Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

What is your dark side focus?

2»

Comments

• Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    I feel like it. image And I like the idea of enjoying the hobby because it is a hobby and not an investment. A lot less stressful!
  • Options
    Hello all!
  • Options
    Hello all!
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    A big welcome to Neil, who's finally found his calling!

The Call of the DARK...image

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    Anything that catches my eye.
  • Options
    Make a big thread a Giant that's what I say...

I collect:
    1. British Bronze halfpennies 1860 - 1970 including varieties in UNC Lustre (at least AU for rarer types)

2. 20th Century British Mint State Type Collection (per Spink number) trying to get the key dates of each type (eg. 1905 shilling). But as far as the "keys" go, I'd rather have a 1908 1/- in BU than a 1905 1/- in AU.

3. Coins which I consider genuinely rare eg, WCC silver (Welsh Copper Company).

4. Things in high grade that don't turn up in high grade (eg 1834 1/2d)

My two rules are:
    1. You do not write on the walls.
    2. You obey all the rules.

Lloyd
  • Options
    We collect great coins with great stories, or main areas are Ancient Roman and Greek coins, Chinese, Polish and European Multiple Talers from the 1500's onward. We still have a few wonderful Canadian coins left over after we sold our Canadian portion of our collection, not the least of which is an entire set of Gold Rush era 1862 British Columbia ten and Twenty Dollar gold pieces and the corresponding silver patterns.
    Sid and Alicia Belzberg
  • Options
    1957joe1957joe Posts: 608 ✭✭
    Everything from A to Z. I know the X might get me, but I would like to get a coin or currency for every letter from A to Z! I think I have 4 to go! O,Q,W,X
  • Options
    Foreign coin manufactured by the US mints 1876-1983 (plus 1 in 2000). I'm up to 280 of the 408 types.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    oldshepoldshep Posts: 3,240
    Welcome to pesoeagle - a lot of us collect Mexican coins - stick aroundimage
    Shep