Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Time For A FewChanges

OK, it sems as though there is some discontent. It is unfortunate that a few bad apples are spoiling the board for many.

A few of them will not be returning, and it looks as though I am going to have to wield a heavier hand.

No insults anymore, No trading of non-sports goods, No second chances

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

Comments

• Options
    knicks644knicks644 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Thank you! This board is in desperate need of change.

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

Trading/Buying all high end BILLS GU/Autos! ! !
  • Options
    Thank You, It is time
    I am a Huge Colt's Fan, I Mainly Collect Football Cards of the Colts, Mostly... P. Manning, E. James, M. Harrison, R. Wayne, T. Wilkins, J. Mungro and M. Pollard, Those are the Main Colts Players I Collect, In Football I Also Collect D. McNabb, D. Staley, M. Faulk, S. McNair, E. George, R. Williams, I. Bruce, B. Favre And R. Moss. The Only Player I Collect in Baseball is Manny Ramirez, All I Want Of Him is Jersey's, Auto's or High End Inserts. http://fanaticcoltsfan.tripod.com
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    Very cool...
  • Options
    Thank you.
    60+ sucessful trades on here.
  • Options
    I would like to add one more thing to our moderators list.

The pictures in your signature lines need to be kept at the following dimensions.
    200 x 400 and no larger than 20k.
    If you image is too large you will be asked to remove or reduce the image size.
    We will ask once and if you do not comply, we will deactivate your account. No second chances.

Carol

• Options
    PS:

I would start taking a look at your images now.
    If you need time to resize them, take them down until that is done.
    We will not be giving a grace period on this issue.
  • Options
    VERY GOOD!!!!!
    Rick
    Looking for 87 Fleer Glossy Bonds and 86 Topps Traded Tiffany Bonds
    Ref's available
  • Options
    UndertakerUndertaker Posts: 5,200 ✭✭
    just a suggestion, but wouldn't it be a good thing to let someone who is respected around here be a mod, only on this forum? (e.g. duncangal, cardnyou, myself image -> j/k about myself image)
    just so they can delete posts that are completely not suitable or boot certain persons who do nothing but taunting others?
  • Options
    We do have one.
    We also have a list of others that have volunteered.
    Before we add any more moderators to this board, it will be cleaned up.
    If that can't happen with out a battalion of moderators then we will need to rethink this forum all together.
  • Options
    UndertakerUndertaker Posts: 5,200 ✭✭
    apparently those aren't doing their jobs..

you just need someone who actually visits this board every day, that's all.. there are a lot of guys who like to have off-topic discussions and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.. they only guys who need to be removed are the ones who only come here to taunt people and think they're all that..
    but then again it's your site.. do what you gotta do
  • Options
    good point undertaker..you would need someone like me!! I could do a better job than this other guy.

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

• Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    I'm simply confused as to the time it takes to delete these posts and to remove the party at fault. I understand that this forum should not need a babysitter, but it does if things go unmonitored for a few days (or more) like they just did. Unfortunately, we normally blame the kids here but it has recently been some of the older ex-members involved in all of this crap... Sick em.
  • Options
    This is a free site. And the volunteers do what we can.
    Unless we hire full time moderators it will take some time to get to things.
    We also don't want this place to become to rigid with rules but I think that is what is going to need happen.

Choosing moderators is delicate. Many of those who volunteered last time were known to be in the middle of the problems you all complained about.
    It looks like the moderators need to be outside of this forum so no favoritism is shown real or perceived.
  • Options
    I dont think anyone should be pushed in to help but if shes up to it i really do think duncangal would be the best pick for it.
    My E-Bay Auctions

Glenn Robinson Auto Collection 7/21
  • Options
    Thank you for addressing the problems. It is a great forum, with just a few individuals who are ruining it for the rest. I think that if you can just ban ip addresses... then it would solve everything.
    The mods are doing a great job!!!
  • Options
    Thank you. I've bee collecting sports cards 22 years and enjoy trading. I'm wanting to trade but have felt apprehensive in doing so. Hopefully things straighten out.
    Ref:nismo68,collector181,JoeBenson,fuzz86,epag64;baljitgil;TrFstPtch;vladdyraddy;RCCrum;ShawnBradley76

Trading Site-http://www.freewebs.com/hakeemthedream/index.htm

I collect Olajuwon,Francis,Mobley,Bird. Always looking for autos and game used of Rocket players.
  • Options
    Am I safe to assume the off-topic sports discussion can be carried over into the open forum?
  • Options
    'Bout time..did those who needed to be booted been booted?
  • Options

<< <i>'Bout time..did those who needed to be booted been booted? >>

Guess not, I'm still here image.
  • Options
    I think id make a good moderator, ive been involved with law enforcement my whole life so I think i can help this bored out image

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

• Options
    I think knowing how to spell should be part of the criteria, so Seth's out, next?
  • Options
    oops, just left out a word in there..

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

• Options
    New moderators will not come from this forum.

Seth and vittleboy:

I would suggest you look at your images.

IP banning will only work if they are the only person using that IP. That is rarely the case.
  • Options
    I am not sure how big my Picture is so please tell me if it is to big? I don't read 98% of the post here so if a mod can PM me I will chage it or not have one at all.......

Thanks and hope this place becomes fun again? If you need a Mod let me know? I favor no one. and will not give a 2nt chance to anyone who can not keep it real and fun!

2001 Leaf Certified FF #ed/400 and the RC Auto'ed /150
    2001 SPA Gold RC #ed/100
    2002 SPA RC Auto's #ed/1150
    2002 SPx RC Auto'ed /999

My Tradepage

REF: Hondo, vittleboy, vinsanity,Speedmaster
  • Options
    451 x 269
  • Options
    how do you figure out the size of your picture?

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

• Options
    ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    Carol is right I would not want to see a trader on this board as the moderator. I also agree that it should be someone who visits the boards often. Maybe someone from the general card board can be bribed into doing it for a few PSA submissions.
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • Options
    i dont favor anyone either but it doesnt matter...i say anyone from any board, that would come to this board often would make a good moderator..

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

• Options
    Seth:

Yours ooks like it's close enough.
  • Options
    so what do you want me to do?

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

• Options
    It is about time, but I have one question about the non-sports related trading aspect. If I am looking for console games, or something like that, but am offering sportscards in return, would I still be able to post it on this board?(as it still falls within the B,S,T sports board). Just a quick question for the MODs.
    Looking for Shaq trade in your favor for game used. I need 92-93 TSC Shaq beamer & 92-3 Hoops MAR Shaq-please help me get it. Refs: iversonandmiller ,jrccrum,NBAsteve,littlecrum,duncangal,danotorious,glickman77,vinsanity,haliguy,thito,romeo,Topofohio,and many more.
  • Options
    no you cant post those...they already covered that with Brett's posts..

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

• Options
    That will be a judgement call when it's read since it walks the line.
    If it is a "once in a blue moon" thing then we may let it stay..if it's a weekly garage sale it will be moved.
  • Options
    Thank you! about time we go back to trading.
  • Options
    i think my sig is small enough, i mean it's not huge ? if not lemme know...
    Eh..good thing yall decided to do something
  • Options
    Thanks for help once again.The Mods have done a great job this time around.Anyone who remembers previous assaults from these nimroids in the past on the forum knows this.
    Keep up the great work so all the great traders on this forum can enjoy the FUN of this great hobby.If we can be any assistance, just let us know.We will continue to do our part to keep this forum the best of the rest.
    GREAT TRADING TO ALL ! !
    Bob & CJ
    Dad & Son

! ! UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ! !
    ! ! Greatest Country on Earth ! !
    ! ! FREEDOM IS NOT FREE ! !

WANTS:Nicer Cal Ripken Inserts.
    Also want RCs of current Football-Hockey future stars.

Bobstarvet@aol.com

References:We have traded with many traders on this forum.We can provide list on request.
  • Options
    I'm glad that this is happening. Now maybe people will be able to get along a little bit better. Chris. image
  • Options
    MrFire - Your pic is too large.
  • Options
    knicks644knicks644 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    YEAH!!!!!!
  • Options
    how do you shrink your pic?

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

• Options
    your's is good Seth
  • Options
    I just want to add my thanks, and is it still okay for me to do the birthday posts? I have been accused before for having off topic posts when I do them. I don't wish to step on anyones toes, and I hope that everyone still enjoys me doing it, thanks again.......image
    I still collect Tim Duncan! Love all high end auto's, and game used basketball of Tony Parker, and Ginobili too! image This means more to me than any card...You can catch me on my site: Highlight Reel Trading
  • Options
    Thanks!image
  • Options

<< <i>I just want to add my thanks, and is it still okay for me to do the birthday posts? I have been accused before for having off topic posts when I do them. I don't wish to step on anyones toes, and I hope that everyone still enjoys me doing it, thanks again.......image >>

I don't see why you would be allowed to. At least not in the B/S/T Forum.
  • Options
    i think it would be alright, its these people posting CD's and crap every day which the moderators dont want, I dont see how 1 Happy BD post would hurt.

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

• Options

<< <i>i think it would be alright, its these people posting CD's and crap every day which the moderators dont want, I dont see how 1 Happy BD post would hurt. >>

That's not the point. If you're going to enforce the rules, they should be enforced all the way.
  • Options
    Quit being a Grouch Player

There is a big difference between hawking CD's and wishing someone a Happy Birthday.

You go right ahead Duncangal

PS. (Mine is Sept. 24th.) image

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com