Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

HOLY Retail Heritage Bust

Im in the middle of busting now...2 29.99 retail boxes...holy cow...3rd pack was a Pujols/Musial
dual jersey numbered to 55!!!! I love this stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin

Comments

• Options
    STILL can't find any Heritage retail. Three Targets, Three Wal-Marts and one K-Mart and still no Heritage! The only Heritage to be found as of yet, and we have been checking every day, is the Bowman Heritage. So much of that around here in retail that it's CLOGGING the shelves!
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kevin
    That is FANtastic - since you found some retail - I sent you an email - I'll keep it on hold till you collate. Good luck.
    Mikeimage
    Mike
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    this was amazing. these boxes were loaded!

box 1:

12 packs

11 SP's
    2 Then and Nows
    Flashback
    New Age
    Pujols/Musial Jersey /55
    2 chromes

Box 2

11 SP's
    1 Flashback
    1 TN
    1 New Age
    2 chromes

I was supposed to get only 12 short prints but got 22!!! Chromes 1:7 I pull 4!!! Inserts better than
    advertised too. If this is the norm holy cow! I might have to go back out tonight and hit some other
    wal marts.

Kevin
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    JOE - How 'bout a scan of the Stan/Albert dual jersey...jay
  • Options
    Hi,

This is my first post and I have a question, how do you know which cards are short prints. I did not find the info on Topps' website.

Thanks,
    Brent
    Collecting:
    Bo Jackson Basic(#1) and Master(#1)
    Bob Feller Basic(#4)
    Sam McDowell Basic(#1)
    2004 Cracker Jack Master

My Ebay Store
  • Options
    Here you go sp list
  • Options
    Thanks a lot.

Brent
    Collecting:
    Bob Feller Basic(#4)
    Sam McDowell Basic(#1)
    2004 Cracker Jack Master

My Ebay Store
  • Options
    I had to run to Wal-mart for a different errand. I looked and saw they had 3 open boxes of the Topps Heritage product. 1 box looked fresh 20 neatly stacked packs, the other 2 had about 50% remaining in them. I had the clerk check the price for me, $2.97 a pack or $60 a box. That seemed a bit much to go "retail" fishing so I passed, but they are still there and I hear them calling me : ) JS, had a great pull, anyone else have thoughts on this product?

BTW, I am a newbie, I was hoping my first post would be something more interesting and thought provoking, but this is it. LOL!!!

One thing I have noticed, this board is full of knowledge and some really enteraining and informative threads, much more than the "other" board I looked at (Which seemed to have a bunch of kids on it). I look forward to sharing my thoughts and hopefully some lucky pulls as I enjoy yours as well. I am trying to get back into the hobby on a limited basis, too much product and too much $$$ for my blood, besides my DLP is sitting on the showroom floor and is waiting for me to buy it. So for the time being I will focus on a few select players (graded, of course) to collect and pop some unopened stuff as I can get it. Just my .02
    Collecting Interests:
    Ripken, Brooks & Frank Robinson, Old Orioles, Sweet Spot Autos, older Redskins - Riggins, Sonny, Baugh etc and anything that catches my eye. image

My ghetto sportscard webpage...All Scans - No Lists!!! Stinky Linky
  • Options
    Chip

Welcome! This is a great place to be, there are many heritage collectors here and that makes it
    easier to compete sets. Do you happen to have the Helton variation yet? It seems like that is
    super short printed.

This years DLP was amazing! I pulled 4 Delmon Young autos, the most plentiful one numbered to
    just 75. 2 autos a box is amazing, many of these guys are bigtime prospects. I was lucky
    enough to pull the mirror black Ichiro out of leaf certified....the rookies are also in DLP...maybe
    in your boxes! LOL

Those packs are tempting, but you will have a better chance at the GU too if you buy the sealed boxes..
    I know I never would of had a crack at that Pujols/Musial card if it wasn't a sealed box...however
    the autos can't be searched so that is good.

Well, I look forward to future posts and maybe some good football smack in September? The redskins
    are making some moves!

Kevin
  • Options
    Man, I've checked 3 local K-Marts and a Wal-Mart and no luck on packs or retail boxes. I'm hoping we're just slow to get them.

Steve
  • Options
    Steve

Thanks again for the cards, I owe you. I have only seen them at walmart, I have heard people
    getting them at target but I haven't seen any. Kmart is a no show, but from previous years when
    they get it in they get in a lot.

Kevin
  • Options
    Hi, my net has been out all night
    Kevin - I got 2 retail boxes at Target today - as you said lots of SP's and pulled a Black Chrome Foo (#43/55) - overall pretty good - ya gotta get there before the hawks which is really hard
    70Chip - a hearty welcome - I think you will be happy here - a lot of help on products, info on collecting, RC updates, something for the collector, speculator etc. Good luck.
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Mike
    i noticed you saying your net has been out all night?? my has also i am using aol tonite my ie browser has been shot all night. same for you?
  • Options
    Chris
    No, had road runner do a trouble shoot - cable out in my area - was glad to see it up - want to get onto my selection for baseball team - so - Target does have Heritage - what do you think - is the product hot enough to have kids runnin all over town for it - ya know back in 92 people went crazy for fleer ultra BB - and when fleer ultra shaq hit, it was crazy at Sams - by the way when did sams stop carrying cards?
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    I got a 24 pack box at Walmart yesterday. I pulled...

CCR-RJ Randy Johnson Game worn Jersey
    THC22 Pedro Martinez 554/555
    THC25 Austin Kearns 775/1955
    THC32 Jeff Bagwell 731/1955
    THC44 Luis Gonzalez 750/1955
    THC48 Esteban Loaiza 446/1955
    NAP13 Gary "BALCO" Sheffield
    NAP14 Vlad Guerrero
    TN1 Mays/Thome
    TN2 Kaline/Pujols
    F8 Herb Score
    F9 Whitey Ford
    6 Short prints including Sosa
    ARod and of course The Big Hurt

This is the most fun I've had searching for and opening cards since the 1987 Fleer came out. Let the games continue.

Brent
    Collecting:
    Bob Feller Basic(#4)
    Sam McDowell Basic(#1)
    2004 Cracker Jack Master

My Ebay Store
  • Options
    Bighurt4
    I pulled a Thomas THC8 149/555
    Consider a trade?
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Mike,

Absolutely, what are you interested in?

Brent
    Collecting:
    Bob Feller Basic(#4)
    Sam McDowell Basic(#1)
    2004 Cracker Jack Master

My Ebay Store
  • Options
    Are you collecting the 03 Bowman Heritage? I'm collecting the auto's and even have a couple of Hardens to trade for.
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Actually, this is the first year I have opened packs since '90. I have the regular issue Topps and Heritage. I am buying Ryan's for my Master Set when they are at the "right" price.
    Collecting:
    Bob Feller Basic(#4)
    Sam McDowell Basic(#1)
    2004 Cracker Jack Master

My Ebay Store
  • Options
    Bighurt4
    Sorry, as I said earlier, my net was down, I missed the fact that two new people posted tonite - welcome and I think that you will also get a lot of this board - it's been the best place for me - I've been collecting continuously for about the same years you've been around and I'm new to San Antonio and have no hobby connection here - this has given me a place to talk, ask questions and make friends. No hurry on the trade - that card isn't going anywhere - the 04 Heritage set is going to be hard to fill w/o help which you can get here - I have traded with John Basilone, recently sent some cards to Kevin Joe Stalin and have a really nice relationship with Chris "Kuhlmann" - he has a shop in Ga. and will be very helpful to you. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to email or PM me. As I've told Ron and Chelle - I'm not the smartest guy on the block but I make it up in desire - I like to help others get something out of this great madness we call a hobby. My newest venture is game used modern bats - and on the vintage side - I collect HofFame examples in PSA 8 of 57 to whenever - that is what I can afford. Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    man my target is slacking! Those have been the money boxes for me the past few years. Im hoping
    I can pull an auto from there...I have pulled only two this year and both have been Newcombe! Whats
    the odds of that?

Hey quick question to all you heritage buffs...check your Edgar Martinez cards (#219) this year...is the
    back off-centered on all of your cards too? There is another card with surface UFO's on it too,Ill have
    to find it.

Kevin
  • Options
    Hello,

Do any of you guys live in Virginia? Because I can not find any Heritage anywhere. Two Targets,one Walmart and Toys-r-us and still none to be found. Oh Well I will just keep looking.
    looking for Mantle,Munson,Big Klu
  • Options
    Troy, where in VA do you live? I live in Charlottesville, but I haven't had a chance to check out Wal Mart yet.
    Looking for low #'d 2006 Marques Hagans + 1991 Wild Card stripes of UVA players - Tony Covington, Shawn Moore, Herman Moore
  • Options
    I live in the Woodbridge Area. (Northern Virginia). I have had no luck yet.

Troy
    looking for Mantle,Munson,Big Klu
  • Options
    I stopped by my Target this AM (Bel Air, MD) and they had about 6 boxes of Topps Heritage opened up. I just picked up 4 packs. I pulled a Manny Ramirez SP, Mike MacDougal SP, Willie Mays #F5 and a Rickie Weeks Retrofactor #THC60. I'm not up on these yet....anything good there?
  • Options
    AknotAknot Posts: 1,196 ✭✭

<< <i>I live in the Woodbridge Area. (Northern Virginia). I have had no luck yet.

Troy >>

STAY AWAY FROM THE NEW TARGET IN MY AREA!!!!!

Im trying to go today........Wife is not liking the idea.

**EDIT** I live in NVA also...
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

If any of you guys want to get rid any of your Heritage extras and not list them card for card on eBay and are willing to sell at a good price...here are the cards I still need. My email address is below.

Topps Heritage 2004 Set

Base Set

1 Jim Thome (Swinging Pose) SP
    2 Nomar Garciaparra SP
    10 Jason Giambi (Batting Pose) SP
    85 Rodney Choy Foo (Old Logo) SP
    92 Matt Creighton SP
    117 Pat Burrell (Old Logo) SP
    120 Frank Thomas (Old Logo) SP
    123 Zach Miner SP
    194 Rich Aurilia SP
    198 Jorge Posada SP
    200 Albert Pujols (Old Logo) SP
    210 Shawn Green SP
    213 Brandon Webb (Glove in Air) SP
    250 Alfonso Soriano (Fielding) SP
    342 Barry Zito (Green Jersey) SP
    361 Ryan Wagner (Old Logo) SP

SHORT PRINT SET
    399 Byung Hyun Kim
    402 Garret Anderson
    403 Kyle Sleeth
    410 Dontrelle Willis
    412 Russell Branyan
    416 Ivan Rodriguez
    419 Brian Jordan
    420 Scott Podsednik
    423 Brad Wilkerson
    425 Derek Jeter
    429 Phil Nevin
    432 Bo Hart
    433 Josh Labandeira
    434 Chan Ho Park
    435 Carlos Delgado
    436 Curt Schilling
    438 Luis Matos
    439 Mark Prior
    440 Roberto Alomar
    441 Coco Crisp
    443 Larry Walker
    445 Jeff Bagwell
    446 Adrian Beltre
    447 Grady Sizemore
    452 Melvin Mora
    454 Jose Valentin
    455 Ken Griffey Jr.
    456 Brandon Phillips
    460 Miguel Batista
    462 Kevin Millar
    463 Bartolo Colon
    466 Rickie Weeks
    467 Brad Penny
    468 Mike McDougal
    472 Mariano Rivera
    473 Mike Piazza
    475 Edgar Renteria

Flashbacks
    F2 Johnny Podres
    F10 Robin Roberts

New Age Performers
    NAP1 Jason Giambi
    NAP2 Ichiro
    NAP5 Albert Pujols
    NAP6 Nomar Garciaparra
    NAP7 Mark Prior
    NAP9 Sammy Sosa
    NAP13 Gary Sheffield
    NAP14 Vladimir Guerrerro
  • Options
    John
    I'm just going to put the base set together - not the parallel SP's - let me see what I have if you would like - just for future trade - that OK?
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Basilone,

I have 7 on that list that you need/want:

As I am new to the boards how do/would we handle this?
    *** Well first I would READ HIS POST and then send an email.... image
  • Options
    Wow, thanks for the information on retail Topps heritage. I had no idea that they put good stuff in retail packs. I think I'm gonna go raid my local Target and Walmart down here in GA. Brian
  • Options
    Just picked up two retail boxes at Wal Mart. JS you were right on. 22 packs and 22 sps. Also pulled a Harry Perkowski blue auto. Anybody want some gum.
  • Options
    I bought 2 boxes as well for 29.99 each and I noticed that the pack I got my GU bat in was a lot thicker then the others very easy to spot, it also gave me 8 regular cards in that pack so a total of 9 in that pack, is that normal?

Here are my non base pulls, let me know how I did, doesn't look too special.

Inserts:

Rolen GU Bat CCR-SRB
    Piazza THC37 024/555
    Todd Self THC88 765/1955
    Rickie Weeks THC88 765/1955, weird that both of them are the same numbers

New Age: Soriano, Delgago
    T&N: Mays/Thome, Newcombe/Santana
    Flashbacks: Herb Score

SP's
    4 Palmeiro
    8 Dmitri Young
    30 Dunn
    180 Manny Ramirez
    182 Alou
    200 Pujols
    411 Ryan Harvey
    416 Pudge
    421 Omar Falcon
    425 Jeter
    427 Byrd
    430 Snow
    438 Matos
    451 Furcal
    458 Edwin Jackson
    459 Owens
    463 Colon
    465 Sabathia
    467 Penny x2
    468 Mcdougal
    472 Mariano Rivera
  • Options
    This SUCKS! I've been checking for about a week now and STILL no retail Heritage at 3 Targets, 3 Walmarts and a Kmart.
  • Options
    It is because you are not using my sig file!!!

• Options
    AKNOT,
    Check your PM's. Sorry, must have signed off last night before getting the one you sent.
  • Options
    Just jerking your chain... image Saw the PM AFTER I left this message. Check YOUR PMS.. image
  • Options
    I went out tonight to look for retail boxes - the first time I've actually gone out wanting to buy new packs in over a decade. You guys are such a bad influence. image

Didn't find any retail boxes, but found a regular box at a retail establishment (Meijer's) and thought I'd share the results.

14 SP (including Ichiro, Arod, & Frank Thomas)
    3 T&N
    1 New Age
    1 Flashback
    Giambi (THC16 1688/1955)
    Schilling (THC42 1302/1955)
    Hunter (THC53 1522/1955)
    Ballouli (THC91 348/555)
    and...

Killebrew autograph image

That was fun. Now I want to find the 29.99 retail boxes. image

Just Morrie,
    Collector of Cards
  • Options
    I just picked up 14 packs of Heritage at Walmart, opening now with an adult beverage and Adema playing in the background. Does it get better than this? (When girlfriend is asleepimage)

Brent
    Collecting:
    Bob Feller Basic(#4)
    Sam McDowell Basic(#1)
    2004 Cracker Jack Master

My Ebay Store
  • Options
    Well the packs are open and sprawled all over my desk.

13 SP's including Arod and the Big Hurt
    Vlad Guerrero 720/1955
    TN4 Roberts/Halladay
    F9 Whitey Ford
    A great time

Brent
    Collecting:
    Bob Feller Basic(#4)
    Sam McDowell Basic(#1)
    2004 Cracker Jack Master

My Ebay Store
  • Options
    FINALLY! I made a second trip to Target today and BINGO there was Heritage. I bought the only two 29.99 boxes they had and I bought a box of individual packs. Man these things are loaded.

29.99 Box #1
    Topps Legends AUTO Boog Powell
    1 Chrome and 1 Retrofractor
    1 T&N and 1 N.A.
    11 SPs including Sosa, Wood and Bagwell

2 Chrome
    1 T&N
    11 SPs including Jeter, Manny and Mariano

26 Individual packs
    1 Black Chrome Tim Stauffer #/55
    3 Chromes including Griffey and Piazza
    1 T&N, 2 NA and 2 Flashbacks
    13 SPs including Griffey and Bagwell
  • Options
    OK this is all well and good but I count 3 or 4 boxes that have pulled a FT or Arod SP. Are "we" just getting lucky? What does Shortprint in Heritage cards mean? Also does someone have a link to a description of this product listing the SP's etc.

Thanks
  • Options
    I'm not sure. I used the link from earlier in this thread to determine the SPs; only some of the Arods & FT's are SPs - according to the list on Beckett's website, the Arod I got was the SP version, as was the FT.

Anyone else can scroll back up to double-check the list.

Question about some of the SPs - some of them refer to shirt color. Is that shirt color in the foreground (headshot) or shirt color in the full-body shot?

Just Morrie
    Collector of Cards
  • Options
    The shirt color for the SPs refers to the action shot.
  • Options
    I am addicted to this stuff now. I bought another 3 retail boxes today and 28 additional packs. I pulled around an SP per pack, an Aubrey Huff auto, chavez game used jersey, and the other typical inserts, nothing too great.

I need help completing the set though and have a couple hundred doubles, if anyone is in the same position PM me.
  • Options
    Man I go away for the weekend and suddenly everyone here is busting this stuff! Its awesome! In
    case you didn't know last years product picked up set of the year as voted on by the hobby dealers. Beckett
    will have their awards soon and Im sure they will win that too.

I have been monitoring one of each Kmart, Walmart and Target. So far nothing. I little tip for some of
    you....

this stuff will sell out quick..if I might suggest buying this stuff over time, as it can get expensive to buy
    10 boxes of this stuff at a time. Hide some! the pillow section works well. No one will find it for a while
    and you can always come back.

Im amazed how many autos have been pulled here! Those odds were supposed to be 1:230 which is
    every 20th box. I really think these are loaded. If you have them in your area BUY THEM..or at least
    hide them for later. The short prints will book minimum 5 dollar a piece and you get 55 dollars
    worth in one 30 dollar box not to mention chromes, autos and GU!

Is anyone else displaying these in a binder? I usually take a pack and cut out of the front of it the
    heritage logo and tape that to the binder of a 2 inch binder...it looks like of cool. I also keep one
    pack unopened and put that with the sets. Actually the 2002 and 2003 sets you can put in an
    1 and one half inch binder, but 01 and 04 you need a 2 inch.

Im still on the look out for a back-centered Edgar Martinez...check your cards! Anyone pull the Helton
    short print yet? I think it is the hardest card to find.

Keep the busts coming!

Kevin
  • Options
    Kevin
    What number is the Helton - did you get my package yet?
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Stone...no not yet but Im sure anytime! The Helton is card #70, specifically we are looking for the
    Helton with the purple jersey on the small figure. Note that the none sp could look purplish, but the
    little jersey is solid purple. Also note that the big jersey is ALWAYS purple, so don't get confused.

Kevin
  • Options
    I will have a ton of dupes this weekend, I will post what I have and need Friday or Saturday.

As far as the FT and Arod cards, I have the SP and regular. How shortprinted they were, I don't know but there are 2 varieties.

Brent
    Collecting:
    Bob Feller Basic(#4)
    Sam McDowell Basic(#1)
    2004 Cracker Jack Master

My Ebay Store
  • Options
    I'm keeping my master set in 2 Ultra Pro binders. I also have a box where I carefully slit the factory seal on...opened it up...opened all the packs neatly and put them back in the box with the plastic wrapping, with a box topper wrapper and some gum.

So it basically looks like a factory sealed box (in the plastic wrap) which goes well with my set.

• Options
    Joe,

I do have the Helton SP. I didn't know there was a problem with the Edgar. The only one I have has about 80/20 centering on the back. Is that what you were talking about?

Steve