Home U.S. Coin Forum

Gold's down another $6

CoulportCoulport Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
Do I buy now or wait?
Decisions, decisions.

Guess I could always average down.
The most money I made are on coins I haven't sold.

Got quoins?

Comments

• mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    Now down 8 bucks ( ish)

Whew

TP
  • ERER Posts: 7,345
    WOO HOO!!!!!!

TP
  • PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭
    imageimage
  • Tough times.

Also two draft bills are pending: HR 163 and S 89

HR 163 & S 89
  • fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭

Neat little panic at market open this morning! I'm proud to say I did my part to make it all better...image

Helped some Nasdaq investors feel better too.... image

• What on earth do we need a draft for?
    I heard they were making a French version of Medal of Honor. I wonder how many hotkeys it'll have for "surrender."
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,878 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GOOD!

When gold hits speculative levels for the bullion, it drives the prices up on collector grade type coins. During these periods I have to tell my customers who are working on their 8 or 12 piece type sets that they had best “cool it” if they don’t want to lose money on items like the St. Gaudens $20 gold.

It’s been said, “Make money with your arse. Buy land and sit on it.” The precious metals markets do not work that way. The idea is to buy low and sell high. And when billion prices are high SELL if you want to make money OR avoid losing money.

Isn’t it amazing how people will flock to buy gold when the price is at a two or three year high, and yet totally avoid it when it is at a low from a similar time period? It’s one of the reasons why investment counselors steer people away from gold. They are not rational about their purchases most of the time.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • poorguypoorguy Posts: 4,317
    Could this be the result of folks cashing in on gold and silver's rise?
    Brandon Kelley - ANA - 972.746.9193 - http://www.bestofyesterdaycollectibles.com
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,878 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep! SILVER!!!!

The next opportunity to lower your net worth! image
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Ah, but Bill, it's an "expected correction" and will only be "temporary". image

Russ, NCNE
  • fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭

Well this is just Neat! A 10% profit in 3 hours............. I just may go fishing for free this weekend.

And, I think I'll listen to Bill and wait before buying any eagles............

• << <i>Could this be the result of folks cashing in on gold and silver's rise? >>

Nope, it's the short sellers doing their thing. Russ, I'm at a loss as to how a commodity whose demand is stable and supply is shrinking can stay low forever, but oh well image

End the manipulation and prices will rise. Until then it IS speculation. The fundamentals are sound, but too many people with deep pockets have too much to lose if silver prices go up.
    I heard they were making a French version of Medal of Honor. I wonder how many hotkeys it'll have for "surrender."
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Russ, I'm at a loss as to how a commodity whose demand is stable and supply is shrinking can stay low forever, but oh well >>

If demand were actually stable, and if supply were actually shrinking, I'd agree. There is no such thing as stable demand in commodities; it goes up, it goes down at the whim of the most powerful force of all - psychology. As for the fallacy of shrinking supply; if history has taught us anything it is that once price reaches a certain level, supply is suddenly found and expanded.

Russ, NCNE

• If demand were actually stable, and if supply were actually shrinking, I'd agree. There is no such thing as stable demand in commodities; it goes up, it goes down at the whim of the most powerful force of all - psychology. As for the fallacy of shrinking supply; if history has taught us anything it is that once price reaches a certain level, supply is suddenly found and expanded

I guess one could say the same thing about currency - especially the US dollar.

:-)

Don't look at kitco tonight if you are a fan of fiat currency...
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must have different charts than everyone else. Kitco is showing a $4 climb up...and staying there as of 22:17 NY time. That was 6 minutes ago.

Isn’t it amazing how people will flock to buy gold when the price is at a two or three year high, and yet totally avoid it when it is at a low from a similar time period? It’s one of the reasons why investment counselors steer people away from gold. They are not rational about their purchases most of the time.

Bill, you can use this same logic for stocks, tech stocks, real estate, etc. Market psychology drives all those the same way. Human nature is driven by emotions (lust, greed, etc.). Every market cycles on this. Coins too. Boom to bust. And with the extra credit the FED has supplied to us in the past few years, it is even more acute.

roadrunner

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • orevilleoreville Posts: 11,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noticed that is is an old thread.

On April 14, 2004 gold closed in NY at $399.10.

Tonight it is around $422 to $428 range.

Gold is behaving very well.
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sure enough Oreville. It was resurrected at just the "wrong" time
    to bring us into a time space contiuum singularity. We could have lost the whole enchalida had the contiuum been breached.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • If you are worried about a $ 6 move you should rethink your position as well as the level of risk you are comfortable with......

<< <i>What on earth do we need a draft for? >>

For "freedom".

Tom

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file