Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1979 Topps Eckersley - Does this look like a PSA 10?

2»

Comments

• olb31olb31 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like it sold for $10,000. What a joke.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Yankees70Yankees70 Posts: 324 ✭✭✭

Its a great deal. If he cracks it out of the holder and tries to sell the card at a card show he might be able to get $25.

@Yankees70 said:
    Its a great deal. If he cracks it out of the holder and tries to sell the card at a card show he might be able to get $25.

25 cent.

• BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some folks buy the card and not the holder while others buy the holder and not the card...

nice, but i wouldn't open more than 1.

• mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the card curls!

mint_only_pls
  • Yankees70Yankees70 Posts: 324 ✭✭✭

This thread has enticed me to open up some ‘79 vending.

Please post some photos. Thanks

• ElMagoStrikeZoneElMagoStrikeZone Posts: 352 ✭✭✭

Every time I pull a 9, a card slab gets it's wings.

My Dad can beat up your Dad.

• Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭

I bought the 10. I will cherish it forever and ever.

• handymanhandyman Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 4, 2024 4:48PM

Frustrating to see. I’m sitting on 1979s.But I’m nervous just Paying 15.99 and getting a 5 just because. Had a full case and this was my best Dennis. It’s in a card saver box with the rest of the decent ones.

• PatriotTradingPatriotTrading Posts: 331 ✭✭✭

Yours doesnt have PD on his face or edges

• jordangretzkyfanjordangretzkyfan Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

The fisheye on his jacket by the Red Sox logo and the faint color in the Red Sox banner likely make this a PSA 8.5, but yours still looks as nice as that PSA 10.

• handymanhandyman Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 5, 2024 8:13AM

I hope mine doesn’t looks as nice as the 10.

And exactly if that is an 8.5 bc of the 2 dots you pointed out(which I see but damn this card is mint to me or better). I don’t want to pay 16.00 to have someone now give this card an 8.5 when it was cherry picked. 8.5 I would loose money I would guess. Frustrating.

Those Bretts are sweet. I love that one of Brett.

• jordangretzkyfanjordangretzkyfan Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

@handyman said:

And exactly if that is an 8.5 bc of the 2 dots you pointed out(which I see but damn this card is mint to me or better). I don’t want to pay 16.00 to have someone now give this card an 8.5 when it was cherry picked. 8.5 I would loose money I would guess. Frustrating.

Agree with your points and I like your card better than the PSA 10. That said, PSA has been very focused on surface issues lately and overly critical when grading cards with any print issues. Just trying to help point out what I see before you choose to submit or not.

• GrooGroo Posts: 182 ✭✭✭

@jordangretzkyfan said:

@handyman said:

PSA has been very focused on surface issues lately and overly critical when grading cards with any print issues.

For everyone's subs??

It feels like every 6 months or so there’s a new ‘issue’ that PSA graders are focused on and it is exhausting…

• PatriotTradingPatriotTrading Posts: 331 ✭✭✭

@BBBrkrr said:
    It feels like every 6 months or so there’s a new ‘issue’ that PSA graders are focused on and it is exhausting…

I'm pretty sure I got smoked on surface but I expect that, grader just missed this one badly.