Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone want to share the coins they’re having trouble finding?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭

1971 S silver Ike dollar PCGS MS68

• Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

My hunt for these goes on and on and...

Any non-key date Morgan graded PCGS AU55+
    Any non-key date Morgan graded PCGS AU50+

When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    CrepidoderaCrepidodera Posts: 283 ✭✭✭✭✭

An 1866-S quarter in PCGS CAC F-AU,

• Options
    semikeycollectorsemikeycollector Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭

1865 $2.50

• Options
    Slade01Slade01 Posts: 163 ✭✭✭

Nice diverse and interesting list, great thread

• Options
    HillbillyCollectorHillbillyCollector Posts: 533 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dcarr said:

@HillbillyCollector said:
    Four fairly common DEs.
    1) ‘59-O XF-AU CAC
    2) ‘60-O XF-AU CAC
    3) ‘61-O XF-AU CAC
    4) ‘79-O XF-AU CAC

"Common" ?
    Not exactly.

Yeah, I should have winked but wanted to see if anyone caught me.😂
    Those are four ‘tough customers’’ especially that ‘79-O.

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 26, 2024 8:39PM

@renomedphys said:

One of these from circulation. I'm not selfish, I'm only looking for one. You guys can have the rest!

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

A Silver Proof modern from Uzbekistan, preferably graded by PCGS. And I’m serious! I was the underbidder on one several years back on eBay and have not seen another since (where the price is right and the design is nice).

• Options
    FloridafacelifterFloridafacelifter Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭✭✭

79-O and 83-O BM Morgans!

• Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,761 ✭✭✭✭

I've been looking for a nice PCGS MS65 13-D T2 Buffalo Nickel for years. For some reason every one I come across has a problem that I can't live with.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    alefzeroalefzero Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bust dollars:

1796 BB-64 (3 known, NGC XF Details sold 2006, Miller PCGS VF35 never on the market, ANACS F Details sold 2002 & 2005)
    1798 BB-117 (2 known, PCGS AU53 and Miller PCGS XF45, neither ever on the market)
    1798 BB-126 (2 known, PCGS VF Details and PCGS VG10, neither ever on the market)
    1799 BB-168 Die State I (exists?)
    1803 BB-257 (probably still unique)

• Options
    Married2CoinsMarried2Coins Posts: 309 ✭✭✭

@emeraldATV said:
    In house ?
    I'm serious. Photo log is the best way to tell me it's here, but where ? My lifestyle demands I live alone, no one else would put up with Spunky (my pet skunk, LOL) and my hobby.

You forgot to add the images of corrosion randomly posted in the forum discussions. ;)

• Options
    Married2CoinsMarried2Coins Posts: 309 ✭✭✭

@dcarr said:
    I would like to find more of the Colorado silver rounds (circa 1974-1977), similar to these:

Do you think they were made for assay? Were they all made by one producer as a novelty? Do you live in CO? What is the short story?

• Options
    pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

Type 2 gold $1 to finish my 12 coin set
    1834 $5 to finish my Classic Head Half Eagle Date set
    Some CBH's because you can never have enough of those.

• Options
    PennyGuyPennyGuy Posts: 144 ✭✭✭

Been looking for a 1864 LM 2 cent piece in PCGS plastic VF20 grade to complete exhibit on grading 2 centers. Already have AG3 to MS65 except for the VF 20. Willing to pay stupid money but just can’t find one.

"A penny hit by lightning is worth six cents". Opie Taylor

• Options
    BikergeekBikergeek Posts: 229 ✭✭✭✭

@scubafuel - this one may be mildly interesting. I've looked at a TON of capped bust half dimes in the last several years. This one is the most off-center I've yet seen. I had some more experienced folks identify it as a "broadstruck, railroad-rim coin" after they looked at images including the third side of the coin. It's not for sale, as it's a special coin to me (it was my final die marriage in the big set).

New website: Groovycoins.com Capped Bust Half Dime registry set: Bikergeek CBHD LM Set

• Options
    scubafuelscubafuel Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bikergeek that is excellent! What a cool coin to complete your DM set.

Instead of “trouble finding” I should have said “trouble acquiring” 😉

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is egore, my assistant

@Married2Coins said:

@emeraldATV said:
    In house ?
    I'm serious. Photo log is the best way to tell me it's here, but where ? My lifestyle demands I live alone, no one else would put up with Spunky (my pet skunk, LOL) and my hobby.

You forgot to add the images of corrosion randomly posted in the forum discussions. ;)

That's never an issue.

• Options
    TOMTJCTOMTJC Posts: 24 ✭✭✭

been looking for a 1916 buffalo nickel proof 64 or 65 for a while rarest proof buffalo have seen a few but they have unattractive toning or priced way too much

• Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reasonably priced 1947 Saudi ARAMCO 1 Pound gold.
    2x spot? Graded

• Options
    DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TOMTJC said:
    been looking for a 1916 buffalo nickel proof 64 or 65 for a while rarest proof buffalo have seen a few but they have unattractive toning or priced way too much

Can you define "priced way too much?"

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 1, 2024 3:25AM

@Married2Coins said:

@dcarr said:
    I would like to find more of the Colorado silver rounds (circa 1974-1977), similar to these:

Do you think they were made for assay? Were they all made by one producer as a novelty? Do you live in CO? What is the short story?

This TAMS article from 1981 has some info. However, I find the author's alarmist tone to be rather ridiculous :

• Options
    manlye1manlye1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

@dcarr said:

The last three in your pic were mine, sold on EBay a few years ago. Didn’t get what I thought they were worth so someone got a great deal on those.

• Options
    manlye1manlye1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

1804 25C B2 in XF
    1806 25C B8 in XF
    1803 10C JR1
    1802 10C in XF

• Options
    TOMTJCTOMTJC Posts: 24 ✭✭✭

@DisneyFan said:

@TOMTJC said:

NGC trends proof 64 $3,000.00 proof 65 $3,500.00 the last one I saw for sale was a proof 64 CAC $4,500.00
    PCGS trends proof 64 $3,500.00 proof 65 $4,250.00 the last one I saw for sale was a proof 65 for $4,500.00
    would like to stay around $3,500.00 for a nice proof 64

• Options
    Slade01Slade01 Posts: 163 ✭✭✭

I am struggling on one Lincoln -- a nice MS 64 or 65 toned brown 1923-S. There are few even ugly ones out there.

• Options
    DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TOMTJC said:

@DisneyFan said:

@TOMTJC said:

NGC trends proof 64 $3,000.00 proof 65 $3,500.00 the last one I saw for sale was a proof 64 CAC $4,500.00
    PCGS trends proof 64 $3,500.00 proof 65 $4,250.00 the last one I saw for sale was a proof 65 for $4,500.00
    would like to stay around $3,500.00 for a nice proof 64

No reason to overpay. CAC Price Guide has them at 6 PR64 @ $2,880 & 16 PR65 @ $3,750. Keep checking the auctions and patience is the name of the game. Sometimes dealers are buried in their coins.

• Options
    Ike1964Ike1964 Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a 2007 John Adams dollar from the PCGS Set Registry Awards Luncheon dated August 10, 2007.

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

@manlye1 said:

@dcarr said:

The last three in your pic were mine, sold on EBay a few years ago. Didn’t get what I thought they were worth so someone got a great deal on those.

I was the one who bought them. As I remember, at the time, the price was a pretty good deal (for me), but not grossly under-priced.

However, since then, some events have affected the market price for them. The AllEngelhard web site listed a Leadville round in their category "Leadville Mine Development Company". That was incorrect, so I sent them the correct information including the TAMS article. They still have the Colorado silver slugs listed with the Leadville Mine Development Company bars, but at least they added the info that I provided.

Anything that is scarce and listed on AllEngelhard (whether it is an Engelhard product or not) will see significant demand from vintage silver bullion collectors. The the net effect is that the AllEngelhard listing has increased the market prices for these Colorado silver slugs.

Here is the AllEngelhard Leadville page:
    https://allengelhard.com/leadville-mine-development-company/

• Options
    BigtreeBigtree Posts: 205 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Whit said:
    1917-S Obv Walker, vf 30-40
    But I'm not surprised or discouraged. The fun is the hunt, as it was with my CAC PCGS 35 16-S

@Whit if you find another nice 16-S perhaps we could work out a trade ;). I've been looking for a nice crusty 16-S for a while - didn't realize it'd be this tough!

• Options
    ProofmorganProofmorgan Posts: 727 ✭✭✭✭✭

Early gold with nice original surfaces. Not sure where they all went these past few years, but even the high prices aren't bringing them out.

Also, most of the Pogue coins seem to have been locked away for the long term.

Collector of Original Early Gold with beginnings in Proof Morgan collecting.
  • Options
    WhitWhit Posts: 319 ✭✭✭

Thank you, Bigtree. I'll keep that in mind.

Whit

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file