Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

No Foolin' Here, Just April Purchases

Let's get April rolling....

1980 AL ROY "Super Joe" Quickly faded out due to injuries..

Comments

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭✭✭

@redlegs said:
    I picked up this 1929 R316 5x7 Photo Jimmy Foxx as a compliment to my 1929 Kashin.

Love it! I’ve said it on here numerous times, but I’d love to start a Foxx registry someday. Awesome cards!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2, 2024 11:43AM

1951WheatiesPremium...

At least the ballpoint ink is off the images...nice boxes!

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 6, 2024 4:04AM

@mintonlypls said:
    1951WheatiesPremium...

At least the ballpoint ink is off the images...nice boxes!

Thanks, Monte!

ETA:
    Yes, I have entertained freeing the card as they’re pretty nice though imperfect. And there’s sort of 4 options - box, panel, card panel and card. I am still undecided at this time but all are a part of the master set.

or

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:

@redlegs said:
    I picked up this 1929 R316 5x7 Photo Jimmy Foxx as a compliment to my 1929 Kashin.

Love it! I’ve said it on here numerous times, but I’d love to start a Foxx registry someday. Awesome cards!

Do it Dan!

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    4Boston4Boston Posts: 288 ✭✭✭

@redlegs said:

The guy who was as good as Mantle but few seem to know it.

• Options

@4Boston said:

@redlegs said:

I’m one of Mickey’s biggest fans in this board.

You could make a strong case that Foxx was not as good but actually better.

I think the sadness and bad luck that surrounds Jimmie’s playing and post playing days of his career hurts his legacy some, like it or not.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,578 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

@4Boston said:

@redlegs said:

I think the sadness and bad luck that surrounds Jimmie’s playing and post playing days of his career hurts his legacy some, like it or not.

imagine if Foxx had a normal decline and was able to continue playing at a high level into his mid-late 30's

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@craig44 said:

@4Boston said:

@redlegs said:

imagine if Foxx had a normal decline and was able to continue playing at a high level into his mid-late 30's

I think the same could probably be said of both men; alcohol shortened and eventually ruined both men’s careers.

Like the late, great Mitch Hedberg said, Alcoholism is a disease but it’s the only disease you can get in trouble for having; people say ‘Dammit, Otto, you’re an alcoholic!’ But you never hear, ‘Dammit, Otto, you have lupus!’

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kid4hof03 said:

@DBesse27 said:

@redlegs said:

Do it Dan!

Hi Abe, wanna spot me a few thousand? 🤣

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Chicago1976 said:

Somehow that card really pops! Just amazing.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Somehow that card really pops! Just amazing.

I agree the print on it is as good as it gets. Couple that with the centering and really catches the eye.

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sjjs28 said:

hey sjjs2
    Pretty Cool Post Cereal... :)

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pab1969 said:
    Always wanted this card:

So sweet. Probably my favorite JB too, but the '76 is a nice card.

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lwehlers said:
    won this one last sunday just got it today.

Sharp looking Tiffany! Nice!

• Options
    jordangretzkyfanjordangretzkyfan Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

Outstanding centering on that Brett PSA 9….great eye!

• Options
    junkwaxgemsjunkwaxgems Posts: 239 ✭✭✭

@ndleo said:
    I got this Bonds in a lot I purchased. I thought it was a normal refractor, but I think it could be a gold. How can I tell the difference? Is the gold serial numbered? This card doesn't have a serial number that I can see.

All of the “regular” (1:4 packs) 2002 Topps chrome refractors are gold bordered, there are no silver bordered refractors that year. Just gold and black.

fka jacksoncoupage, comc.com: junkwaxgems, ebay: junkwaxgems
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Junkwaxgems. I don't collect much modern baseball but this card may stay in the PC.

Mike
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,256 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

@4Boston said:

@redlegs said:

I think the same could probably be said of both men; alcohol shortened and eventually ruined both men’s careers.

Like the late, great Mitch Hedberg said, Alcoholism is a disease but it’s the only disease you can get in trouble for having; people say ‘Dammit, Otto, you’re an alcoholic!’ But you never hear, ‘Dammit, Otto, you have lupus!’

I read a biography of Foxx that claimed he was not a big drinker.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BaltimoreYankee said:
    Technically a March pickup but still my newest addition. I was really happy that this '67 High Number is just as nice in hand as it looked on eBay:

Congrats. I know Colavito is one of the toughest cards in the ‘67 set. That one is a beauty.

• Options
    4Boston4Boston Posts: 288 ✭✭✭

@pab1969 said:
    I love the multi-autos.

Great card. Me as well. This is on it’s way to Darth Grader now. Hopefully the force is with me. Expecting a 4-5. Highest is a 1.5

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 9, 2024 6:19AM

I pulled two Will Levis redemptions from 2023 Leaf Metal Draft. I waited about 6 weeks and got an email that the card was in transit. I got the package yesterday and unfortunately Leaf informed me that Will Levis did not sign the card I was supposed to get........then I saw the replacement.........a 1/1.

I have one more coming today and I can't wait to see what I get! For comparison, I still have a 2019 Kyler Murray waiting at Panini.

Mike
  • Options
    bgrbgr Posts: 291 ✭✭✭

Modern cards give me anxiety ;)

• Options
    jraytayjraytay Posts: 126 ✭✭✭

@balco758 said:
    Wife brought me a gift home from Japan.

....ain't that true love? <3