Home U.S. Coin Forum

$20.00 Lib From PCGS to NGC to CACG -Grading Results-

13»

Comments

• lermishlermish Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cougar1978 said:
    This thread insane lol. Keep want see it back in its NGC 64 plus holder. Like wanting get over a bad dream. Never would have taken downgrade on that anyway. We keep the territory we take.

But nice 😊 educational compare. What u Calc fall in MV from 64 plus to details is. May make my own table.

The drop in MV from 64 to Details is approximately $0. Greysheet is $2535 and melt is $2511.

I guess you already knew that, being an experienced dealer though. Sorry.

What a pleasure to see you and blitzdude in back to back posts! A rare treat. Those two posts are a cherry on the sundae that is this thread.

• Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MFeld said:

@Manifest_Destiny said:

@spacehayduke said:

@Manifest_Destiny said:

No, it was just a sarcastic comment in reply to another sarcastic comment.

But you have a demonstrated pattern of ’sarcastic’ comments and threads to denigrate other TPGs. Here was one again.

No, I don't have a problem with any TPG. They all have their good and bad points. I make sarcastic comments about all of them. If you paid attention, you'd notice I've roasted PCGS over their trueviews more than any other TPG issue.

What's interesting to me is how emotional people get. Or, they feel the need to be the forum hall monitor and call people out over something that was just meant to be a funny comment.

You and I have had some minor skirmishes, so please know that I’m not calling you out here and I’m being serious. Without the benefit of hearing a person’s voice and/or seeing their facial expressions, it can be difficult to tell whether someone’s being serious. The use of emojis by the poster can help but that still doesn’t always give readers a clear message.

Fair enough. We're good as far as I'm concerned.

• DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

That must have been fun. Great score. Wish I knew how to grade.

• PeakRaritiesPeakRarities Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DisneyFan said:

Actually, I made nothing on that coin I paid really strong for it in the 61 holder, but no one else wanted to pay up. I had to upgrade it to get out of it, I think I broke even after grading costs.

Founder- Peak Rarities
    Website
    Instagram
    Facebook

• Jacques_LoungecoqueJacques_Loungecoque Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭✭

If only this coin was admired for what it was, regardless of the slab….

Having fun while switching things up and focusing on a next level PCGS slabbed 1950+ type set, while still looking for great examples for the 7070.

• lermishlermish Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jacques_Loungecoque said:

The $20 or Dan's QE?

The original 1904 $20 is one of the most common and least interesting of all US gold coins. It truly is bullion. I acknowledge the gold value and it is the tiniest bit more interesting than a 1 oz bar but it doesn't seem worthy of admiration, regardless of the slab or lack thereof.

• DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PeakRarities said:

@DisneyFan said:

Actually, I made nothing on that coin I paid really strong for it in the 61 holder, but no one else wanted to pay up. I had to upgrade it to get out of it, I think I broke even after grading costs.

The important thing is your were right that it deserved a 62. I wouldn't have the guts to crackout a CAC. Frankly. I don't know why it's only a 62.

• Jacques_LoungecoqueJacques_Loungecoque Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lermish said:

The $20 or Dan's QE?

The original 1904 $20 is one of the most common and least interesting of all US gold coins. It truly is bullion. I acknowledge the gold value and it is the tiniest bit more interesting than a 1 oz bar but it doesn't seem worthy of admiration, regardless of the slab or lack thereof.

The original.
    All coins are worthy of appreciation.
    If anyone feels otherwise please feel free to send me yours. I guarantee you I’ll admire that sucker.

Having fun while switching things up and focusing on a next level PCGS slabbed 1950+ type set, while still looking for great examples for the 7070.

• Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lermish said:

The $20 or Dan's QE?

The original.
    All coins are worthy of appreciation.
    If anyone feels otherwise please feel free to send me yours. I guarantee you I’ll admire that sucker.

Sorry but I appreciate mine, and far more than a modern bullion piece.
    I think knowledge or experience can make many of us jaded. I kind of feel the same way as @lermish when it comes to Randall hoard large cents or high grade late date walkers. I take them for granted as I know they’re relatively abundant and have seen hundreds of them.

Successful BST transactions with 171 members. Ebeneezer, Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file