Home Sports Talk

I was UNDERWHELMED with Tom Terrifics commentary during the Dallas/Browns game

2»

Comments

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

so guess , don't leave me hangin

• TabeTabe Posts: 6,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    do people actually tune in or not tune into games due to who is calling/analyzing the game?

>
    I will seriously consider skipping any college basketball game called by Bill Walton.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,560 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tabe said:

I will seriously consider skipping any college basketball game called by Bill Walton.

i think you're safe now

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

• TabeTabe Posts: 6,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

@Tabe said:

i think you're safe now

Indeed I am.

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tom B-
    Tony A

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

I tuned into the ravens/cowboys game yesterday. I thought Tom was good.
    As I said above though, I think I have a fairly low bar for announcers.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

@craig44 said:

C'mon, Tom was awful. He continues to struggle with his analysis, and I would think for a whopping $35m per season he would have been schooled on the finer points of announcing. He still gets a B-...all he is is window dressing, much like the Manning duo who are irrelevant hucksters for a host of products. I will never understand why marketing professionals think an endorsement from some celebe would increase sales...but apparently it does.

• bgrbgr Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭

I will never understand why marketing professionals think an endorsement from some celebe would increase sales...but apparently it does.

Idiots^H^H^H^H^H^HPeople are more likely to buy a product if it is endorsed by a celebrity. It empirically accelerates brand adoption because people are morons and trust public figures for no meaningful reason.

Marketing professionals are RIGHT!

@MCMLVTopps said:

@craig44 said:

C'mon, Tom was awful. He continues to struggle with his analysis, and I would think for a whopping $35m per season he would have been schooled on the finer points of announcing. He still gets a B-...all he is is window dressing, much like the Manning duo who are irrelevant hucksters for a host of products. I will never understand why marketing professionals think an endorsement from some celebe would increase sales...but apparently it does.

I disagree. he was not "awful" you graded him a B-. that is not awful. F would be awful. I also disagree about the Manning Bros. I find them pretty entertaining to listen to. I guess we just have different standards for announcers, and that is fine. It is pretty much a taste thing. I can listen to most announcers and enjoy a game.

edited September 23, 2024 9:57AM

I was considering a C, his voice isn't announcer quality, he has other qualities, but talking into a microphone ain't one of them. I was trying to be generous, but I did add the (-)...I'll be gone for a couple of weeks, so he has time to improve. No doubt he's burning the midnight oil to home his skills. B)

In the meantime, enjoy Mr Romo.

@bgr said:

I will never understand why marketing professionals think an endorsement from some celebe would increase sales...but apparently it does.

Idiots^H^H^H^H^H^HPeople are more likely to buy a product if it is endorsed by a celebrity. It empirically accelerates brand adoption because people are morons and trust public figures for no meaningful reason.

Marketing professionals are RIGHT!

Surely the marketeers have researched and found that a certain segment of our society is into celebrity endorsements. I am happily not in that segment. I'm a happy self-thinker.

Are you inspired by Dany DeVitos now clown-like schilling for Jersey Mike's subs? Wasn't he doing the same for Subway not long ago? I am personally uninspired by anything relating to a celebrity endorsement.

Fortunately, my synapse is capable of informing my hypothalmus of the nonsense portrayed on tv. Thank goodness I am able to immediately move between channels and not endure such.

So, has Danica Patrick's BS found you running out to purchase an Endurance policy? Hopefully not.

@MCMLVTopps said:
    I was considering a C, his voice isn't announcer quality, he has other qualities, but talking into a microphone ain't one of them. I was trying to be generous, but I did add the (-)...I'll be gone for a couple of weeks, so he has time to improve. No doubt he's burning the midnight oil to home his skills. B)

In the meantime, enjoy Mr Romo.

I think announcers come down to personal taste. there really are no objective measures of "best" announcer. just who you like best. and that is perfectly fine. I can enjoy just about anyone. John madden was my all time favorite. I am sure many people did not like his loud style.