Home Sports Talk
Options

Say "Hello" to the NL East first place Philadelphia Phillies

2»

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,318 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bgr said:
    Well that was a brutal series. Great pitching and great defense on that Phillies team. Oof.

Long way to go yet. I'm not counting any chickens yet, and definitely not counting out the Braves.

Of course the Mets have already been put out to pasture. 😆

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@bgr said:
    Well that was a brutal series. Great pitching and great defense on that Phillies team. Oof.

Long way to go yet. I'm not counting any chickens yet, and definitely not counting out the Braves.

Of course the Mets have already been put out to pasture. 😆

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭✭

What a terrible run by the Braves going 2-6 against the Nats

• Options

9 games up already this season over the very tough Braves.

i've been having some very pleasant dreams this season. One recurring dream is I walk into a bar, say loudly that I'm a Phillies fan, and the pretty women start swarming all over me.

The rest of the dream is none of your business. 😎

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

The soccer slide from Bryce was pretty cool. That dude knows how to make new fans that’s for sure.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

@Darin said:
    The soccer slide from Bryce was pretty cool. That dude knows how to make new fans that’s for sure.

I still haven't given up on a Phillies-Royals World Series.

If that happens, the smack in here may be brutal. Might have to tell the women and children to stay away from Sports Talk during that time. 😉

• Options
    bgrbgr Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭

My first thought when I saw that slide was.... Nooooooooooooooooooo! The uniform is going to shred!

• Options

@stevek said:

@Darin said:

If that happens, the smack in here may be brutal. Might have to tell the women and children to stay away from Sports Talk during that time. 😉

I would love it but don’t think kc can get there.
    I would like to see the Phillies and Dodgers get to the NL pennant series and then see Philly clobber them. It will be really tough for any team other than the Yankees to win the AL.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

@Darin said:

@stevek said:

@Darin said:

I would like to see the Phillies and Dodgers get to the NL pennant series and then see Philly clobber them. It will be really tough for any team other than the Yankees to win the AL.

While I certainly would enjoy a Phillies-Royals WS, the Yankees is of course the team that every NL winner would most enjoy defeating in any WS.

Still a long way to go.

• Options

@stevek said:

@Darin said:

@stevek said:

@Darin said:

While I certainly would enjoy a Phillies-Royals WS, the Yankees is of course the team that every NL winner would most enjoy defeating in any WS.

Still a long way to go.

I should have also said I do think the Orioles have a chance to win the AL because they are a very solid team. Cleveland maybe if their pitching holds up.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

Knee surgery for Realmuto

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

Yea, i knew it was going too good.

About a month off I read.

• Options

@stevek said:

@Basebal21 said:

Yea, i knew it was going too good.

About a month off I read.

Supposedly. Never know with surgeries especially knees for catchers. I guess they could move Harper back to the outfield and try him at first base to get him back quicker if needed.

• Options
    bgrbgr Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭

1 month seems short if there was removal of part of the meniscus. Similar as Trout. 4 weeks would be an amazing timeline to even get back to DH. I hope he's back sooner than later.

• Options

Now a double digit lead in the NL East.

Amazing!

• Options

Phillies now with the best winning percentage in MLB. 😊

• Options

Phillies turned a 1-3-5 triple play for the first time in MLB since 1929

• Options

Phillies coming up to the All-Star break with a 9 game lead and best record in MLB.

I'll take it. 😊

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭✭✭

Big series obviously for the Braves, but the needle won't be moved in favor of one team or the other unless one sweeps the other. Phillies sweep means 12 game lead and division locked up for all intents and purposes, Braves sweep and then 6 back with some momentum and hope for the division. Any 2 of 3 by either team is not a huge difference in the current scheme of things.