Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Poll re: Registry Sets

How many PCGS Registry sets do you have registered?

Comments

• Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

I have 30 total when you click on View Other Sets, but 21 of them have been retired so only 9 are active now (but I voted more than 12)
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    lclugzalclugza Posts: 568 ✭✭
    Absolutely none! Zero!
    image"Darkside" gold
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,761 ✭✭✭✭
    Nada!
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    5 @ PCGS
    6 @ NGC
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    Proud to have none!
  • Options
    MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    I have one. PCGS proof Ikes. It will most likely be the only one I'll ever haveimage
  • Options
    100% on modern proof
    Working on completing 2 cent mint
    Having fun with various type sets
    Robert Getty - Lifetime project to complete the finest collection of 1872 dated coins.
  • Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 3, all Eisenhower circulation strikes - one in the varieties, and two in the Basic Eisenhower Sets.
  • Options
    khaysekhayse Posts: 1,336
    4 registered. 5 not.

-KHayse
  • Options
    Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    I have one, Lincoln cent circulation strikes 1909-1959...

I love that set!!

Dennis
  • Options
    Here are my registered sets thus far:

1. Morgan Dollars, Basic Set Circulation Strikes, 91.75% Complete, 40.18 Set Rating (NOTE: Several not graded yet.)
    2. Peace Dollars, Circulation Strikes, 33.33% Complete, 12.84 Set Rating
    3. Eisenhower Dollars Basic Set, Circulation Strikes, 100% Complete, 64.87 Set Rating
    4. Eisenhower Dollars with Varieties, Circulation Strikes, 95.65% Complete, 59.41 Set Rating
    5. Eisenhower Dollars, Proof, 100% Complete, 68.20 Set Rating
    6. Susan B. Anthony Dollars, Proof, 33.33% Complete, 13.80 Set Rating
    7. Sacagawea Dollars, Circulation Strikes, 90.00% Complete, 54.06 Set Rating (NOTE: My Goodacre is not counted.)
    8. Sacagawea Dollars, Proof, 100% Complete, 69.00 Set Rating
    9. Carson City Morgan Dollars, Circulation Strikes, 76.92% Complete, 21.62 Set Rating
    10. Early S Mint Dollars Short Set, Circulation Strikes, 100% Complete, 64.00 Set Rating
    11. Morgan Dollar Mintmark Type Set, Circulation Strikes, 100% Complete, 63.75 Set Rating
    12. Silver Eagles, Circulation Strikes, 55.56% Complete, 36.75 Set Rating

Here is what I plan to add:

1. Susan B. Anthony Dollars, Circulation Strikes
    2. Silver Eagles, Proof
    Author of MrKelso's official cheat thread words of wisdom on 5/30/04. image
    imageimage
    Check out a Vanguard Roth IRA.
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm working on all of the circulating modern sets except the sacs but none are registered yet. Will probably start the sacs in a couple years. ...and I might do a proof set or two.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Only one. And will be almost impossible to complete. image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    prooflikeprooflike Posts: 3,879 ✭✭
    Wow, look at the number of people without any registry sets, and there I thought they were a popular concept!

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least 408 registry sets among the 115 who responded. Of course this would be
    higher than the general population.image
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, look at the number of people without any registry sets, and there I thought they were a popular concept!

I wouldn't post one of my sets until it was very well along its way. None of my collections are at that point yet. But it makes me wonder how many people are out there in the same boat: They like the Registry concept but their collections are not yet ready to post. If that's a common situation, the future for this form of collecting may be bright indeed. (That doesn't necessarily make "registry collecting" a good investment, by the way.)
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I said none, and that is true, yet.

I may someday register a complete type set with gold, and it would go top 20, maybe top 10 right away.

.... that is, after I paid the thirty bucks per coin, ouch!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    Sorry, I voted 3-4 sets but I didnt realize you meant registered.

I have none regitered but Im working on three.
    GottaGetCoins

Currently attempting the 12 Coin US Gold Type Set and the 20th Century US Major Coin Type Set. Completed a Franklin Half Proof Set.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have three registry sets, but they are all "across the street." The reason is that I have both NGC and PCGS coins and since only PCGS can be entered here, it's not worth my time.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    << I wouldn't post one of my sets until it was very well along its way. None of my collections are at that point yet. But it makes me wonder how many people are out there in the same boat: They like the Registry concept but their collections are not yet ready to post. If that's a common situation, the future for this form of collecting may be bright indeed. (That doesn't necessarily make "registry collecting" a good investment, by the way.) >>

I'd like to make a few points here from a pure collector's perspective. Registry sets are a fantastic way of collecting because you can track your progress and see how your sets compare against other people. Registry sets that are only a single coin large should be logged because they encourage collecting and completion with specific goals. Also, as a pure collector, I personally don't care about the investment aspect, so "registry collecting" is a pure hobby to me. image
    Author of MrKelso's official cheat thread words of wisdom on 5/30/04. image
    imageimage
    Check out a Vanguard Roth IRA.
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can list one war nickel in 13 sets. I have 9 sets listed, but can increase it by 12 by listing my War nickels in the other sets they can be in as well as multiple Morgan sets (with my 2 Morgans) and the Modern Commem sets with my 1 commem.

Should be able to have 24+ sets without buying another coin.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    Registry sets are a fantastic way of collecting because you can track your progress and see how your sets compare against other people.

You can do the same without registering your set. But don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from registering their set early. I'm only pointing out that there may be many more people like me that will post their sets only after achieving more notable progress. The potential size of the Registry community may be larger than you think.
    Andy Lustig

• Options
    bozboz Posts: 1,405

<< <i>there may be many more people like me that will post their sets only after achieving more notable progress. >>

What is your/their reasoning behind this? What difference does it make when the set is registered?
    The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it--James Truslow Adams
  • Options
    What is your/their reasoning behind this? What difference does it make when the set is registered?

I'd have two reasons for posting a set:

The first is ego. In my case, I don't have enough coins in my sets to justify boasting.

The second is to advertise that I'm in the market for the missing coins. In my case, there's no need to advertise because there are so many holes in the sets that I'm having no trouble spending enough money to keep myself broke. That will change when I get closer to completion.
    Andy Lustig

• Options
    You can fool man but you can't fool God! He knows why you do what you do!
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just deleted my last one, a few minutes ago.

If they ever do a basic type set for 19th and 20th century nongold coins, I might play.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    What really blows my mind is someone that has a set at or near the top of the heap of a particular set, but has sold the set to someone else over a year ago only if they promise not to register it so he can keep his current status at the top!image Talk about an ego!!!image
  • Options
    My daughter and I have five sets, but only the '09-58 circ Lincolns are a true set. The other four I registered to keep track of odds and ends!

Mike
    Coppernicus

Lincoln Wheats (1909 - 1958) Basic Set - Always Interested in Upgrading!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file