Options

THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT...

J.C.

imageimageSee ya on the other side, Dudes. image

Comments

• Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL, I like the customer complaint department.image
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options

Funny, timely, filled with wisdom and a joy for the whole family.

I would love to see somebody walkup to Crap-u-slab's customer service rep and say "Mister, I don't think this coin is really a 64!"

I'd pay money for that pleasure.

Well done, Twodogs.

Clankeye
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • Options
    Some hilarious sh*t in there, but that font is a killer on the eyes.

"Q: Isn't that a conflict of interest?
    A: I'm interested in making money, therefore, no conflict."

Love it. image
  • Options
    image,,,,," 115% restocking fee". image, image
  • Options
    LOL. That is a great auction. Maybe it will be able to help steer people away from the other fake grading services that are being made with the CoinWorld holders.image
  • Options
    I think some Hillbilly must have bid on that one. image

• Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW, care to reveal the reserve?
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    JC you are a f&*^%ing riot!imageimageimage
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭
    What is "Crap-U-Slab's" turnaround time?

If there is a TV or telemarketer interested in having coins slabbed, is there a massive bulk discount?

Is it true that "Crap-U-Slab" gets and slabs so much AT, that it tends to reject NT coins because their grader forgot what the real thing looks like?
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    I got a bunion collection. Should I use plasters on them, or have them slabbed?
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    Crack it and dip it! image
    Estragon: I can't go on like this.
    Vladimir: That's what you think.
    - Samuel Beckett, Waiting For Godot
  • Options
    Hahahahahaaahhaaaa!

I'm still laughing!

That has made my evening.
  • Options
    I put it in the featured items for good coverage. I'm hoping that many, many newbies see it and realize that all that stuff out there in SGS and other people's slabs is nothing but garbage.

If I can get the word out...it's worth the $25 bucks or so listing fee.

$99.99 is the reserve.
    J.C.
    *******************************************************************************

• Options
    Hehe, good job TWODOGS! That's hilarious!!! image Glad I found people to tell me to stay away from the craptacular slabbers early on, before I ever bought a plastic... Hey, I know, you're "Telemarketer Bulk Submission Special" Could just be called the "Craptacular Service" imageimage
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    Twodogs. I want a crap-u-slab. Could I send you a crap coin for you to overgrade and slab.

I love it. I want one. I would but this one but it is very high priced crap. I need cheaper crap.

Dave
    In Laurel
    MD

Just a fist full of Dollars
  • Options
    My motto could be, "A bodybag for every Gem!"
    J.C.

• Options
    I think I've got a frankie around here that is no gem. A pocket piece.

What do ya think?
    Dave
    In Laurel
    MD

• Options
    Dollars,

Sure. It's gotta be real garbage though. I've got my standards, you know!
    J.C.

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice. May I suggest a slogan- - Our crap don't stink at least.image
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    In the "Frequently Asked Questions" section I originally had the question, "Why the name "Crap-U-Slab?" The answer was: "I wanted a name that people would automatically associate with slabbed garbage and ACG was already taken."

I removed it because I thought someone might complain and ebay would boot the auction.
    J.C.

• Options
    If you put SAMPLE SLAB, Cameron would be all over it!image
    HEAD TUCKED AND ROLLING ALONG ENJOYING THE VIEW! [Most people I know!]

NEVER LET HIPPO MOUTH OVERLOAD HUMMINGBIRD BUTT!!!

WORK HARDER!!!!
    Millions on WELFARE depend on you!
  • Options

<< <i>If you put SAMPLE SLAB, Cameron would be all over it!image >>

Cameron already approached me months ago when I first came up with the idea for the auction. I've got the prefect coin for him, but haven't gotten the label printed yet. He's been annoying me lately, but I'm a man of my word and will get it to him.
    J.C.

• Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    This is fantastic TWODOGS.
    Thats going to a valuable slab I,ll bet. #000001?
    I,m sure Conder101 would like to own that one for his collection.
    You oughta give him first shot at it. Or just make um all #000001s? lol

Seriously, I think it would be fun to have you `crap slab` a coin of mine for me.
    Whats the rate for members and estimated turnaround time?

• Options
    I see braddick has his sights set on it right now......lol
  • Options
    Ok Twodogs, give me an address and in the mean time I will put it in the oven with the porkchops I'm roasting. It should turn out great with a wonderful aroma.

Dave
    In Laurel
    MD

• Options

<< <i>Seriously, I think it would be fun to have you `crap slab` a coin of mine for me.
    Whats the rate for members and estimated turnaround time? >>

Cameron's turnaround time has been 6 months, so far. But like I said, he's been annoying. I was going to charge him shipping, the cost of the slab and $2.00 for myself to make it an even $10.
    J.C.

• Options
    6 months!?!?!?!?!?!.

Oh I see, You DO have a reputation to keep huh. image
  • Options
  • Options
    BB those gems. image
  • Options
    Dang I got out bidimage
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Cam40:
    You get my vote for the best sig line on the forum, only second to AmericanSilverEagleCoins visual impact.
  • Options
    I guess turnaround time for those who don't complain will be about 8 months image
    Dave
    In Laurel
    MD

• Options
    I see the reserve price on the auction has been met.
  • Options
    I'm not the only one who wants a Crap-U-Slab. This could be a untapped market indeed.
    Dave
    In Laurel
    MD

• Options
    Mr. Two Dogs,

What an absolute joy! I laughed out loud when I saw it.

You're a wonder and an inspiration!

Jimmy Bear
  • Options
    Hey TWODOGS, will you accept coins still in their original PCGS and NGC bodybags? image I'm gettin a real kick out of this... image
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    Jimmy Bear,

Long time no type. Hope you have been doing well.
    J.C.

• Options
    please define; finest crap . Would that be "finest" in the top of the line or bottom of the line?image

Jim
  • Options
    GandyjaiGandyjai Posts: 1,380 ✭✭
    Best piece of crap I've ever seen!image
    I bet you get over a 1,000 hits before it ends!

Gandyjai
  • Options

<< <i>Best piece of crap I've ever seen!image
    I bet you get over a 1,000 hits before it ends!

Gandyjai >>

I hope so. I hate seeing all the high dollar bids by people with low feedback numbers on these scam artists' auctions.

I never really expected the coin to sell, however.
    J.C.

• Options
    I love it.
  • Options
    <<I hate seeing all the high dollar bids by people with low feedback numbers on these scam artists' auctions. >>
    J.C.
    I agree with you 100%!!! It HURTS coin collecting!....Once these newbies found out they've been had, it leaves
    a sour taste in their mouth and they are less likely to continue buying coins on the internet or persuing an interest
    that has scam artists around around every corner telling you lies to your face with false descriptions, products and
    pictures. In most places, this is illegal and considered fraud!image
    Maybe, one day, eBay will get their act together and shut down these thieves.
    Until then, the BEST thing to do is properly educate these "newbies" so they don't get taken.
    Auctions like the one you put up are a GREAT way to do this.

If you are not in the educaton field,....you should be! We need more people like you!image

Brian (Gandyjai)
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I never really expected the coin to sell, however. >>

...are you sure it's not just a very careful Cameron?
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options

<< <i>I agree with you 100%!!! It HURTS coin collecting!....Once these newbies found out they've been had, it leaves
    a sour taste in their mouth and they are less likely to continue buying coins on the internet or persuing an interest
    that has scam artists around around every corner telling you lies to your face with false descriptions, products and
    pictures. >>

Three and a half years ago I was taken on this very coin. I liked the colors, so it didn't matter all that much. But...it cost me a pretty penny to learn the lesson.
    J.C.

• Options
    I have a PCGS box that I keep my "lessons" in.
    I use them as reference. I still get "taken" occasionallyimage.....just not as often.

Gandyjai

• Options
    Well Twodogs, it looks like you will have to ship that sucker. It has met your reserve. I know you did not intend it to sell, but it did.

Still think it is a great idea.
    Dave
    In Laurel
    MD

• Options
    The auction has only been up for 18 hours and there's 535 hits on the counter. It's paid off, putting it in the "Featured Item's" listings.

If it makes just ONE person back off and not bid on those scam auctions...it's been worth it.
    J.C.

• Options
    Brother Twodogs, it looks like the coin is now over your reserve. As I have said before, I am not the only one that wants a crap-u-slab. You could make quite a side line putting our bad luck into slabs. Its one thing to have a coin that you learned a lesson on, but to have it in a slab that also reminds you at a glace what crap is really out there is a better reminder.

JMO
    Dave
    In Laurel
    MD

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file