Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

T - I alignment on 1825 bust half

LawtonoklahomaLawtonoklahoma Posts: 3
edited April 11, 2024 8:02PM in U.S. Coin Forum

T-I alignment, I'm having a hard time with an 1825. Would everyone agree that this I stands directly under the T?

Comments

• Options
    Married2CoinsMarried2Coins Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

Yes. Now post the entire coin and one of the members here will attribute for you.

• Options
    habaracahabaraca Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭✭✭

using a cheat tool I made from a hard plastic dollar bill holder, here is what I see

tool:

Alignments:

so to answer your question YES

• Options
    Pnies20Pnies20 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 9, 2024 9:54PM

Yes. Post the photos if you feel like it.

BHNC #248 … 108 and counting.

• Options
    jacrispiesjacrispies Posts: 722 ✭✭✭✭✭

Appears to be so! I use T-I alignment as a first glance guide but it usually doesn't narrow down the playing field enough, and as a result I don't measure the alignment exactly.

"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord" Romans 6:23. Young fellow suffering from Bust Half fever.

• Options
    yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

How come I don't have that DIY in my tool box?

Good luck with the coin

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• Options

I'm just getting used to using this format on this website. I'm not so tech savvy, I was born in the 60s.

• Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lawtonoklahoma said:
    I'm just getting used to using this format on this website. I'm not so tech savvy, I was born in the 60s.

#
    Born in the 60's is a youngster to some of these posters!! :D

Me, I'm vintage '64, so my bones creak a little also. :#

That appears to be an O-114

Trick when looking a Capped Bust Halves. If you use the common T to I centering, quickly move to two other Reverse pick-up points, since you're there looking anyway. Relation of D in UNITED to E in the very left of the scroll, and the O in OF to the first U in UNUM on the right side of the scroll.

This will knock out about 90% of the reverses for the date.

I also look at placement of 5 in 50 in relation to Claw and shape and placement of C compared to the branch, among other things.

Careful for reused Obverse and Reverse dies on different Overton's too. Easy to mix up a rarer DM when one die was on a common one.

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options

Thank you, I'm working on attributing a date set. I'm using Peterson fifth edition and Parsley 5th edition. I have the old Overton book but its old. So I'm going to enjoy and learn one date at a time, I'm currently working on 1827, After these I will start on the VAMS with the Morgans.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file