Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Show me the cash in ur wallet right now!

StoogeStooge Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was counting my cash just now wondering how much I had on me, and me being nosy 🧐 I thought I’d ask what you have in your wallet.
Cash and coins only please.

Later, Paul.

Comments

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw that title thinking somebody’s wife getting after them about buying coins or whatever…

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭✭✭

$7 and two checks.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kinda personal.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,662 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not even if you show me a gun.

• Options

@Smudge said:
    Kinda personal.

I fully agree with you, but I thought I'd see what reaction I got.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Klif50Klif50 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭

I carry cash but it's in a clip in my front pocket. Haven't carried cash in my wallet in years.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 7, 2024 12:58PM

@jmlanzaf said:

Easy to say when you are not looking down the barrel of a large caliber gun. My buddy just bought a Ruger Super Red Hawk Alaskan in .44 magnum. Against his judgement I had him point it at me, yes unloaded, and it was intimidating.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

Like many (most?) people in New Zealand, I haven't had any cash in my wallet for six months? A year?

Smitten with DBLCs.

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 8, 2024 5:58AM

@Cakes said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Easy to say when you are not looking down the barrel of a large caliber gun. My buddy just bought a Ruger Super Red Hawk Alaskan in .44 magnum. Against "his" judgement "I" had him point it at me, yes unloaded, and it was intimidating.

PSA: REALLY??? And the last words out of the persons mouth that accidentally killed someone said: I thought it was unloaded!! 😱 😖 I don't know who's crazier, you or your friend!

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seeing your icon, I think you'll appreciate that all the cash in my wallet has gone to spoil two schnauzers

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 7, 2024 4:57PM

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Show me the cash in ur wallet right now!"

That's the same thing a lovely lady said to me as I was walking down the Vegas strip.

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

Zero

Dont carry any

I keep in my bag I carry too and from shop

• Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a $2 bill, a lonely $1 bill and I turned the $100 bill into this...
    Which got converted back into 5-$20's and 3-$5's
    $118 total, the wallet usually has a few hundred more walking around money.🤑

• Options
    TrampTramp Posts: 682 ✭✭✭✭✭

Should have asked the question yesterday. Today a big goose egg. Lol

USAF (Ret.) 1985 - 2005. E-4B Aircraft Maintenance Crew Chief and Contracting Officer.
    My current Registry sets:
    ✓ Everyman Mint State Carson City Morgan Dollars (1878 – 1893)
    ✓ Everyman Mint State Lincoln Cents (1909 – 1958)
    ✓ Morgan Dollar GSA Hoard (1878 – 1891)

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

No money on me. I've worked second shift for 40 years and walk home after 1:00AM.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    Jacques_LoungecoqueJacques_Loungecoque Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭

The bums get mad at me when I tell them I only carry a debit card. Now, there’s a couple hundy hidden in the Jeep….

Having fun while switching things up and focusing on a next level PCGS slabbed 1950+ type set, while still looking for great examples for the 7070.

• Options

I'm very impressed at some of the responses here. Obviously some of us have no money d/t family and or spent it all on coins (I'm assuming) and the fact that some don't carry cash is scary. I believe you should have some for emergency times.

Love the non-cash pics.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    jedmjedm Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm still surprised by how many of us don't carry cash. I think I've always - always had some cash on me since I've been like 12 years old. I don't leave home without it. But this is an average amount, very seldom,
    unless traveling or going to a coin show or something like that, will I carry more.

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,615 ✭✭✭✭✭

don't even carry a wallet anymore. Cash in front pocket and ID in other pocket.
    bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 8, 2024 6:05AM

Actually hit the coinstar last night like a meth head and came out with $67. Found $20 in the parking lot

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 8, 2024 6:08AM

Carrying ? Shhhhhhh.
    What's in your wallet ?

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jacques_Loungecoque said:
    The bums get mad at me when I tell them I only carry a debit card. Now, there’s a couple hundy hidden in the Jeep….

One of these days their gonna tell you that they accept those too.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    Glen2022Glen2022 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭✭

What is cash?

• Options

@PillarDollarCollector said:
    Nothing but my bank card and credit card. Never carry cash anymore.

@lablover said:

@Cakes said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Easy to say when you are not looking down the barrel of a large caliber gun. My buddy just bought a Ruger Super Red Hawk Alaskan in .44 magnum. Against his judgement I had him point it at me, yes unloaded, and it was intimidating.

You never, ever point a gun at someone (even unloaded) unless you plan on pulling the trigger. Your buddy should not have done so, being the one with some good judgement

Yes in theory for most it's simply dumb. We are both gun guys and it was brand new out of the box. He didn't even have bullets yet. It's such a big gun, it's enormous, very substantial revolver. Everything on this gun is big and heavy, from the unfluted cylinder to the frame and the sights and I had to see what it's like looking down the barrel. I repeat it made him uneasy.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,861 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jetsons

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 8, 2024 9:15AM

@Cakes said:

@lablover said:

@Cakes said:

@jmlanzaf said:

You never, ever point a gun at someone (even unloaded) unless you plan on pulling the trigger. Your buddy should not have done so, being the one with some good judgement

Yes in theory for most it's simply dumb. We are both gun guys and it was brand new out of the box. He didn't even have bullets yet. It's such a big gun, it's enormous, very substantial revolver. Everything on this gun is big and heavy, from the unfluted cylinder to the frame and the sights and I had to see what it's like looking down the barrel. I repeat it made him uneasy.

Pretty calm up here where I live in Canada. Never had anyone try to rob me or anyone I know. Stay away from the few little shady places and most likely nothing will happen.

Coin collecting interests: Latin American early pillar 1 reales

Sports: NFL & NHL

Successful Transactions with the following board members: Pruebas & SimonW

• Options

@Cakes said:

@lablover said:

@Cakes said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Pretty calm up here where I live in Canada. Never had anyone try to rob me or anyone I know. Stay away from the few little shady places and most likely nothing will happen.

Sounds amazing up North!

The Ruger Alaskan is not for self defense, it's for hunting. Honestly if I was in grizzly country I would go with a .454 Casull but it kicks like a horse.

• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 9, 2024 8:52AM

@Cakes said:

@Cakes said:

@lablover said:

@Cakes said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Sounds amazing up North!

The Ruger Alaskan is not for self defense, it's for hunting. Honestly if I was in grizzly country I would go with a .454 Casull but it kicks like a horse.

Canada is a good country for the most part. Of course we have issues in larger cities like anywhere else but like I said stay away from known bad areas and chances are nothing will happen to you.

You have to remember it is all in the numbers (and size of the country) we have 40 million Canadians you guys in the USA have 330 million + Americans. I am pretty sure if we had that many people things would be different up here for better and worse.

Coin collecting interests: Latin American early pillar 1 reales

Sports: NFL & NHL

Successful Transactions with the following board members: Pruebas & SimonW

• Options
    ReadyFireAimReadyFireAim Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 9, 2024 10:13AM

I usually have more cash & coins on me but this is it at the moment.
    Do GoldBacks count?

• Options
    CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you do Where's George?

God Bless, CRHer700 :mrgreen:
    Do unto others what you expect to be done to you.

• Options
    CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you want to see my actual wallet, or my de facto wallet, AKA cracked, taped, plastic tub. The answer to the first is first and the answer to the second is second.

God Bless, CRHer700 :mrgreen:
    Do unto others what you expect to be done to you.

• Options
    mikee999mikee999 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭✭

-0-, nil, nada, 00000000000.

I carry no $money in my wallet for obvious reasons(s).

+1 or more

🙂

• Options
    Morgan13Morgan13 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd have to ask my wife and she's out shopping right now so I'm out on this deal.

Student of numismatics and collector of Morgan dollars
    Successful BST transactions with: Namvet Justindan Mattniss RWW olah_in_MA

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file