Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Made right.

coinshopcoinshop Posts: 47
edited June 17, 2024 7:35AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Seller did make right.

I just put it together from scratch. Numismatic Metals.
Vintage is JayCoinShop.com (Both same just different flavors?)

Comments

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,810 ✭✭✭✭✭

This thread strikes me as inappropriate and possibly a rules violation.

I know nothing about this site. It may be good or bad or worse. HOWEVER...

Any REALLY GOOD site should be vetting it's dealers. There are a LOT of amateur dealers at shows that would be hard- pressed to present business bona fides. Just because a site made it hard to gain acceptance proves nothing.

• Options
    edited June 16, 2024 7:03AM

You looked at my site? And? Is there something wrong?

• Options

@coinshop said:
    You looked at my site? And? Is there something wrong?

I don't want to pick a fight. You can charge whatever you want. But the prices on your circulated world coins don't exactly say "highly respected numismatist". It says "Etsy" to me.

• Options
    edited June 16, 2024 7:12AM

Well, we can nitpick pricing on every dealers site for every reason. I like what I sell. If you dont like the price, you have a free make offer button to ask and I will most likely take a fair price, I won't hide that I will sell you something and then dont or give you my word and back off.. I am saying this other site had promised dealers and lied. How many go back on their word? Happens all the time. This site did just that.

• Options

@coinshop said:
    Well, we can nitpick pricing on every dealers site for every reason. I like what I sell. If you dont like the price, you have a free make offer button to ask and I will most likely take a fair price, I won't hide that I will sell you something and then dont or give you my word and back off.. I am saying this other site had promised dealers and lied. How many go back on their word? Happens all the time. This site did just that.

I know nothing about that site. But they promised to vet the dealers, not accept all dealers who apply. That is true of numerous respected numismatic businesses. Your choosing to try and get even with them by libeling them may undermine your reputation more than theirs. I would ask that you reconsider this thread.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 15,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 16, 2024 8:04AM

The OP stated:

I recently found out a couple dealers who applied who also sell quite a lot of inventory were restricted from selling. Why, I cannot say, but be warned, this thing seems like a scam.

Now it appears that it was the OP who was rejected by the site. He didn't mention that in his post and in fact tried to make the experience sound generic and suggested that he was raising the issue as some kind of public service.

In reality, he just has an axe to grind.

I looked at his site - very polished presentation but an eclectic mix of material, small we say. And the prices charged for the things I am familiar with are a little absurd.

I know nothing about Numismy, but so far, I'm on their side.

And before the OP tells me that I am always free to make an offer, remember that you only have one chance to make a first impression.

• Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you grind any more, you won't have an axe left. Like others have said, your pricing on your site goes to the moon and beyond.

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

$980 for a coin worth maybe $50 or so?

• Options
    P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Connecticoin said:

Looks like a gold-stickered rattler, so probably more like $350-$400.

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

• Options

@Connecticoin said:

Oh my god! ARREST ME!

• Options
    edited June 16, 2024 9:07AM

Have you seen it? It is definitely a 67+/ or 68 in my opinion, you can decide..WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER DEALERS WHO SELL OVER PRICED that people just gracefully buy from?

What gives already, why so disdain.

• Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinshop said:
    Have you seen it? It is definitely a 68 in my opinion. WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER DEALERS WHO SELL OVER PRICED that people just gracefully buy from?

I highly doubt a 65 is undergraded 3 points. I’ll leave it at that.

• Options

See the surfaces close up.

• Options
    lermishlermish Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinshop said:
    Have you seen it? It is definitely a 67+/ or 68 in my opinion, you can decide..WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER DEALERS WHO SELL OVER PRICED that people just gracefully buy from?

What gives already, why so disdain.

We give them a hard time when they misrepresent themselves. Rick Snow is highly respected in the community but we gave him several pages of crap for a misleading description.

Do you deserve more benefit of the doubt than him?

• Options

More subterfuge from the OP.

The first post screed was changed to "Seller did make right."

:*

• Options

Ok well its just my value on an undergraded Merc dime. I do love offers, I never ever look the other way.

• Options

Ethan is making right

• Options

It's also your misrepresentation of the situation in your original post, and also your attempt to erase the whole thing by changing the first post to something unrelated.

I've seen all I need to know.

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

The OP has gone by at least two different handles here on the boards and has been banned twice. One of those times he got into an argument as to why eBay banned him and he couldn't get around the fact they wouldn't re-instate him.
    I could dig around past PM from other members here for better clarifications, but between him and mikee999s 'reincarnation' it gets tiring.

peacockcoins

• Options

I recall that other fiasco.

And he wonders why he gets banned everywhere. 🙄

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinshop said:
    Ok well its just my value on an undergraded Merc dime. I do love offers, I never ever look the other way.

The problem is when you price your inventory intentionally high, no one will make an offer. They won't even bother to look at your coins, because you are playing games. My advice, price your items at levels you are comfortable accepting. You will be taken more seriously and appear less likely to be looking for a sucker.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options

@braddick said:
    The OP has gone by at least two different handles here on the boards and has been banned twice. One of those times he got into an argument as to why eBay banned him and he couldn't get around the fact they wouldn't re-instate him.
    I could dig around past PM from other members here for better clarifications, but between him and mikee999s 'reincarnation' it gets tiring.

Sorry you feel this way about me pointing out the truth of the site.

• Options

I think he is making right, lets see because I do have a ton of Ig followers who agree that he took the wrong road on this one.

• Options

Many do actually!

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

@P0CKETCHANGE said:

@Connecticoin said:

Fair point. However, even 67FBs go for $200, $250 tops. $980 asking price is delusional.

• Options

Many. I stay and sell, I never turn people away thats how I do things.

• Options

@Connecticoin said:

@P0CKETCHANGE said:

@Connecticoin said:

Fair point. However, even 67FBs go for $200, $250 tops. $980 asking price is delusional.

@Connecticoin said:

@P0CKETCHANGE said:

@Connecticoin said:

Thats why I paid $400 on GC for it because of its look. Wowie..

• Options
    hummingbird_coinshummingbird_coins Posts: 509 ✭✭✭✭

@coinshop said:
    Thats why I paid $400 on GC for it because of its look. Wowie..

You most certainly overpaid. Don't think that you can make a profit off everything by listing it at over 2x what you spent, because that will almost never work. I get that the rattler and gold CAC sticker are appealing to many people, but even then paying $400 is overkill, let alone expecting people will buy it from a less reputable seller for more than double the already-high price.

Young Numismatist • My Toned Coins
    Life is roadblocks. Don't let nothing stop you, 'cause we ain't stopping. - DJ Khaled

• Options
    vintagebanksvintagebanks Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited June 16, 2024 10:53AM

@coinshop said:
    Seller did make right.

Who is the "Seller" in the edited title opening post?
    Original post was about some unnamed dealers not being accepted on the Numismy selling site.
    (edit to correct spelling)

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinshop said:

Ok as you love offers I'm offering $350 for the 44-S merc in the rattler.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ElmerFusterpuck said:
    The OP is using a different shovel to dig the same hole on Instagram like he did here.

Kind of like bashing your thumb with a hammer, then switching hammers and still bashing the same thumb. Hint: it's not the hammer, it's the user.

Here is one of the threads that helps define the OP's modus

operandi:https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1093488/got-hosed-on-the-bay/p1

peacockcoins

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you considered other options, such as being transparent, not playing games and not blaming others, just because you don’t get your way?

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options

Interesting dialogue here

• Options

@braddick said:

@ElmerFusterpuck said:
    The OP is using a different shovel to dig the same hole on Instagram like he did here.

Kind of like bashing your thumb with a hammer, then switching hammers and still bashing the same thumb. Hint: it's not the hammer, it's the user.

Here is one of the threads that helps define the OP's modus

operandi:https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1093488/got-hosed-on-the-bay/p1

Ah, yes. What a glorious disaster that thread proved to be.

I suppose we shouldn't be surprised that the guy who was kicked off eBay is having trouble getting approved as a dealer

• Options
    edited June 16, 2024 2:39PM

@coinshop said:

To understand just how unusually unanimous the forum is, note that no one has disagreed with me. >:)

What we have learned from the thread YOU started is that you haven't learned anything from the ebay experience.

I think you could actually turn a parking ticket into a death sentence.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

Made-Right ? Ask an iowan. We ( everybody else) call them sloppy joes and they have a tomato/bbq sauce mixture with hamburger. They (iowans) just brown hamburger and put it on a bun. Mind a little spam ? Made Right or Manwich ?

+1 for nothin’

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

What’s the beef ? CAC don’t want me…. PCGS keeps my coins longer than me.

• Options
    jeffas1974jeffas1974 Posts: 344 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@coinshop said:

To understand just how unusually unanimous the forum is, note that no one has disagreed with me. >:)

What we have learned from the thread YOU started is that you haven't leave learned anything from the ebay experience.

I think you could actually turn a parking ticket into a death sentence.

Even the whole USB grading drama thread(s) had some level of disagreement :D

• Options
    edited June 16, 2024 5:21PM

@braddick said:
    Here is one of the threads that helps define the OP's modus operandi:

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1093488/got-hosed-on-the-bay/p1

I re-read this thread and was reminded about the OP's behavior: the untruths, the misdirection, the constant contradictions of earlier statements. :/

This discussion has been closed.