Home Sports Talk
Options

2024 March Madness

2»

Comments

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good win. First Final four for Purdue since 1980.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

might not be able to watch sat.

i want to see nc s v p bad

it would be a remarkable piece of history if #1 seed eliminated by a #16 then takes it all as a #1 seed the next year

i wondering what would haappen with a edey clingan game. that'd be one to watch

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,574 ✭✭✭✭✭

And the final four have arrived

Obviously UConn is the heavy favorite but at this stage everyone is legit

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭✭

Uconn is already bolting down light posts in anticipation of winning it all. They deserve to lose for doing that already

• Options
    pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

@Basebal21 said:
    Uconn is already bolting down light posts in anticipation of winning it all. They deserve to lose for doing that already

For taking precaution.

• Options

Congrats to Caitlin Clark and the Iowa Hawkeyes defeating LSU. LSU walked off the court during the National anthem.

That LSU crew is pure scum. This is not their first entitled stunt, and each time they act like privileged children they come off as clueless idiots.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    edited April 1, 2024 11:58PM

@pdoidoi said:

@Basebal21 said:

For taking precaution.

Final four game isnt until Saturday and then the final is on Monday. Theyre acting like they have it on lock which they might, usually when presumptuous things like that occur its just asking for a loss

• Options
    edited April 2, 2024 3:33AM

@coolstanley said:
    Congrats to Caitlin Clark and the Iowa Hawkeyes defeating LSU. LSU walked off the court during the National anthem.

That LSU crew is pure scum. This is not their first entitled stunt, and each time they act like privileged children they come off as clueless idiots.

And their coach had the utter nerve to say it wasn't intentional, give me a break 🙄

I'm glad they got beat 👏👏

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

@Basebal21 said:

@pdoidoi said:

@Basebal21 said:

For taking precaution.

Final four game isnt until Saturday and then the final is on Monday. Theyre acting like they have it on lock which they might, usually when presumptuous things like that occur its just asking for a loss

But a lot goes into preparing for events or potential events, I'm sure every city does stuff like that.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kim Mulkey is a trash individual who steals oxygen on a daily basis

other than that she's fine

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

Purdue... not Perdue

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2, 2024 2:19PM

I wonder if Will Perdue will will Purdue to the NCAA D-1 title game next Monday night and to the title? :)

Further, a little trivia.

The last time Purdue was in the final four was in 1980. The star of that Purdue team was All American center Joe Barry Carroll (who was the #1 pick in the NBA draft that year and who played in the NBA for many years).

The trivia part of this is that Joe Barry Carroll and I went to the same high school in Denver, Colorado for the 1973-1974 school year. I was a 17 year old 6' 6" senior and played center on the varsity team. JBC was a 15 year old 6'8 or 6'9" sophomore who played center on the sophomore team. He was rail thin and very uncoordinated (he grew very fast between 9th and 10th grade and his coordination lagged behind, until his junior and senior years when his coordination caught up with him and he became a phenomenal high school player).

• Options

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@Basebal21 said:

@pdoidoi said:

@Basebal21 said:

For taking precaution.

But a lot goes into preparing for events or potential events, I'm sure every city does stuff like that.

They won it all last year, a lot of that should have already been in place and simply getting to the title game shouldnt be that big of a reaction. Its looking a lot like theyre looking past the Bama game from a school and fan base standpoint which is when the upsets usually happen.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 3, 2024 9:47AM

@SanctionII said:
    I wonder if Will Perdue will will Purdue to the NCAA D-1 title game next Monday night and to the title? :)

Further, a little trivia.

The last time Purdue was in the final four was in 1980. The star of that Purdue team was All American center Joe Barry Carroll (who was the #1 pick in the NBA draft that year and who played in the NBA for many years).

The trivia part of this is that Joe Barry Carroll and I went to the same high school in Denver, Colorado for the 1973-1974 school year. I was a 17 year old 6' 6" senior and played center on the varsity team. JBC was a 15 year old 6'8 or 6'9" sophomore who played center on the sophomore team. He was rail thin and very uncoordinated (he grew very fast between 9th and 10th grade and his coordination lagged behind, until his junior and senior years when his coordination caught up with him and he became a phenomenal high school player).

if it weren't for Joe Barry Carroll the Kevin Mchale/Robert Parish era never happens in Boston.

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@Basebal21 said:

@pdoidoi said:

@Basebal21 said:

For taking precaution.

They won it all last year, a lot of that should have already been in place and simply getting to the title game shouldnt be that big of a reaction. Its looking a lot like theyre looking past the Bama game from a school and fan base standpoint which is when the upsets usually happen.

Maybe.

A lot of people are talking a beat down but if Bama gets hot with the 3's anything can happen, like you mentioned in another post.

They actually play the games for a reason

• Options

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@Basebal21 said:

@pdoidoi said:

@Basebal21 said:

For taking precaution.

Maybe.

A lot of people are talking a beat down but if Bama gets hot with the 3's anything can happen, like you mentioned in another post.

They actually play the games for a reason

A beat down wouldnt surprise me. Out of the teams left I think the best chance of beating UConn would be if Bama is hot raining threes. NC State has been on a big run where there 9 in a row was some thing like a 0.009 percent chance of happening. The NC State big man is actually getting some interest in the NFL draft like Antonio Gates did.

If Uconn get to the finals I would bet they do win it

• Options

Absent JBC the Warriors in 1980-81 might have fielded a team with both Parish and McHale on the squad. If so that would have been something that prevented the Warriors from wandering in the desert (with few playoff appearances) from 1975-1976 until Curry was drafted.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coolstanley said:

They were gone before the Anthem. They didn't walk off "during" the anthem.

• Options

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

Either way, no class.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coolstanley said:

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

Either way, no class.

They haven’t been on the floor for an anthem once this year; I don’t know if it’s an intentional protest or just how they do their pregame ritual.

Not standing or walking off, to me, is different than being in locker room to go over the game plan and missing it.

Whether it’s Danny Hurley or Angel Reese, I prefer some class and humility in my athletes/coaches. I don’t see it from either so it’s easier to root for their failure than their success. That said, I don’t hate either.

Ms. Reese probably hasn’t lost much so I’m guessing she doesn’t have any experience.

Arrogance and entitlement in the Hurley family is rampant. Danny and Bobby are two entitled jerks and have been for years.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

@coolstanley said:

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

Either way, no class.

They haven’t been on the floor for an anthem once this year; I don’t know if it’s an intentional protest or just how they do their pregame ritual.

They claims pregame ritual not knowing when it was happening now that theyre getting roasted for it, but thats certainly an awful lot of coincidences if its not intentional and even more of a coincidence that they are somehow always on time for the game.

They arent the only team that does it theyre just the most unlikable one and getting the most attention from the LA governor calling for scholarships to be stripped from any player at a state school that doesnt stand for the anthem

• Options

If the LSU team and coach do not like the USA, no one will prevent them from leaving and starting a new life somewhere else.

Venezuela perhaps?

• Options
    edited April 7, 2024 3:44AM

should be interesting games

• Options

Back to Purdue for a moment... I hope Rick Mount is either at the game or watching...Go Boilermakers

And that is something that is not easy to write...

• Options

i'm liking purdue to take it all

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

Down go the Tide.

Two #1 seeds for the title on Monday.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

Uconn is the worst match up for Purdue. UConn is the favorite to take it all now. They match up everywhere with the big guys and Purdue cant just rain 3s to counter that

• Options

@Basebal21 said:
    They match up everywhere with the big guys and Purdue cant just rain 3s to counter that

Why not?

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last night, UConn looked to me,really quick on the floor.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

@coolstanley said:

@Basebal21 said:
    They match up everywhere with the big guys and Purdue cant just rain 3s to counter that

Why not?

They can try but thats not their style. Bama gave UConn by far their hardest game of the tournament and UCONN still won by14 points. Edey for Purdue wont be able to play bully ball with the UCONN center like hes used to. The UCONN center is basically the same size as him so guys wont have to be collapsing to the paint to help with him

UCONN likely wins again by double digits. Their margin of victory in the tournament is well over 100 points which is just insane

• Options

i think edey has him on poundage
    i think edey can muscle clingan around

• Options

Purdue almost looks like a one man team.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

they are trying to tire him

• Options

loss on foul trouble?

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    loss on foul trouble?

guess not

uconn has the best all around team and bench

• Options

trivia - uconn is 6 for 6 in the ncaa championship game

• Options

A power in basketball and I dont even know what conference they play in.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

big east

• Options

edey was dripping sweat somewhere in the middle of the first half. edey would greatly help himself in the nba if he would do a lot of sprints and some running

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    they are trying to tire him

UConn is a quick team.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

@coolstanley said:

They play in the Big East and I originally started this thread because the best conference in men’s college basketball received a measly three bids when it should have received five or six.

The Big East now has five of the last ten championships…

…so I hope we never see SIX teams from the Mountain West Conference ever again.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@coolstanley said:

They play in the Big East and I originally started this thread because the best conference in men’s college basketball received a measly three bids when it should have received five or six.

The real gripe was Virginia getting in over Seton Hall or Oklahoma. It probably should have been Seton Hall and OKU in over Boise and UVA. UVA definitely shouldnt have been in, even they were just as shocked as everyone else when they got in

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

@coolstanley said:

The real gripe was Virginia getting in over Seton Hall or Oklahoma. It probably should have been Seton Hall and OKU in over Boise and UVA. UVA definitely shouldnt have been in, even they were just as shocked as everyone else when they got in

On kenpom.com, St John’s (35) was literally the only team in the Top 40 that wasn’t in the tournament. Maybe even the top 50 - can’t remember now.

Now, former golden boy Rick Pitino may be to blame for it since he’s brought plenty of negative attention to college basketball over the last decade so maybe they didn’t want him in the Dance but that’s pretty awful on the part of the committee: to punish the kids/players for it.

• Options
    edited April 9, 2024 6:18PM

@Basebal21 said:

@coolstanley said:

On kenpom.com, St John’s (35) was literally the only team in the Top 40 that wasn’t in the tournament. Maybe even the top 50 - can’t remember now.

Now, former golden boy Rick Pitino may be to blame for it since he’s brought plenty of negative attention to college basketball over the last decade so maybe they didn’t want him in the Dance but that’s pretty awful on the part of the committee: to punish the kids/players for it.

I dont think it was just Pitino because they werent the only team snubbed. They really seemed to have wanted UVA in there for whatever reason with that insanely boring style of play and really not that good of a resume especially at the end.

The only good thing about it is that with how UCONN played in the tournament it wouldnt have really mattered.