Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Another Ebay Dealer to cross of your list

s-pcoin

S & P Coin, Stamp, & Jewelry
Salina, KS

He just told me I'm not worth his time since I only buy $5 coins.....

Comments

• Options
    coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was nice of him to say...

Thanks for the a****le alert.
  • Options
    The sad part is it was a $12 coin.

And I had bought other items from him under my old Ebay handle.

Oh well the scum rises to the top.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    I've never understood the business philosophy that says a $5 buyer isn't a valuable customer. While a $5 sale doesn't seem like much, imagine if that customer spent $5 per week. Then, because of excellent treatment, he spreads the word, new customers come in who also spend $5 per week.

Than let's say that, over the course of a year, you add just one of these new customers per week. The following year, you have 52 new customers who will spend $260 each. It adds up very quickly, and it all starts with that one little guy that you treated right.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    not that I agree with treating any customer like this...but I do know that most dealers feel that if a sale is under $20 on ebay it is not worth the time to do it....again I do not agree just passing on thoughts....
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    ROCK CHALK!!
  • Options
    Note: It wasn't an Ebay transaction.

I just e-mailed him and asked if he was selling anything I needed.

His reply was "I don't have time you only bought $5 last time"
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    His reply was "I don't have time you only bought $5 last time"

.........and on page 143 of the "Guide To 2 Second Responses To Idiots" it lists the following-----Bite Me!!!

send that on over to him and i bet he replies.

al h.image
  • Options
    Customer bases are grown when a seller/vendor treats the customer with respect that is equal among all types of customers. Little purchases often lead to larger purchases, or more frequent purchases.

Even doing a deal or two that loses a little money goes a long way to establishing a base. Again, respect and equal treatment is the key.

If this person doesn't want your business, then don't deal with them. There are others out there who understand customer service who will seve you much better down the road.

Thanks for sharing the name with us.
  • Options
    Here is his reply to me telling him it's not good to turn down business

"You did not buy $5 tokens, you bought a $5 token! This was after I spent
    over 30 min. going through my SE KS tokens for you & now, you want me to do
    it again? "

Fool doesn't even know I spent $12. Also he only gave me a list of about 10 tokens.

Also, real funny how it's not worth it for a "$5" coin but he has many listings that are in that range it had to take him 10-20mins/listing to do that.

click me for ebayer's auctions
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta remember, he's selling $5 coins for a reason......can't expect him to act like an MBA in marketing.
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file