Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Any Upcoming Dallas coin shows this Summer?

SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be traveling to Texas in July and staying in Dallas. Anyone one know of any coins shows happening there that month.
I missed Spring PNNA this year so I'm jonesing a bit to hit a show.

Comments

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately, it seems coinshows.com and coinzip.com have gone for pay so some shows aren't being listed. July is also the quiet period...

The next Grapevine show is May 31 - June 2, the one after is July 5-7th. That's about your only option.

ONA (in Moore, about 3 hours up I35) is this coming weekend (April 26-28).

TNA has moved to Conroe, TX (North of Houston) due to the Arlington Convention Center closure. It's also the end of June (28-30), not July. https://tna.org/downloads/2024_Conroe_Convention/TNAConventionFlyer2024.pdf - it's about a 3h drive if you drive like a Texan.

coinshows-usa.com lists a show in Amarillo July 12-14. That's about 5.5 hours for me and it's kind of outside the range I usually set.

There is also the ARK-LA-TEX show on July 13-14. Bossier City LA is about 3h40m for me, could be less depending on where in the Metroplex you are actually hanging your hat. Closer to 3 hours from Downtown Dallas,

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 889 ✭✭✭✭

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good info, I’ll want to hit a couple of these around Spring Conroe my backyard. But probably won’t make Dallas.

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks guys

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinscratch if you can volunteer, reach out to the TNA host clubs. They're dying to get people.

Unfortunately for the TNA, having the show in the DFW area built up a pool of well-known volunteers based out of the five or six largest local clubs.

Some of us would work setup or teardown and all three days of the show, maybe taking two half-days for our own collections. A tank of gas and $15 for parking I could stomach as a "contribution" to the TNA and my home clubs. But I can't justify three days of my vacation, 7 hours on the road, and three nights in a hotel at our own expense.

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BStrauss3 said:
    @Coinscratch if you can volunteer, reach out to the TNA host clubs. They're dying to get people.

Unfortunately for the TNA, having the show in the DFW area built up a pool of well-known volunteers based out of the five or six largest local clubs.

Some of us would work setup or teardown and all three days of the show, maybe taking two half-days for our own collections. A tank of gas and $15 for parking I could stomach as a "contribution" to the TNA and my home clubs. But I can't justify three days of my vacation, 7 hours on the road, and three nights in a hotel at our own expense.

Possible but not likely it’s already a crapshoot because I have my son’s baseball tournaments every other weekend. But I will find a way to make the show, even if it falls on the same weekend :-)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file