Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Time For A FewChanges

Comments

• Options
    P.S. mine is March 12...its coming up soon!

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

Trading/Buying all high end BILLS GU/Autos! ! !
  • Options
    You tell em SM1!!
    Looking for 87 Fleer Glossy Bonds and 86 Topps Traded Tiffany Bonds
    Ref's available
  • Options
    Mine is March 11 image
    I am a Huge Colt's Fan, I Mainly Collect Football Cards of the Colts, Mostly... P. Manning, E. James, M. Harrison, R. Wayne, T. Wilkins, J. Mungro and M. Pollard, Those are the Main Colts Players I Collect, In Football I Also Collect D. McNabb, D. Staley, M. Faulk, S. McNair, E. George, R. Williams, I. Bruce, B. Favre And R. Moss. The Only Player I Collect in Baseball is Manny Ramirez, All I Want Of Him is Jersey's, Auto's or High End Inserts. http://fanaticcoltsfan.tripod.com
  • Options
    Fanatic, ya had to beat me by a day!

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

• Options
    You all would have a fit if we locked it down so tight that no one could wish a happy birthday.
    Some of you all are more inflexible than the admins.
  • Options
    lol Carol, I wouldn't thow a fit..but wishing people a happy birthday is a nice thing to do image

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

• Options
    Thanks, I am glad it is appreciated image If anyone else wants to be on my birthday list, just pm me so we don't tie up this post. Thanks again Sportsmoderator1 and Carol.....image
    I still collect Tim Duncan! Love all high end auto's, and game used basketball of Tony Parker, and Ginobili too! image This means more to me than any card...You can catch me on my site: Highlight Reel Trading
  • Options
    so are you all going to keep up on it this time or are you just blowing smoke you know where? i dont mean to sound like a jerk here but we have heard this more than once and the same jerks just keep comming back and are left to say what ever they please. if you are serious about cleaning up our forum then thank you very much cause i`ve enjoyed this forum for quite some time and i`ve made some good friends here as well. thanks for taking the time to keep an eye on us. Q
    LOOKING FOR MARINO GAME USED,, , AND AUTO`S
  • Options
    Carol/Mod1,

Ditto the positive remarks, assistance is here for the asking....
  • Options
    Appreciate!

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

• Options
    I agree with Ted.

It may not seem like it sometimes, but the good here definately outweighs the bad.
    --------
    Paul
  • Options
    Ok, all i have to say is that mods have to set specific guidelines and let them be known. I do quite a bit of arguing and insulting in duscussion posts, but never cuss and still do a lot of trading and most people like me just fine. You have to let us know how strict you are going to be. For example, sportsmod1 said no insults or you are booted.... but then he called Playr050 a grouch, which seems to me an insult. Now obviously i am being picky there, but my point is finding out how picky you guys are going to be. If you are truly going to "tighten down", then you need to let everyone know the rules before you get boot-happy and then suffer the vigorous backlash of that members friends (as has happened before when Charlie booted half of CU). I appreciate the explanation

Erik
    I'd challenge you to a battle of wits...... but you appear unarmed

"Stop talking, negotiating,
    Your feeble attempts at world peace
    Give me a %#@*ing break
    Need worldwide genocide, planetary suicide
    And when the whole damn world is dead
    there's your %#@*ing peace"
  • Options
    Common sense, plain and simple

I don't think that Player's nose is going to get out of whack by me refering to him as a grouch.

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

• Options

<< <i>how do you figure out the size of your picture? >>

Right click on your image and then choose "properties". It will tell you the dimensions.
  • Options
    I am just warning that Charlie took the same approach a few months ago, and it did not work. You need to set rules and make them known before you start booting people. Charlie's short-lived power trip is what started this whole epidemic of people coming back under another ID and causing trouble. If you just start kicking people off, then their friends are going to intentionally start problems, and then they're going to come back under a different name and so on and so forth, and then you REALLY have a mess. I suggest that mods not get over-anal, or the backlash won't be worth the attempt

Everyone at some point has broken rules, including "holier-than-thou's" like Quasar, Bobstar, and their protege Seth. If you get anal about rule infractions than you're going to be left with no members to moderate. Again i reiterrate that Charlie tried the "common sense" method you spoke of, and it got real ugly real quick, and his overbearance played a huge part in CU being the crapshoot that it is today. And we need to avoid our past regressions

Erik

Give me a %#@*ing break
  • Options
    glad to see i`m always on your mind Erik
    LOOKING FOR MARINO GAME USED,, , AND AUTO`S
  • Options
    Hey Quasar, you don't belong in that group in the manner that the other 2 really get on my nerves. I've never had a problem with you. Don't be offended by my including you with the other 2 as i meant none

Erik

Give me a %#@*ing break
  • Options
    All right, moderator! Way to go.
  • Options
    Let's just give the mods a chance, I think they know what they are doing. All that needs to be done is to nip the trouble makers in the bud, and it will stop. People are intelligent enough to know if what they say is appropriate or not, at least most are, lol....
    I still collect Tim Duncan! Love all high end auto's, and game used basketball of Tony Parker, and Ginobili too! image This means more to me than any card...You can catch me on my site: Highlight Reel Trading
  • Options
    cardnyoucardnyou Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭
    oh ok...who ya talkin bout joyce ? image

imageimageimage

Tha Finger ... Tha Stunner ... Tha Legend.
  • Options
    Were your ears burning big lug? lol imageimageimage
  • Options
    yes...just because i have a &#%$ mouth and &%^* doesnt ^%&* think i do...so...i think that %^&* can just go %^&* therselves %^*& em is what i say just %^^&*@!$#%$^& is what i say

imageimage

• Options
    See Joyce that's my point-- the real troublemakers will not go away. The ones Charlie booted a few months ago are still here causing much more trouble than they were before he booted them. Until this forum can successfully block individual ISP's-- all booting members is going to accomplish is ticking them off so they retaliate by coming back under a new id and really causing trouble....

Erik

Give me a %#@*ing break
  • Options
    jerik....now i'm a troublemaker...now i'm offended man image

• Options
    LOL, cardnyou is just being his sweet ole self. Lighten up a little JErik, and just try and give it a chance, please? With sugar on top? image
  • Options
    Well....... since you added the sugar i'll go with it. I understand they're trying to do right... but realistically it just isn't feasible.

cardnyou-- you're nothing but trouble bro, i on the other hand am a completely innocent angel

Erik

Give me a %#@*ing break
  • Options
    For those who didn't read them here they are, copied from the CU Membership Application Page under CU:

Collectors Universe Collectors Club Membership Agreement

The Collectors Universe Collectors Club is offered to all members of the collector community by Collectors Universe, Inc.(CUI).
    The following terms and conditions apply to all Collectors Universe Collectors Club members. Please read these terms and conditions carefully. CUI reserves the right in its sole discretion, to change these terms and conditions at any time with reasonable notice on this page. If you have any questions please contact CUI at customerservice@collectors.com.
    Terms and Conditions
    1. The information and services provided by CUI, or on any web site owned or operated by CUI, is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. CUI attempts to provide accurate information in its publications, but makes no warranty to members or other participants, express or implied, with respect to said information provided therein and specifically disclaims the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. CUI does not warrant that information contained in any CUI site or other publication will meet general or specific user requirements or that the operation of this service will be uninterrupted or error free. Members use CUI’s services at their own risk.
    2. Under no circumstances, and not withstanding any failure of the essential purpose of any limited remedy provided for herein, shall CUI, its parents, subsidiaries, agents or employees be liable to any party for any direct, indirect, special, consequential, or incidental damages (including damages for personal injury, lost profits, business interruption, loss of business information and the like) arising out of the use of or inability to use this information regardless of whether CUI or any agent thereof has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
    3. No oral or written information, representations or advice given by CUI, its representatives, agents, or employees shall create a warranty or in any way increase the scope of this warranty, and members may not rely on any such information or advice.
    4. CUI makes no warranty, express or implied, with respect to the performance of dealers, bidders, sellers or other participants in Collectors Universe and associated sites and pages. Participants release CUI, its parents, subsidiaries, agents and employees from any claims or liabilities arising from failure or insufficiency of any such performance, and understand that they buy and sell collectibles on Collectors Universe at their own risk.
    5. All participants in any Collectors Universe auction and other online transactions warrant that they are at least 18 years of age, are fully authorized to engage in the transactions they undertake on Collectors Universe, and have properly described any merchandise offered by them on any Collectors Universe site. Participants agree to hold CUI harmless, and to defend and indemnify CUI against any claims or damages (including attorney’s fees) suffered by CUI as a direct or indirect result of said participants’ breach of any of the foregoing warranties, or otherwise arising from said participants’ relationship with CUI.
    6. The collectibles market is volatile and thinly capitalized. Significant short-term price swings are always possible. In addition, the difference between the prices at which a dealer sells collectible items and the prices at which dealers will buy such items often can be large. CUI, its parents, subsidiaries, agents and employees, do not guarantee members or other participants a profit on any purchases or sales they make on Collectors Universe or any other CUI site, or any purchase or sale made anywhere on the basis of information contained on Collectors Universe or any CUI site.
    7. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between CUI and its members or participants, and shall be governed by and interpreted under California law (excluding choice of law rules). CUI is not a party to, nor bound by, and any agreements or understandings between or among Collectors Universe members and/or dealers.
    8. THE COURTS OF ORANGE COUNTY, CALIFORNIA SHALL HAVE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION AND VENUE OF ANY CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT, AND THE PARTIES IRREVOCABLY WAIVE THEIR RIGHTS TO A TRIAL BY JURY WITH RESPECT TO ANY SUCH CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM. THE COURT SHALL AWARD TO THE PREVAILING PARTYT, IN ADDITION TO ANY OTHER RELIEF DEEMED APPROPRIATE, THE PREVAILING PARTY’S ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND COSTS OF LITIGATION, WHETHER OR NOT THOSE ARE OTHERWISE AVAILABLE TO THE PREVAILING PARTY BY STATUTE.

• Options
    dang, this is making out to be a long thread!

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

• Options

<< <i>Common sense, plain and simple

I don't think that Player's nose is going to get out of whack by me refering to him as a grouch. >>

I'm reporting your comment!!!

Sorry, I was in over-sensitive Bobstar mode.

Yes, birthday posts are nice for the members, but they have nothing to do with the B/S/T board, which is something you mods seem to bring up time and time again. Why not have them on the open forum instead?

Another thing, UWashington has been wanting some one to fix his profile for a couple weeks now, he's PM'd mods, emailed the webmaster, and nothing has happened. The problem he's having has happened to me before, and all that needed to be done was a mod clear out his signature box. Is that too much work for you guys?
  • Options
    I think there should be a new "Reference" board, where people post comments on other dealers instead of reading all these bad dealer, good dealer posts..

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

• Options
    JErik20-You'll never get it;just take the advice ofthe mods & the other great traders on here & lighten up.You & your booted buddies were wrong then & you are still wrong now.So,just keep your mouth clean or you'll be getting dizzy real quick being flushed down the CU toilet with your buddies.Once again,the great traders of this forum have prevailed!

Thanks again to the mods & the other great traders on here who have stood up to the garbage mouths & refuse to let them ruin this great trading forum.As in the past,we will continue to watch out for the scum who try to ruin this great forum.Remember the email addy:
    -[webmaster@collectors.com] You can always email an offensive thread to that addy or just report any violation that you all might see.
    TRADE AWAY GANG;THE TRASH HAS BEEN DUMPED ONCE AGAIN! YEA!
    Bob & CJ
    Dad & Son

! ! UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ! !
    ! ! Greatest Country on Earth ! !
    ! ! FREEDOM IS NOT FREE ! !

WANTS:Nicer Cal Ripken Inserts.
    Also want RCs of current Football-Hockey future stars.

Bobstarvet@aol.com

References:We have traded with many traders on this forum.We can provide list on request.
  • Options
    Hey bob, you know, you are just waitin' for it with a response like that...just my opinion...I'm done.
    Mike
  • Options
    I see that Bob hasnt lost his holier than thou attitude since the last time I left. But then again, you dont have to worry about getting booted when your nose has a brown streak down it(do ya Bob)? A majority of your posts dogging other people about what they say, are just as, if not moreso, childish and immature than the ones your are replying to. Two words for you Bob(that wont get me booted), GROW UP !
    Looking for Shaq trade in your favor for game used. I need 92-93 TSC Shaq beamer & 92-3 Hoops MAR Shaq-please help me get it. Refs: iversonandmiller ,jrccrum,NBAsteve,littlecrum,duncangal,danotorious,glickman77,vinsanity,haliguy,thito,romeo,Topofohio,and many more.
  • Options
    this picked up a whole bunch of replies in 1 day.....
    www.Thylenol.coms.ph

trade refs on CU: Udwashington,cardjunkie3, chipperedredwolf,rbarra, big shane,dmiles89

Lookin for garnett,tmac,and especially Olajuwon gu/auto or rcs. will trade up to 1.5 book for olajuwon SOMETIMES
  • Options
    I also think there may be a need to clean up all of these post about happenings in sports. The "Kobe scored 10 pts in 2 minutes" or "Bonds hit another homer" crap... We all have Sportscenter or can readily access this info through the internet if we choose. These posts are sometimes the start of many arguements and also clog up the boards on many weekends with all of the games going on. I understand some enjoy doing this, but many do it just to start arguements...
  • Options
    i agree with dirt 100%
    I am a Huge Colt's Fan, I Mainly Collect Football Cards of the Colts, Mostly... P. Manning, E. James, M. Harrison, R. Wayne, T. Wilkins, J. Mungro and M. Pollard, Those are the Main Colts Players I Collect, In Football I Also Collect D. McNabb, D. Staley, M. Faulk, S. McNair, E. George, R. Williams, I. Bruce, B. Favre And R. Moss. The Only Player I Collect in Baseball is Manny Ramirez, All I Want Of Him is Jersey's, Auto's or High End Inserts. http://fanaticcoltsfan.tripod.com
  • Options
    I agree with Jerik 100%....if you allow any continued signs of unfairness, like allowing Joyce to post off topic but not others, it will engender a sense of disrespect for the whole process and just make the kiddies want to come back and cause trouble.
  • Options
    Unfairness in wishing board members a Happy Birthday?

Sheesh! So you'd like a board that is so cut and dry that there is nothing to foster friendships?

Isn't this supposed to be a fun hobby? Have you all become so blinded by the dollars?

C'mon!

• Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    People complain that being too strict will put the success of the board in jeopardy, but many of the other trade sites don't allow off topic posts at all in their buy/sell/trade forums... Why should it be any different here? If a thread turns into a bit of fun, so be it. That's some of the appeal of this site to many including myself. But most of it is simply about respect in my opinion. If you simply want to BS, use messenger or go to the open forum here. Also, (not to mention any names) many should try condensing their wants and trades into one post so that other traders don't feel like they have to compete to get theirs on the first page for others to see. And keep TTT's to a minimum. 2-3 times a day is plenty. If you didn't get any replies, chances are nobody currently has any or simply doesn't want to trade with you.

Post numbers mean nothing, so why keep trying to push them up? Some of the worst traders I've encountered on here had unusually high post numbers...
  • Options
    Sheesh! So you'd like a board that is so cut and dry that there is nothing to foster friendships?

I thought that was what the moderators wanted?
  • Options
    BTW, birthday posts are simply for fun and I personally have no problem with them... image
  • Options
    OK, but that's still an subjective response...some great traders may hate the birthday posts and wonder why some are allowed to post off topic and others are not. I enoy the birthday posts, I like a board where people are freindly and civil to each other...HOWEVER, if someone was booted for posting off topic, and comes back and sees that not ALL off topic posts are banned, we know their response is going to be to flame the boards with all kinds of useless griping, and that will lead to counter-griping, and a whole new mess...and none of us want that.

I think that it would be very big of Joyce to volunteer to suspend her off topic posting in the name of fairness, at least until things die down a bit.
  • Options
    Superstar

Just like your posts wishing a Happy Birthday to Marberry etc.

Sure you want to maintain this position?

• Options
    NO, those posts were a very cursory attempt to make a point, and I am happy to let those drop and I won't be repeating them. But thanks for noticing image
  • Options
    They were noted much earlier this morning. I was hoping that one of the other members would clue you into the situation, to save me from mentioning it.

• Options
    You won't see them again.
  • Options
    SM1, while I have you hear, I have a quick question. I have 6 sealed DVD's for sale/trade, which I would happily trade for cards or sell. May I post them, if only one time without topping?
  • Options
    Why bother? Just instigates the childish behavior