Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

SCORE!!!!!!! I love e-bay --- 1864-L indian

Comments

• Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see something there but it's not clear enough to tell.
    Larry

• Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that is one. Pointed bust, and the "L" is just to the right, at the base, of the last feather in the headdress. The light in this photo helps highlight it.
  • Options
    yep its there
  • Options

<< <i>Yes, that is one. Pointed bust, and the "L" is just to the right, at the base, of the last feather in the headdress. The light in this photo helps highlight it. >>

I SAID IT FIRST! ..........!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    mbbikermbbiker Posts: 2,873
    If you look in cherrypickers guide it says the 64-L has a pointed bust and the regular 64 is more rounded, anyone know what it would be worth in that condition?
  • Options

<< <i>If you look in cherrypickers guide it says the 64-L has a pointed bust and the regular 64 is more rounded, anyone know what it would be worth in that condition? >>

no but show me the reverse and ill grade it and tell ya how much it sells for
  • Options
    stop deleting ur text when i quote it!!!!!!!!!!1
  • Options
    edit for because i was being mean image
  • Options
    i would say around AU-50 please note my computer screen is a bit dark it would be worth around...275$?
  • Options
    bla...
  • Options
    LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SCORE
  • Options
    I hate you...you hate me...were a .........
  • Options
    kamehameha00 thanks for the quick help I really appreciate it.
  • Options
    Why didnt I see an auction like this when I was looking for mine!
    You can fool man but you can't fool God! He knows why you do what you do!
  • Options
    njcoincranknjcoincrank Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    Not to rain on anyone's parade, but from the scans it looks like the coin could be counterfeit. Can't really tell from the scans, but it has some raised "pimple" marks on the surface. Possibly one of the "Bay Area Counterfeits"

Just an opinion.

njcoincrank
    www.numismaticamericana.com
  • Options
    Not to squelch your enthusiasm, mbbiker, as that is a '64-L and a nice deal at $26 for the detail - but it's not worth $275. Pitmarks, abraded surfaces and verdigris on the reverse make the price you paid seem more or less, to me, a fair one. It will certainly fill an album space though, nuthin' wrong with that.

Edit: someday I'll learn to hit all the right keys.

• Options
    I was just thinking the same thing as njcrackcoin with that funky looking rim and the bubles on the obverse.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    Or, what njcoincrank said - hope that's not the case.
  • Options
    That coin is legal tender!
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks good to me, too.

Send it in to ANACS to be sure if you want to.

I think $26.00 was a good price, too.
  • Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭

Where are the comments on splitting the difference ($26 vs $260) with the seller?

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would agree it looks fishy.
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SCORE!!!!!!! I love e-bay

That's funny - I swear the seller just posted the same thing!!!! image
  • Options
    Here is the same thing I posted on your last post about this coin:

Its a candidate for being genuine, but I would say it is a cast copy due to the bumps and the dimples in the rim.

I suggest you check the edge ("the third side of a coin") to see if there is a thin raised line of something similar (you may need to look under magnification)
    Retail coin dealers, the only people who can buy a $10 coin for $2, and sell it for $30.
  • Options
    The raised lumps above the 6 and in a few other areas make it look like a cast counterfeit but the picture is to poor to tell for sure.
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485
    #1 most likely case: It's a fake/copy
    #2 most likely case: It's genuine but cleaned/not original
    #3 most likely case: #1 and #2 above

• Options
    Ouch.
    Ouch.
    Ouch.

Sorry mbbiker - this is starting to sound like the "no santa claus in numismatics" theme. Believe me though, $26 is not as expensive of a lesson as some are. Tread carefully!
  • Options
    There are a lot of good copies out there, but not that good! I will bet anyone out there its real!
  • Options
    wingedlibertywingedliberty Posts: 4,805 ✭✭
    The grainy and porous nature of the surface also leads me to believe that its countefeit.
    If it is not, it would surely be neted out by ANACS to VF30.

Brian
  • Options
    There are a lot of good copies out there, but not that good! I will bet anyone out there its real!

Save your money, WSM.
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a 64-L, but in the surface condition its in, if Genuine, not worth much more than you paid for it IMO
  • Options
    Stick to Trade Dollars!
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    njcoincrank said it all...no dancing till its authenticated..that thing has more pimples than my sister.

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options

<< <i>There are a lot of good copies out there, but not that good! I will bet anyone out there its real! >>

wallstreetman, if you have ever heard of an Omega counterfeit, and then if you though about what wouldve happened if the designer didnt place on that "O"; you wouldnt be saying that.
    Retail coin dealers, the only people who can buy a $10 coin for $2, and sell it for $30.
  • Options
    No way its AU 50. I grade it VF 30 with an approximate value of $130 or so, but I'm not sure what sort of effect the pitting might have(obviously it would lower it a bit, but I dont know how much).
    --==**Mike**==--
    -I Love all U.S. coin series'
    Especially Large Cents
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    A nice XF-45 is worth about $150, that coin is not XF if it is indeed real. It looks like a cast copy from that picture, but you need to study the rims. If it is real I would value it between $30 and $45.
  • Options
    carterhaines, not as good as the Omega Currency!
  • Options
    Stick to Trade Dollars!

LOL!

WSM - get a clue. The coin is an obvious cast copy. Either that or Miss Liberty is entering puberty and has a bad case of acne!

Perhaps you should stick to what you know best - can you tell us what might that be? [it's obviously not numismatics!]
  • Options
    i was sleepy last night i should no better to grade when my eyes are already shut...but i did it anyway...and i realised it probaly was a fake but...i said it was real cuz i was tired...im going to bed...
  • Options

<< <i>

Perhaps you should stick to what you know best - can you tell us what might that be? [it's obviously not numismatics!] >>

give the poor guy a break

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file