Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What sets are you working on

I'm currently working on my type set, though am also working on my Buffalo nickel and Peace dollar sets on the side, when a coin for either of those sets comes across that would look good for my sets of those I can't help myself.

edited to change nickle to nickel.

Comments

• Options
    PCGS Sacagawea set--mostly MS67/68 and PR69
    Dansco Washington Quarter set--uncirc if I can afford it
    Just started a 1976 (my birthdate) date set project tonight (I'm browsing ebay in another window)
  • Options
    I am working on 2 morgan sets. One set all MS and the other for my InterceptShield albums.
    Paul in Pine Hill
    ----------------------------------------
    My ebay auctions

• Options
    I recently completed my BU set of Silver Eagles. I am now working on a set of PCGS MS69 Silver Eagles. Then it will be PCGS PR69 Silver Eagles, followed by Mint Box Proof Silver Eagles and Mint Roll BU Silver Eagles.

Silver American Eagles ROCK
  • Options
    lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
    Morgan pl/dmpl set. Is there anything else out there to collect? Well, this is the disturbing question that keeps me up late at night. As of yet, it remains unanswered.
    I brake for ear bars.
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working on PCGS Peace Dollars, ASE's in MS69 and raw Silver Libertads/Pandas/Maples/Kookaburras/Britannias for PCGS submission when complete
  • Options
    3 Type sets and starting 64-current sets in all denominations.{ opening up the mints sets and need a few filler dates}
    HEAD TUCKED AND ROLLING ALONG ENJOYING THE VIEW! [Most people I know!]

NEVER LET HIPPO MOUTH OVERLOAD HUMMINGBIRD BUTT!!!

WORK HARDER!!!!
    Millions on WELFARE depend on you!
  • Options
    numobrinumobri Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭

I have an open end date set of early dollars with extras,one more and i'll have a roll(if there is such a thing) of them.
    NUMO
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Circulated, original type (a few more moderns will be UNC)... my biggest goal is to get the really, really, REALLY original pieces... the grey circulated silver, which I just LOVE.

Jeremy

PS- Also silver eagles, and US in general... I have a set of stuff I like... it's the best set you can buy.
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    Well my album sets include:

Dansco US Type Set
    Indian Head Pennies
    Baffalo Nickels
    Mercury Dimes
    And all the modern coinage: pennies, nickes, dimes, etc.
    ~Richard Dorrance
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working on a Complete US type set, need most of the 18th century gold, silver, and copper.
    Draped bust quarters and half dollars by die variety, have the major ones, still need quite a few marriages.
    Peace dollars, need 3 date/mm and then to do a round of upgrades.
    Silver Washingtons, done with 41-64, need the early dates and some upgrades, favor toned pieces.
    Merc dimes in G and better, late dates EF and better, need the 21 and 21D and of course the 16D.
    Roosies in Gem, need a couple of the early dates.
    Indian cents in circ grades (late dates VF and better, earlier ones G+, need lots of the early ones)
    Lincoln cents to 1977, ditto.
    Done with Jeffs to 64, Frankies, Ikes with silvers and proofs, and Kennedies 64-77.
    (these last 2, the only clad coins I have, outside of some examples for Type)

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    I am currently working on the Early Jefferson proofs from 1938-1964 and also working on a set of business strike Franklin Halves. image
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    Two type sets, a Morgan set, proof $10 GAEs, unc $5 GAEs, errors,.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
    For those collectors not working on a morgan dmpl/pl set, what the hell is wrong with you!!!!!!!image
    I brake for ear bars.
  • Options
    An early commem set - though that's going reeeeeeeeeeeally slow

Toned Kennedy's 64-70
  • Options
    PCGS registry sets (I already have the first 3 sets complete raw):
    1. Morgan (no varieties) by mid 2004
    2. Peace by mid 2004
    3. SAE by mid 2004
    4. Ike (varieties) by mid 2004 (1 left)

Raw set:
    1. Walking liberty halves

I had planned on completing the Morgan PCGS registry set by the end of 2003, but I didn't make it. I got sniped on eBay several times, plus I haven't found ones that I like yet.

...happy new year in another 80 minutes (CST)...
    Author of MrKelso's official cheat thread words of wisdom on 5/30/04. image
    imageimage
    Check out a Vanguard Roth IRA.
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭

<< <i>For those collectors not working on a morgan dmpl/pl set, what the hell is wrong with you!!!!!!!image >>

I have a very bad habit of eating and paying other bills....mostly it's the eating thing that's stopping me.

PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    CoulportCoulport Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    Actually, the set I have been working on for ever is now complete.
    Do they bury me with it or do they try to sell it?
    I await your answer.
    The most money I made are on coins I haven't sold.

Got quoins?
  • Options
    I am 4 quarters shy of a complete Washington set in mid MS grade. Just sold some stocks to help me afford the 32 and 36d's. This set is mostly raw, but the earlier years mostly in pcgs and ngc.

Also working on a Lincoln set that is complete from about '29 on.
  • Options
    A few type sets. Dansco albums and some attempts at some registry ones.

• Options
    PCGS late date set Walkers, (1933-1947), 100% complete all with original toning, ms66.4 grade average.... Still want to upgrade a few, and then start on something else, which I haven't decided what t will be yet.
  • Options

1a The Morgan Set ~ 3 dozen or so, some white, some toned
    1b The Morgan PL/DMPL Set ~ 5 so far, all PL
    2 Type Set ~ just started
    3 American Silver Eagle MS69 Set completed to '03 ~ would like to PQ a few of the not so great MS69 examples that are spotted a bit
    4 misc. sets are being broken up and sold from time to time on EBay (killed the camera I borrowed so no sales for now)
  • Options
    Pretty much everything. I'm all over the map. I need more focus.
  • Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    Gem Early Commems
    Circ Dahlonega Half Eagles
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    I'm working on a morgan set (uncirculateds to this point), a cameo franklin proof set, a bust half set, a peace dollar set, silver quarter proof set set, silver eagle set, and the first rumblings of a indian quarter eagle set. Whew! I've heard others advise to focus on one area extensively, but there are too many attractive coins out there!!!
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options

<< <i>For those collectors not working on a morgan dmpl/pl set, what the hell is wrong with you!!!!!!! >>

Don't really care for Morgans. The design is OK but they are just too common.

Draped bust large cents by die variety (but I haven't added a piece in five years, those last five are TOUGH, low four figures in Fr-2 for the S-218, THEN they start getting expensive.)

English Conder tokens intended to actually circulate as money, by die variety (I don't do the different edge varieties.). Some are very common, others just common, but there are some real tough ones in there as well Most of the "just common" ones had mintages in the fifty to one hundred thousand pieces range and the "scarce" in the 12,500 - 50,000 range. I've got 420 of the 651 pieces in the "set".
  • Options
    09sVDB09sVDB Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭
    Morgan Dollar grading set
    Washington Quarters
    Buffalo Nickels
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Seated half dimes.
    Buffalos.
    Proof indian cents.
    Type.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    slothman2000slothman2000 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭
    Need a 16d to complete my merc set. Need the four tough ones to complete my Franklin Half proof cameo set. Upgrading my Carson City Type set... I guess I need a 09svdb to complete my Lincoln set (allways upgrading that on)...the list goes on and on.....
  • Options
    MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    Franklins, raw and proof Ikesimage
  • Options
    Proof GAE's, Modern Commemoratives
    PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.
  • Options
    Two Type sets ( one BU and one circulated)
    13 more for my Washington set
    four more for my Lincoln set
  • Options
    Dansco type set
    circ VF+ Liberty nickel set
    upgrading the Morgan set
    planning to start upgrading the circ walker set
    Mexican Libertads and Chinese Pandas
    and have started keeping my eye out for nice Philippines and French coins with the walking Liberty
  • Options
    Three coins from finishing my Liberty Nickel date set in mixed MS/Proof

Then planning on doing a date set of Three Cent Nickels in the same shape. A fuzzy Idea about $2.50 Indians is out there also.

All forward progress is haulted for a good bit, as my car ate it's transmission on the way to work last Friday (You too will believe a car can sound like a blender full of ball bearings on high), and I had to buy a new car with my coin fund (and it was a much better one then the dearly deceased). So I'm just looking at stuff for a half year or so until I can rebuild the fund.

Myriads
  • Options
    Currently working on my Kennedy and V nickel sets.
    Stacy

Sleep well tonight for the 82nd Airborne Division is on point for the nation.
    AIRBORNE!
  • Options
    Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    Lincoln cents 1909-1958 unc and 1959- Proofs.

Dennis
  • Options
    What I enjoy more then sets are low pop. coins like the 1998 sms half or 1997-p sms nickel in as high a grade as I can afford. Another exampel would be the 1956 type-1 proof half.
    To me to get coins with seriously low populations yet maintain collector interest is fantastic. But then to get them in top grade is even better.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file