Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

First new Morgan dollar purchase in awhile 1880-O

anablepanablep Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 1, 2024 6:39PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I've been so focused on Peace dollars lately that I haven't really looked at my Morgans in a while. Found this one on GC and won it this past weekend. For whatever reasons, this date is tough above 63 and nearly impossible in 65 and above. Sadly, there isn't much information regarding surviving populations on CoinFacts.

This 64 replaces an MS62 that I've had for a while but could never find an attractive replacement for. Finding this date with interesting color is even more challenging. It should be arriving today but below you can find the TV and GC images which seem to agree with the colors on the coin's surfaces.

Feel free to leave an opinion and thanks for looking!

Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne

Comments

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just Beautiful!
    <3

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    mattnissmattniss Posts: 622 ✭✭✭✭

Nice pickup Wayne!

• Options
    bennybravobennybravo Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

That one is a beauty my friend. No argument on the grade. Choice example!

• Options
    LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 1, 2024 11:02AM

Love the look on that one.
    Nice B)

Yes, they are quite hard to locate in 64 and above.

Here is my 80-O

• Options
    anablepanablep Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LeeBone that is one clean 1880-O and it looks lustrous to boot! Nice coin all around!

Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne
  • Options
    LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

@anablep said:
    @LeeBone that is one clean 1880-O and it looks lustrous to boot! Nice coin all around!

Thanks for the kind words.
    63+ CAC

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

One tough puppy 👍

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file