Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Ahh, those Philippine coins... (big pics)

I just thought I'd share a couple of my Philippine coins. image One of these has a great provenance. It was owned at one time by our own Clankeye! And he ain't getting it back!!! image

Comments

• Options
    oldshepoldshep Posts: 3,240
    I love those old US Philippine coins!!!
    Shep
  • Options
    Come here, baby! Come to papa! You know who treats you right.....
    Awwwww.... coins. You give 'em all the love in the world and they forget you like yesterday's newspaper.

I am very happy that coin resides in your collection, Neil. And I will be very interested to see what direction your Dark Side purchases will be taking in the future.

Nice coins.

Clankeye
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    You know Macarthur is looking right... Right at me! And I'm on the right coast. image

I'm wondering a little about where my darkside focus will take me, too. I know one thing. It'll be a lot more fun with so much more to choose from!
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Clank!! How could you?! I remember the day you gave birth to that coin....well, at least the day you posted it. Why did you have to go and bequeath it to that,,,,that,,,,Lightsider!!!???!!!??!!imageimage

Just kidding, Neil! I'm glad it's got a good home.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    Alas 1Jester, I have a wandering eye.

All coins eventually leave me for someone else. image
  • Options
    "Come here, baby! Come to papa! You know who treats you right.....
    Awwwww.... coins. You give 'em all the love in the world and they forget you like yesterday's newspaper." --SugarDaddy Clank

I guess love is fleeting.....

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, coin love is like a big pinball table. image
  • Options
    Well, I want first dibs on your toned Booker T. Washington collection....image

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

• Options
    You got it, 1Jester. Especially since I don't own any Booker T's.

Clankeye
  • Options
    I collect Washington Carvers, 1Jester. image
  • Options
    Well, you've got a mighty fitting icon then...image

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

• Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    Booker T. is the guy who wrote "Green Onions," right? image
    Obscurum per obscurius