Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Duck cover your coins

mikee999mikee999 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭✭

So CA just had an earthquake a 3.5?

Comments

• Options
    DeplorableDanDeplorableDan Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

3.5? Pshhhh, thats akin to a category 1 hurricane for Floridians. Barely worthy of discussion :D

Founder- Peak Rarities
    Website
    Instagram
    Facebook

• Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CaptHenway said:
    My wife is from California. She says that anything under 5 doesn’t count.

There's a lot of truth to that. Anything under about 4.0 is not usually anything to consider.

Since Friday there have been five between 3.0 and 3.6 in the State according to Caltech. That's the point they start highlighting them (3.0).

A 3.0 hit this morning at one of my fishing spots. I wasn't up there this weekend. If I was I might have noticed. Maybe.

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DeplorableDan said:
    3.5? Pshhhh, thats akin to a category 1 hurricane for Floridians. Barely worthy of discussion :D

A category 1 hurricane can be bad in the right spots.

God Bless, CRHer700 :mrgreen:
    Do unto others what you expect to be done to you.

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2, 2024 8:39PM

The earthquake was in a rural area a few miles northeast of San Jose.

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    AtcarrollAtcarroll Posts: 374 ✭✭✭

@DeplorableDan said:

Or a foot of snow in Michigan

• Options
    MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CRHer700 said:

@DeplorableDan said:

A category 1 hurricane can be bad in the right spots.

And if it's moving slowly and sits over an area of land for longer than normal, it can be devastating. Been there, done that.

• Options
    oldabeintxoldabeintx Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Richter Scale measures the total energy output of an earthquake. Be at the wrong place near a focused 3.0 and you will notice it.

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I was in the Navy and stationed in the Memphis TN area, we had a real strong one. We are in the new Madrid fault area and very close the Mississippi River. I was on watch that day and on the 3rd floor of the building when it hit. The furniture started moving and the heavy items like washers and dryers were hitting the walls. I have lived in CA and this was worse than what I experience there. The next day a lady called the radio station and asked if they could see any othr earthquake on the radar, I love living in the south. :):pB) _

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    RobertScotLoverRobertScotLover Posts: 729 ✭✭✭✭

And now for the news...... oh wait this isn't a New Site this is a coin forum site, I forgot, my bad

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file