retorts' without italics.

• razorface1027razorface1027 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭
    No...Technically, if of course you care for technicalities, this should've been posted in the O.F. It had no bearing on coins. At least that's what I've been so informed by monitors and fellow board members to adhere to. This sad but true belief should pertain to all. JMO.image
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • mrearlygold, let me see someone really challenge that word "allowed".....If you have something to prove...then get out into the world and make your complaints known....You can make a difference if you really believe in yourself...you could have been born in some Third World country and not have the previledge of writting or having a say in your government....Yes we all are aware of the election in 2000...and yes I have to agree that there are many things in this country that are not right...BUT YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE if you believe in yoiurself and get out from behind this computer and do something about it....if you don't you may no longer be "allowed".
  • SarasotaFrankSarasotaFrank Posts: 1,625 ✭✭

<< <i>And by the way, did you ever think that it was because YOU were working 100 freakin' hours per week that you were succeeding? >>

hmmm, could SeattleSlammer possibly be this dense?

yup.

Point being, you made the comment that people can't jut pull themselves up with hard work.

Sure they can. I worked 100 a week in the formation of my buiness, and during the Reagan years built it to the point where I had 20 full time employees, all earning a better than decent living, with full benefits. In addition, the buiness that trickled down to our suppliers employed at least another twenty people at our subcontractor's plants, who in turn employed people at their suppliers plants, and so on. Of course through taxes we contributed to the local infrastructure as well.

Point being, If I can do it - anyone can. It's a matter of deire and willingness to work. I was, you are obviously not.

We all make our own choices.
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
    <<Point being, If I can do it - anyone can. It's a matter of deire and willingness to work. I was, you are obviously not.>>

Burned!
  • coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh oh...

Threats being made...

Wallstreetman would have been threating to sue me already!!! image

ROFL!!
  • JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I read your post yesterday Lucy, I was truly moved. After such a beautiful service for President Reagan, with our nation standing tall, I felt so proud to be an American. My respect for you Lucy has since doubled. You not only have class, you also have a heart as big as Texas. I am proud to know you even if only by name on these boards. Your friend-John
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"

• << <i>No offense Lucy, but I do not think that the King of Kings is going to be rolling out the red carpet.

Reagan did more to increase the gap between the haves and the have-nots than any President ever...though Dubbya is working on breaking that record.

Reagan did more to hurt social service funding for the poverty-stricken than any President ever....hey, THOSE people can always pull themselves up by their bootstraps if they really want to, right?

Reagan refused to even acknowledge the AIDS epidemic for years despite tens of thousands of American deaths...that simply would have been against what God had told him to do. BEWARE A PRESIDENT THAT INVOKES GOD TO JUSTIFY HIS ACTIONS. What does the Bible say about The Righteous, anyways?

There is so, so much more that Reagan did to leave the country worse off than he found it. Policy after policy aimed at corporate interests, environmental recklessness, inept foreign dealings, and blindness to racial issues. THIS IS A PRESIDENT WHO SUPPORTED APARTHIED. And pleeeease don't tell me that The Wall fell due to Reagan's masterful politics. Sure, he had some great sound bytes, but the administration had no clue that The Wall was coming down until CNN was broadcasting it to the World. I find it miraculous that so many are willing to worship his memory simply because he spoke with a compassionate tone and had nice hair.

This is a good link if you'd like to read a bit of the real story. There are thousands more that tell the truth. Perhaps the only good thing about Reagan in his later years, was that he did not have to remember his misdeeds. All of us should be so lucky.

I have compassion for his family in losing their husband/father/friend. But as a President, Reagan's policies were absolutely brutal to so many innocent people.....all under the guise of holy American idealism. Sure, if you're a big weekend golfer and you invest in stock portfolios, he was your man. But the King of Kings--at least according to my strict Catholic education--doesn't care much about how many points your hedge fund earned.

Just the smallest hint of the truth..... >>

WOW WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP!!!
    Michael
  • Lucy Thank You that was wonderfulimage
    Michael
  • SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joe,

Man o man have you gotten things all out of context now. When I wrote that the King of Kings would not be rolling out the carpet for Reagan, I was NOT saying that Reagan hadn't accepted Jesus into his life. My point here is that Reagan might be a wee bit surprised when he gets to the cloudy gates to discover that God doesn't take too kindly to screwing the poor under his name. Does that make sense to you now?

Do you truly believe that you can piss all over people your entire life and then, simply because you say God's your Man, there will be no consequences? Reagan conducted his Presidency with the notion that words spoke louder than actions.

I didn't say God won't be letting Ron in--just that He wouldn't be rolling out the red carpet and giving Ron a parade.

Sheesh.

In any case, this has really been a blast. So many fragile God-lovers out there in the coin realm.

SS
    Frank, please go back and re-read my initial statement on bootstraps. I was joking! It's called a sarcastic tone! Sheesh, subtlety is lost on you, Buddy.

It's not just a matter of WANTING to work. Believe it or not, some people actually have true disadvantages in this world that prevent them from working at all.

And then you make the massive leap to stating that I don't want to work. Huh? What?

This is like 3rd grade debate or something. Is everyone in Sarasota like this? Surely not. Surely there are people NOT as ignorant as you in Sarasota....right, Frank? Perhaps you can ask then to edit your replies from now on? It would really save you some embarassment in the long run.
    Crap, I gotta run again...and just when everyone was getting reheated.......

Well I saw our buddy SS had come back so i decided to check it out...and sure enough

Believe it or not, some people actually have true disadvantages in this world that prevent them from working at all.

Yeah, my aunt. Shes done alot of drugs, and claims to have many medical issues..so she doesnt work, but no worries, your tax dollars go right to her to help her out. Shes very intelligent, and IS capable of working. In realality, most of the people that dont work, dont work becuase they know bad presidents will send them money! At my job, there are alot of people who should not have to work, but still do to try and make money! They should get the money.
  • LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭

<< <i>When I read your post yesterday Lucy, I was truly moved. After such a beautiful service for President Reagan, with our nation standing tall, I felt so proud to be an American. My respect for you Lucy has since doubled. You not only have class, you also have a heart as big as Texas. I am proud to know you even if only by name on these boards. Your friend-John >>

I want to thank everyone for their kind words..... I also want to thank those that disagreed but choose not to polute this thread...

When I started it, the post came from my heart...... And like the above remark reads, I found myself proud, very proud, to be a
    American. I was proud of all the very sharply squared away service men whom must have felt a great honor in carrying the Presidents
    casket.....

Those kids will have a memory that they can share for the rest of their lives, and I was also very moved when the pastor spoke at the Funeral in California, and when the Riflemen fired off a 21 gun solute....

The events were very historic......

Now my heart is with Nancy... Ronald was her life... Now.... a part of her being is gone.....
    Be strong Kitty, and you'll be with Ronnie again one day.....
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • clw54clw54 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭
    Nancy was robbed of ten years with Ronnie. They should have had many years to share after his retirement, but unfortunately that time was cut short by his illness. She stayed by his side during that time. She's a class act all the way. I feel for her.
  • SarasotaFrankSarasotaFrank Posts: 1,625 ✭✭

<< <i>Frank, please go back and re-read my initial statement on bootstraps. I was joking! It's called a sarcastic tone! Sheesh, subtlety is lost on you, Buddy. >>

My sons eleven year old friends do that too - when they get busted from saying something incredibly stupid they exclaim "I was joking!"

are you eleven too?

<< <i>This is like 3rd grade debate or something. >>

see my point above - third graders are usually seven or eight, but they probably rely on the "joking" out a well.

<< <i> Is everyone in Sarasota like this? >>

actually, Sarasota is a locale dominated by Republican conservatives. Of 42 elected offices in the county, 41 are held by Republican conservatives who are hard working folks. The one office we don't run a candidate for is Tax Collector. That one will alway be held by a democrat.

ps: stop pming me. You have nothing of any substance to say.

edited to fix the places were the "s" didn't show up. Gotta get a new keyboard.
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • clw54clw54 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭
    He PMd me once and I blocked him. Only block I have.

120+ replies. My work is done here.

• 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Joe,

Man o man have you gotten things all out of context now. When I wrote that the King of Kings would not be rolling out the carpet for Reagan, I was NOT saying that Reagan hadn't accepted Jesus into his life. My point here is that Reagan might be a wee bit surprised when he gets to the cloudy gates to discover that God doesn't take too kindly to screwing the poor under his name. Does that make sense to you now?

SS >>

NO this doesn't make any sense to me. As I stated all believers have peace with God because their sins are ALL forgiven.

Do you truly believe that you can piss all over people your entire life and then, simply because you say God's your Man, there will be no consequences? Reagan conducted his Presidency with the notion that words spoke louder than actions.

Psa 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, [so] far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
    God does not put on our record any sins because of our faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.

<< <i>I didn't say God won't be letting Ron in--just that He wouldn't be rolling out the red carpet and giving Ron a parade.

<< <i>

As I stated their will be a "red carpet" reception because one of God's children is coming home.
    He will not be received as a sinner but as a redeemed son of God.

Joe

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is a prime example of why it's better to handle trolls the way they do across the street - "Three strikes and you're out." Or if you do something really stinky it's a game misconduct to put it in hockey terms.

<< <i>May he rest in peace.

The guy was doing that for YEARS before he expired.

(slightly nasty but he really was THAT bad) >>

No true liberal, who really cares about people, would make a joke about a person who suffered from Alzheimer’s disease. This series of posts were written to incite anger and displeasure among those who admired Ronald Reagan, period. It had nothing to do with developing an objective summary of the former president’s life.

Lucy, you have never had too much nice to say to me in the past, but this time you fought the good fight. I commend you. image
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • It was a very touching service i cryed during it the way the kids spoke about there dad was very touching.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file