Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

To bad it’s AT looks nice

PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

Comments

• Options
    CryptoCrypto Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amateurish but shiny. Goes to show you how slow developing elevation chromatics are a valuable tool for toning identification. One layer almost ways equals applied even if accidental.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

beauty is the eye of the beholder, fwiw. it sure does look nice starting with the reverse, i get it

• Options

I'm not a toning guy. When I see those youtube videos where people dip and heat coins to tone them, I cringe.
    It just seems like irreparable damage to me.

The substantial truth doctrine is an important defense in defamation law that allows individuals to avoid liability if the gist of their statement was true.

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

A product of Dr. Toningstein...

Elsa Lanchester looked better... Bride of Frankenstein (1935)

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Flamethrower

👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a blue flame on a gas stove.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

IMO a fresh pile of vomit looks better than that. RGDS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    spyglassdesignspyglassdesign Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

Something about in the eye of the beholder? :smiley:

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,490 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, no. It does not look “nice.” It is hideous. Let’s hope really collectible coins, which have limited supply, don’t have this done to them.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be interesting to see the results of dipping this coin to see if the AT can be removed without showing any visible damage to this coin's surfaces.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

It might go for a premium on eBay 🤪

LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not for me.

• Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭✭

I kinda like the violet color between the electric blue and the untoned sections. Would look good on a motorcycle...not so much on a Peace $.

To each his own, I suppose.

imageimage

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭✭

For some reason, I thought the OP's tongue was firmly planted in his cheek...

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 7, 2024 4:39PM

@gumby1234
    Now those are some nice toners. Congrats and thanks for showing. Sorry but OP's coin is hideous and I like toning. I do not understand why AT guys spend so much time on Peace$, they do not tone well and when they do, they look nothing like NT coins. JMO
    Jim

edited for spelling

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    conrad99conrad99 Posts: 366 ✭✭✭

Here's an AT coin I consider attractive and desirable.

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jesbroken you mean NT at the end of your statement. Typo. Thanks those are part of my Roosevelt dime set.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you Jim, corrected.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been collecting coins since 1961. That is probably the worst looking coin that I have ever seen.

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

@spyglassdesign said:
    Something about in the eye of the beholder? :smiley:

Ben ? To much spangleing, try a little more red glare, and keep it down wind. I can't see.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice toners, gumby!

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

This 1776/1976 Washington Quarter was given in change. It may look normal today, but from what I've noticed about the rainbow effect toners, just forget about it as there's a slight coating of magenta taking charge. Bag it and tag it and forget about it. We'll see ya 5yrs from now. Always 70* in here. Naturally.

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lcoopie said:

Do these actually sell?

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,919 ✭✭✭✭✭

Eye of the Beholder suits me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pEBp9ulELLA

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options

@Zoins said:

@lcoopie said:

Do these actually sell?

Actually ,this may explain an honest formula in advertising for this coin. Not like all the logos plastered at the raceway.
    Target buyer. (not for sale)
    Formula car fans, NASCAR fans or even a soap box car winner's trophy. (or the purse for any, lol ) Thus the word fanatic.
    The green infield needs some time to germinate itself naturally, if that's your goal.

Photo's as seen in hand.

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭✭✭

Put it in 2x2 in your junk box?

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

My only toner:

Smitten with DBLCs.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji