Home U.S. Coin Forum

Long Beach?

alefzeroalefzero Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who is or might be attending the Long Beach show this week?

We will be right in the middle of the bourse, at corner booth 735 (Select Rarities). The bourse sold better than I have seen in a while, odd for a June show too.

Comments

• Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 5,186 ✭✭✭✭✭

I might be there, but only on Saturday

Mr_Spud

• pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just bought my plane tickets, but for the September show. Have a great time.

Tim

• ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was trying for this one, but couldn't find decent hotel rates. Did book a trip for the August ANA World's Fair of Money though!

• mattnissmattniss Posts: 679 ✭✭✭✭

I will be there today and tomorrow most likely. Will stop by and introduce myself in person!

• PeakRaritiesPeakRarities Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s a no from me dawg, maybe next time.

Founder- Peak Rarities
    Website
    Instagram
    Facebook

• ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭✭✭

Should go, but don't know if I'll have the time. Lots going on right now.

"Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • CopperindianCopperindian Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

No for me, but my VPD/partner/sharp eye guy is!

“The thrill of the hunt never gets old”

PCGS Registry: Screaming Eagles
    Copperindian

Retired sets: Soaring Eagles
    Copperindian

• goldengolden Posts: 9,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

Way too far for me.

• lermishlermish Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not this time. Too bad, I always like stopping at your table!

• jomjom Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭✭✭

Went to the show today and was surprised how many people were there. It was hard to get thru the isles at times. Usually, the June show is a dull affair but today were pretty good.

jom

• alaura22alaura22 Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jom said:
    Went to the show today and was surprised how many people were there. It was hard to get thru the isles at times. Usually, the June show is a dull affair but today were pretty good.

jom

Details?

• goodmoney4badmoneygoodmoney4badmoney Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭✭

I wanted to attend but work got in the way, please share some details!

• LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,363 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, there today and tomorrow. Had fun today catching up with friends and dealers. :+1:

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko, Big Moose.
  • TiborTibor Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

Safe travels. Vaya Con Dios>

• jomjom Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I'm not much of a writer on these things. I was doing pretty much what Lakesammman did. Tried to find some dealers I haven't seen in awhile. I just noticed that the bourse was rather busy which is odd for the June show in LB.

I was trying to "catch up" with some people I knew since I had only been to the show twice since they re-opened up after Covid. Before Covid I don't think I missed more than 5 shows since 1993. So I seemed a bit out of place. A lot of dealers from back east just don't show up anymore...which isn't unusual for the June show but I think it's all three now...a trend that started about 10 years ago I'd guess and got worse after Covid.

Anyway, I had a good time (unlike Jan 23 or Oct of 21) so I was pleasantly surprised. :smile:

jom

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file